[*]If raising an issue for the first time is trolling, then every MP raising an issue for the first time is trolling.

?

:-D

Think about this statement for a wee second. Let it swirl around your mouth for a wee second before spitting it out.

Do the defenders of this absolute specimen of an mp have no shame? His track record is like a Harry Enfield stereotype of a Tory knob. Its Tim nice but dim. He's even been slapped down for trolling a committee before.

The anti-feminist brigade sure know how to back a winner.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:-D

Think about this statement for a wee second. Let it swirl around your mouth for a wee second before spitting it out.

Do the defenders of this absolute specimen of an mp have no shame? His track record is like a Harry Enfield stereotype of a Tory knob. Its Tim nice but dim. He's even been slapped down for trolling a committee before.

The anti-feminist brigade sure know how to back a winner.

You really are a simpleton

People are defending the fact that he raised these issues, against people like you who think it is all a trolling exercise, you are trying to claim that a sitting MP raising issues about important issues is a bad thing, then try to defend that position while devaluing the points raised, the "evidence" leveled is that he was trolling because he had never raised it before.

This is bollocks because that logic would mean that because you had never raised a topic before, you can't really mean it.

You either can't or wont understand this, because you seem to get yourself all confused on these threads quite a lot

A - Raises men's issues, raises issues about inequality

Feminists: Look at those misogynists! LOL man tears! Troll alert! Why do you hate women so much? Do you know how privileged you are? Typical right-winger! Small-dick basement-dwelling virgin! etc. etc. etc.

Every group has vocal, attention seeking twats that are more interested in self indulgent polarising of the debate rather than engaging and discussing.This does not invalidate the need for feminism.

Bit of clarity as several sexist, classist and party political posters seem unable to process a simple 10 minute video amid their deer-on-rollerskates-in-a-giant-tombola attempts to somewhat justify Jess Phillips' line and obscure the actual issues at hand.

• Davies brought up the issue of International Men's Day to the government, who directed him to the committee. He obliged. He followed procedure.
  • There was no obligation or expectation to raise any of the individual issues anywhere else in government beforehand. Indeed, Davies' explained that these issues are rarely given any opportunity for airing in the House.
  • If the issues he's raised can allegedly be raised any time without the courtesy of a special airing on International Men's Day, then the same goes for women's issues and International Women's Day, and the 12 other days of the years put aside for women's issues.
  • His proposal was not rejected out-of-hand, he was told by the lucid members of the committee to gather signatures from MPs of other parties and then come back for reconsideration.
  • If raising an issue for the first time is trolling, then every MP raising an issue for the first time is trolling.

Now, invergowrie_arab, the implication of what you are saying is that the proposal for a session on International Men's Day to equal that on International Women's Day cannot be brought forward by a seemingly well-off person, nor by a man. Since there isn't an MP in the house without privilege, most glaringly that of being in a position of power, how do you suggest the proposal could actually be raised? Would you be equally rattled if the proposal was brought forward by a woman? Say, an SNP women? Say, an SNP woman elected off the back of an all-woman shortlist?

Also bizarre how you and one or two others are spectacularly failing to grasp that the debate is for the men and boys of the country, not for Davies and thirteen other signatories. Is the debate on International Women's Day for them privileged women MP trolls, or for the women and girls of the country?

I have said on more than one occasion I think a debate on men's issues on international men's day is a great idea.

I also understand the reaction that his proposal got because he is a snidey c**t trying to make a cheap point as a GIRUY. Her reaction was what he wanted and unbecoming. I have criticised them both.

You misunderstand (deliberately, your not daft) the definition of privilege in this context.

When a man seeks to achieve "gender equality" by redressing a perceived injustice where women have something men don't he utterly fails to acknowledge his privilege.

A white millionaire Eton educated Tory could have suggested this idea utterly legitimately. To do it in a way that is about restoring gender equality rather than the idea on its own merits is an utter pisstake.

I'm sure the terrified of feminists lot on here are seriously nagged at home. Men who are worthy of the respect they deserve from women have no such problems.

They probably also have problems getting within 100 yards of a woman, be it through their own inadequacies, restraining order or otherwise.

Yes, women respect men for being feminists, they like when men consent to them having rights, makes them feel good that men endorse their right to equality.....

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/19/why-i-wont-date-another-male-feminist

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/08/can-men-be-feminists

I'm not an anti-feminist, I can just spot bullshite when I see it

I see that some burd got stoned to death in Afghanistan after being accused of adultery.

The feminists should be over there giving it big licks about woman's rights tbh. They won't because they are shite bags.

After that, while they are there they could show their equality colours by giving it big licks about the dancing boys of Afghanistan, the deliberate ignoring of boys being sexually abused by Western allied Afghani forces, and all males of fighting age being defined and counted as drone-worthy by the US.

I always thought the PC crap was reserved for the public sector but I've just learned my company has appointed a "Gender Champion". FFS

Don't be surprised, you have no idea how broadly the infestation of modern feminism and PC authoritarianism is spreading.

When a man seeks to achieve "gender equality" by redressing a perceived injustice where women have something men don't he utterly fails to acknowledge his privilege.

A white millionaire Eton educated Tory could have suggested this idea utterly legitimately. To do it in a way that is about restoring gender equality rather than the idea on its own merits is an utter pisstake.

Dear lord, you're further down the tumblr hole than I thought. Even Pandarilla's passing you by on his uncomfortable but steady journey up to the surface.

Why are you so rattled that someone would point out a (10 year old) point of discrimination against 35 million men and boys compared to 35 million women and girls, and ask for gender equality on that point? Is the term 'gender equality' only applicable when we're discussing points about women and girls?

Would it have been acceptable if a woman MP had brought forward the proposal rather than Davies, and used the exact same 'gender equality' aspect as part of her pitch? A large number of the leading voices speaking out for men's issues and against feminism are women for the very fact that very often when a man does the same he's ridiculed and crucified with the same stuff you and others (men here) are spouting.

Yes, women respect men for being feminists, they like when men consent to them having rights, makes them feel good that men endorse their right to equality.....

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/19/why-i-wont-date-another-male-feminist

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/08/can-men-be-feminists

I'm not an anti-feminist, I can just spot bullshite when I see it

Two points Diego:

Firstly, did you not read the first article? Did you just see the title? I suggest you dig a bit deeper as it's about men (often on dating sites) who pretend to be feminists to use as bait. Or men who have a feminist 'alter ego'.

Secondly, it's bullshit. I'm not even sure what bullshite is.

ooft,trying to make a grammar dig.....at least it's not throwing about false statements about rape allegations again but still a terrible,terrible post

You just going to ignore your massive error? That's a tad disappointing. Keep going back to me accusing you of rape, you've not used that for a while...

And the difference between bullshit and bullshite is not grammar.

When you criticise other people for terrible, terrible posts - who is that for? Are you trying to convince yourself?

You just going to ignore your massive error? That's a tad disappointing. Keep going back to me accusing you of rape, you've not used that for a while...

And the difference between bullshit and bullshite is not grammar.

When you criticise other people for terrible, terrible posts - who is that for? Are you trying to convince yourself?

Another terrible, terrible post.......and if you think suggesting false accusations of rape are trivial and can be thrown about liberally then you are even stupider than you have come across so far. That is a disgusting thing to do and now you are trying to make jokes about it...

I haven't made a massive error, unless you can't get your head around the crazy concept of the word bullshite, the joining the words bull and shite together.....but I think you get that really, you were just trying really hard to point score in the most tedious and childish way.

Another terrible, terrible post.......and if you think suggesting false accusations of rape are trivial and can be thrown about liberally then you are even stupider than you have come across so far. That is a disgusting thing to do and now you are trying to make jokes about it...

I haven't made a massive error, unless you can't get your head around the crazy concept of the word bullshite, the joining the words bull and shite together.....but I think you get that really, you were just trying really hard to point score in the most tedious and childish way.

He's clearly talking about the fact that you posted an article up without even reading it.

He's clearly talking about the fact that you posted an article up without even reading it.

I did read it, an article about men trying to be feminists or pretending to be feminists to try and attract/be more attractive to women and how women see through it......and an article about an example of male privilege is endorsing feminism proudly, like mens support validates the cause because it is a man saying it.

No mistake there on my part.

Archived