There's no doubt that provisions for men affected by sexual violence are inadequate. Just as they are also extremely inadequate for women. It wasn't even acknowledged that men could be 'raped' until very recently so hardly surprising not enough support is available.

That said, when attitudes of victim blaming are still prevalent in society I don't think you can blame women for focusing on it as a gender issue. You only have to look at the Bill Cosby case to see the difficulties facing women in being able to speak out against powerful men.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spelt it wrong, noticed after and haven't bothered changing it. Is that lazy?

Nah, it makes you stand out. If you'd spelt it correctly, I would have forgotten your username almost immediately after replying to you. Now it is stuck in my mind. You're already on your way to becoming a box-office poster.

Rape crisis was originally founded to help women who had been victims of sexual violence and to raise awareness of the issue. You are trying to rationalise your hatred of womens rights by hair splitting over the the name "rape crisis".

You will be popular here though, many misogynists will be looking for an angle to justify their hatred of women getting more equal treatment in society.

I don't hate women. I do however have a low opinion of victim's groups who discriminate on grounds of sex.

The advertising point is a fair one - to an extent.

But as with racism, you have to take the historical context into account. It's not that long ago that women were having to fight for the very basic equalities that we now take for granted.

We can't just forget that ever happened.

Giving your life for equality is a very profound thing to do

Complaining because there isn't a woman on a bank note(other than the Queen) is middle class shite, it shouldn't be considered anything else just because things used to be worse.

The advertising point is a fair one - to an extent.

But as with racism, you have to take the historical context into account. It's not that long ago that women were having to fight for the very basic equalities that we now take for granted.

We can't just forget that ever happened.

No we can't forget how bad things were, but nor can it be forgotten that the big battles have been won, they don't need to be re-fought all the time.

Giving your life for equality is a very profound thing to do

Complaining because there isn't a woman on a bank note(other than the Queen) is middle class shite, it shouldn't be considered anything else just because things used to be worse.

Were you one of the guys threatening to rape the woman who dared to suggest that important women in history should be given a smidgen more recognition?

No we can't forget how bad things were, but nor can it be forgotten that the big battles have been won, they don't need to be re-fought all the time.

I think there are still a few important battles that need to be fought in terms of feminism (especially in a global sense).

Culturally I'd like to say we're making some progress seeing as most dinosaurs such as Jim Davidson, Richard Keys and Roy Chubby Brown are getting told to GTF. But interestingly with rap music the likes of Drake emerging with his sensitive rap would have gotten laughed out of town not too long ago as well as a lot more strong women in Music ,TV and film.

But you don't have to look very hard to find stuff that portrays people in a certain way. Chris Brown gets to sing about Hoes not being Loyal, Magazines (Male and female) telling you that you like shit and you should look like X. There is the perception that if you aren't over 6ft and shredded you aren't particularly attractive.

I think there are still a few important battles that need to be fought in terms of feminism (especially in a global sense).

Of course, I was mainly referring to uk, I don't see many big battles that need fraught here, ending single gender clubs would be one of the biggest. It seems bonkers you can get away with denying somebody membership over gender.

Were you one of the guys threatening to rape the woman who dared to suggest that important women in history should be given a smidgen more recognition?

This is one of the worst replies I have seen on here, Honestly......not only you missing the point spectacularly, but then suggesting I threatened rape on someone is absolutely demented, you are a total clown

This is one of the worst replies I have seen on here, Honestly......not only you missing the point spectacularly, but then suggesting I threatened rape on someone is absolutely demented, you are a total clown

I could point you out 2 or 3 from this imbecile that are worse but your assertion that he's a clown is spot on. It's join the dot lunatic liberalism whereby your views are "extreme" because you don't agree with him and then he starts making f**king stupid insinuations. :lol:

Danger is priceless though. He's a moron and imagines that he's influential and intelligent :lol: :lol:

So that's pandarilla, Sloop John B, dorlomin and NotThePars identified as manginas.

To be fair, until recently I might have been inclined to side with their thoughts somewhat. Then the 10 Hours Walking in NYC video appeared and I forced myself to look into feminism, men's rights, equality and such at a broader and deeper level. What surprised the fcuk out of me is how bad men actually have it compared to how society as a whole is conditioned to think men have it (i.e. easy! privileged! etc etc); ramp that up when it's coming from your average feminist, and set it at Warp 9 when coming from your average feminazi. The flip side to this is how good women have it compared to what your average feminist, feminazi and mangina would have you believe.

The current wave of feminism is being severely outed by men and women. Much of the hysterical feminist media, tenuous arguments often descending into Poe's Law territory, severe cognitive dissonance and double standards will be looked back on with embarrassment by those actually striving for a better society.

Willing to bet that any opponents of feminism over the last few pages have chosen to ignore the vast amount of injustices suffered by women, highlighted the relatively fewer areas where men suffer and made out as if both deserve completely equal recognition?

Although the young male propensity towards mental health problems, addiction, suicide point mentioned is a good one. Perhaps young men should have a campaigning voice too.

Doesn't require people demanding better pay for women etc to stop doing what they're doing.

The people who actually are trying to challenge the problems that plague many young men are already campaigning alongside feminists (male or female). Anyone that brings up these issues as a counter argument to the overwhelming problem of sexual and domestic violence towards women is almost definitely doing nothing outside of shouting down women.

Willing to bet that any opponents of feminism over the last few pages have chosen to ignore the vast amount of injustices suffered by women, highlighted the relatively fewer areas where men suffer and made out as if both deserve completely equal recognition?

Be our guest, list them.

Of course, I was mainly referring to uk, I don't see many big battles that need fraught here, ending single gender clubs would be one of the biggest. It seems bonkers you can get away with denying somebody membership over gender.

I know; only last week I tried to join the Woman's Institute and Grace Belgravia and was told to bolt.

The people who actually are trying to challenge the problems that plague many young men are already campaigning alongside feminists (male or female). Anyone that brings up these issues as a counter argument to the overwhelming problem of sexual and domestic violence towards women is almost definitely doing nothing outside of shouting down women.

The point is sexual abuse, rape and domestic violence is not overwhelmingly aimed towards women. Up to forty percent of victims are male and they are denied help from services that sexually discriminate against them. Feminists have created the narrative that rape is solely a crime against women and that only men are abusive.

Archived