League Reconstruction

Fantastic stuff!

Ourselves, Dumbarton and St. Mirren should cobble together and get a new floating stadium built on the River Clyde.

It can then be towed up and down it every fortnight, docking wherever it allows this new super all-conquering team to be brought to the community.

Can't wait to see Barcelona's faces in the CL when they play a semi final leg under the Erskine Bridge or moored next to the Captayannis wreck.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a more serious note, it looks like Livi are in serious difficulty again, now seven points adrift at the foot of the Championship with a large bill to the tax man outstanding. They may not survive a third insolvency in ten years. Welcome Spartans?

On a more serious note, it looks like Livi are in serious difficulty again, now seven points adrift at the foot of the Championship with a large bill to the tax man outstanding. They may not survive a third insolvency in ten years. Welcome Spartans?

Brora Rangers and Edinburgh City might not be too pleased with that suggestion.

It would be a no from me, but by god, there's some precious souls on here.

Oh, there is Viking Ten turning something completely unrelated from Ayr, into a debate about Ayr. That obsession gets stronger by the day.

It was started by an Ayr fan, and his post was talking about a member of the Ayr fan base. It was entirely related.

But yeah the idea is an absolute shocker. Heads gone beckons.

It would be a no from me, but by god, there's some precious souls on here.

Oh, there is Viking Ten turning something completely unrelated from Ayr, into a debate about Ayr. That obsession gets stronger by the day.

If by the word "obsession" you really meant "mirth": absolutely.

I don't want to support central because the team would look like this

Gk:McDonald

Cb:Mackay

Cb:tiffoney the sex offender

Cb:Buchanan

Rm: wotherspoon

Cm:smith

Cm:taiwo

Cm:Alston

Lm:McFadden

St:white

Cf:Oliver

Manager:tommy wright

No it wouldn't. It would look like the St Johnstone team with maybe 1 or 2 Falkirk players.

It was started by an Ayr fan, and his post was talking about a member of the Ayr fan base. It was entirely related.

But yeah the idea is an absolute shocker. Heads gone beckons.

There's nothing in his post about Ayr, other than the part about Ayr and Killie forming an Ayrshire team. Who he supports isn't relevant to the proposal he's suggesting. You are rigs it's a terrible idea though.

The biggest problem in my opinion is boredom. Fans are fed up playing the same teams 4 times a year. I'd go for bigger leagues. Top league of 20, maybe even a 2nd league of 20 of its possible. Should also be a regional pyramid system allowing teams the chance to get promoted. Works in Italy so can't see why it wouldn't here. Tv rights are a problem too.

Just my opinion

There's nothing in his post about Ayr, other than the part about Ayr and Killie forming an Ayrshire team. Who he supports isn't relevant to the proposal he's suggesting. You are rigs it's a terrible idea though.

Sorry I wrote my post poorly. I meant an Ayr fan started the thread, and VT's post was about how another Ayr fan was wanting to change the league to make Ayr less of a joke. A terrible joke/dig though it is, I wouldn't say it's irrelevant to the opening post because technically that is what the OP was doing. Doesn't really matter anyway haha, just a petty point!

I actually think the structure of Scottish football is pretty good at the moment... 36 or 38 is a reasonable number of games and there are now play-offs throughout the leagues and a split in the Premiership to keep things interesting right up to the season's end. Pyramid system starts this season, encompassing all the Senior leagues worth talking of, and will hopefully expand in future. Crowds pretty decent. Young players coming through. National team picking-up. Performances in Europe are still an issue - but there have been recent improvements from the likes of Aberdeen and St Johnstone, and Celtic are looking good to progress to EL knock-out stage. Armageddon has failed to show.

Merging clubs will never work, by and large, as fans are attached to most clubs by history loyalty and tradition. If you formed 'Fife United' they would get terrible crowds, lots of fans would be lost to the game entirely and lots of others would follow their old clubs or phoenix sides. If you formed 'Dundee City' they would get poorer crowds than either of the current clubs get. It can only work in unusual circumstances, like in Inverness.

Neither would shutting clubs, or forcing them into non-league football, make much difference. Someone isn't going to stop supporting Stirling Albion, and start going to Falkirk, just because of their divisional statuses.

Archived