Jurassic World

jamamafegan

Saw it tonight. Enjoyed it. Hated the older brother though and was praying for him to be brutally killed.

Looking back at some comments I have to laugh. Folk always think trailers have something in them that is dreadful or spoils the plot, only to always be proven wrong when the film comes out. It's almost as if they make trailers to dupe morons in that way on purpose...

Regarding a sequel, I have to echo what others have said. There's no way they can have another park. Since Dr Wu got away with various samples, I'll go with the the plot being that there is a facility where they're trying to breed dinosaurs for military purposes. Cue the 'Malcolm effect' and there's your film.

That or folk have to go back to Jurassic World for some reason.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice playbacks to the original, the Malcolm book on Lowery's desk, the shirt, the old entrance way.

I liked it, really wanted the older brother to get killed but they made up for it with the annoying PA and her demise.

Good build up to hopefully make Henry Wu the main human antagonist for the next movie.

I liked it. Very solid 7/10 from me.

Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard were decent. The older kid was a bit of a fanny but bearable. The plot was a bit weak in terms of the InGen genetic manipulation for military application creates monster they can't control - who would have thunk it? but you've got to have a bad guy other than the monster so again - acceptable. The CGI/puppetry was good apart from the dying brachiosaur which looked very fake.

In the next movie I'd like to see Chris Pratt with a fully trained Velociraptor down the park throwing sticks for it. 'Blue! Put that child down'

For the people talking about age, I think it depends on the child but that is what the 12A certificate is there for rather than just a flat 12. I took my son who is 5. This is the first 12A I've let him watch but tried him out with the original first. He absolutely loved Jurassic World. He said that there were some scary bits but it all looked pretend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
It's a Jurassic Park so I'll enjoy it. I just don't feel they needed to make it. It ended pretty perfectly with the last one. Another cash cow being milked?

Big market out there for it tbf. Don’t see why another franchise hasn’t been set up to try take advantage of it, same with the Walking Dead. Everyone loves Dinosaur and Zombie stuff.

Archived