Ferguson

They're now apparently trying to clear out the media, threatening reporters with arrest if they don't leave and ordering the outside broadcast TV trucks out of the area.

Land of the free! :rolleyes:

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cop now saying the kid tried to grab his gun from him and shoot him. Combine this with the footage of him being aggressive and robbing the store and its hard to make a case for racism etc.

His own testimony says that he shouted "I'm going to shoot you" and went for his gun. Michael Brown then went for the gun after Wilson was pointing it at him, presumably thinking "are you f**k shooting me". There was a scuffle, then shots were fired - injuring Brown - then Brown allegedly attacked Wilson (although the pictures released showing the extensive injuries sustained by Wilson don't exactly look like the sort of injuries this frightening 300lb monster would inflict if he were punching you in the face), before running away. There and then: fine, shoot to kill, his life might well have been in danger.

Getting out of your car and then shooting him when several eyewitnesses disagree about what was actually happening (did he have his hands up? was he running towards the police officer in an aggressive manner?) is where the problem arises. Was he posing a threat when he was killed? And would Wilson have shot a white person in the same situation?

Got a link?

Just had a search and no luck, on a work computer though. I've been thinking maybe the video i saw was of a seperate incident but it was around the time of the Michael Brown incident. I remember seeing another video of a young black guy stealing a can of juice and waiting for the popo before running at them with a knife and getting shot, it was wherever i saw that if that rings a bell for anyone? My memory is terrible but i remember the video clear as day.

Stormzy, on 26 Nov 2014 - 12:46, said:

Just had a search and no luck, on a work computer though. I've been thinking maybe the video i saw was of a seperate incident but it was around the time of the Michael Brown incident. I remember seeing another video of a young black guy stealing a can of juice and waiting for the popo before running at them with a knife and getting shot, it was wherever i saw that if that rings a bell for anyone? My memory is terrible but i remember the video clear as day.

Separate incident VERY soon after if memory serves me right.

While I get the point about shooting someone in the leg instead, I imagine it must be very difficult if the adrenalin is pumping through your body and someone pulls a gun on you. You'd only have a split second to react and I think you'd likely just go for the largest area eg the torso.

Kill or be killed, I suppose. Obviously the wee laddie was never going to kill anyone let alone shoot an actual gun but how could you risk it at that moment?

No one wants to think rationally and directly to the incident. No surprise that Diane (useless) Abbott comes out and comments on something she knows f**k all about. Mind you that sets the tone for her speeches throughout her political career

You want me to read the link out to you ffs?

It was an airsoft gun. Who would have thought a boy would play with a toy gun, eh? Definitely deserved to be murdered imo.

If someone came towards me with a replica and started banishing it I'm sure I would fire the gun I had.

It's either me dead or the other guy,I'm sure I would make sure it was him.

HTH.

It wasn't stupid, unless of course you think it's better to kill someone rather than attempt to incapacitate or disable them first.

If I was in the police force and I was presented with the situation this copper had,I would shoot that person with no questions asked.It's him or me.

Separate incident VERY soon after if memory serves me right.

I know the juice one was definitely a seperate incident. Unsure if you're meaning the first or the juice one.

If i'm getting them confused then i'll retract my previous comment but at least in the video i saw the cop was in the right, not that that's relevant at all though :lol:

If someone came towards me with a replica and started banishing it I'm sure I would fire the gun I had.It's either me dead or the other guy,I'm sure I would make sure it was him.HTH.
If I was in the police force and I was presented with the situation this copper had,I would shoot that person with no questions asked.It's him or me.
Fascinating.

Shot unarmed chap six times. Not murder.

Anyone but a cop doing the shooting and that's 20+ in the slammer.

'Murica.

If the police think they are in danger and have to draw their weapon it would be better to shoot to disable one would think.

If you can point out which eyewitnesses were "gangbangers" that'd be great. Also, there were African-American eyewitnesses who did give evidence.

Brown allegedly tried to take the gun (or at least, tried to prevent himself getting shot form point blank range) but that was in a separate incident. The actual gunning down in the street occurred afterwards - and it's still disputed whether Brown was: (a) advancing towards the officer; (b) had his hands at his side or in the air; or ( c) actually threatened the police officer in a way that would legitimise shooting to kill.

People must have ALL the evidence before they can decide if the accused is guilty or not as I am sure all who have done jury duty will know.

Well, seeing as the 911 operator twice asked the caller whether the kid was black or white, it obviously is a race issue for them.

I doubt if the member of the public was a gun expert btw, probably just erring on the side of caution, unlike the coppers who seem to have slightly overreacted.

Black or White I'd say it narrows the field somewhat?

Archived