Sitting In Different Parts Of Stadium

DAFC

Have you sat/stood in all parts of your ground?

Was thinking this the other day, I think over the years I have done. Even been in the away end when we played Newcastle.

I wish my season ticket was valid for all areas, quite like the main stand. Thinking of moving there next year.

Have you sat/stood in all parts of your ground?

Was thinking this the other day, I think over the years I have done. Even been in the away end when we played Newcastle.

I wish my season ticket was valid for all areas, quite like the main stand. Thinking of moving there next year.

Yes, only place I haven't been is the random conservatory.

Only time I've got sunburn from East End was sitting in the 'away' end during reconstruction. I think we played Aberdeen and the new Norrie stand wasn't ready.

Started in the main stand as a kid, then as a teen I'd stand near the cage, then had season tickets for NW and Norrie. I'm a sweetie rustling Main-Stander these days.

As a kid in the 70s/80s I was in all parts of the ground. The lack of segregation meant standing behind whichever goal we were attacking or going into the cowshed when it was pouring. Sat in the stand for matches mainly against the OF and Hearts.

In the 90s I tended to stand behind Sinclair Street. For one friendly against Rangers the club swapped the home and away ends, so I had a rare chance of a seat in the WDE. Following this the club asked the fans to vote which end should be the home end, and 2/3 wanted the Sinclair Street end.

During the Save the Ton era, a large home turnout was expected for a charity buckets day, so we swapped for this one were drenched on the WDE as Ayr beat us 6-0.

In recent years the WDE has been used by home fans only for overspill, against Peterhead for the 3rd division title decider, and a top of the table clash against Gretna in the 2nd,

I now stand in the shed, between the front barrier and the seats. Anywhere else seems wrong, especially the stand if I'm in hospitality.

Been to all sides of our stadium, including the ground tier in the main stand, either side of the main stand, either side of the north stand and hospitality. Used to sit in the Norrie constantly up until 3 years ago where I've had a season ticket for the North West.

Our main stand is the only part of the stadium that looks old school and class. Shit to sit in imo.

Been in every stand. Had ST's in Norrie and North West, sat in Main Stand for minor cup ties and friendlies, away end for a random game when we beat Clydebank 6-0(?) Even sat in the lower portion of the Main Stand when we beat Dundee United on a Sunday night and there was a big crowd in. Pretty sure we got relegated and it was one of our only wins of the season.

I like EEP. It's about 4000 seats too big though.

Sat in the main stand many a times - Old man used to prefer it when he took me. Try and avoid it if I can these days. (Prawn Sandwich brigade, shite view, etc).

Sat in the Norrie for many a year, some great memories sat there. Not a fan of sitting behind the goals though.

Current seat of choice is the North West. Season ticket holder prebiouslyy, great for craig and atmosphere although there hasnt been much of that this season tbh.

Sat in the away end for a Scotland Under 21 game going on 15 years ago. Was strange.

Was in the North East, which is rarely open at East End even less so for home fans, for the 2011 title decider against Raith.

So aye, I've sat everywhere

Yup, every part of EEP. Sat in the away end while the Norrie was being built (first few home games of 1998/99) and, as I stood at the cage, sat in the North West when it became seated. Have been in the Main Stand countless times but have had my ST for the Norrie since it opened and happy with it. Good view. The atmosphere used to be good in there in the early all seated days, but like with most all-seated grounds, it's rather flat these days.

Every bit of Stark's, yes, including the bits now shut.

Think I'm right in saying I've been in, if not every section, then at least all four sides of East End, one way and another. And Dens and McDiarmid.

Archived