Your Club's U20 Manager

RussellAnderson, on 25 Nov 2014 - 17:08, said:

Some clubs may send two up..? The premier league clubs' scouting networks are enormous!

Even if they did, 'well over 100 scouts' is clearly nonsense.

Some clubs may send two up..? The premier league clubs' scouting networks are enormous!

Even if all English Premier League sides sent two scouts, that would still be an absolutely farcical figure to suggest.

During last season when Ryan Gauld was the hottest prospect in Scottish fitba', I'd be shocked if 100 scouts were up to see him, Armstrong, Robertson and Souttar combined.

How bored were you when you made this thread Ludo, mate?

Not very tbh. Interested in all things football. Not quite near as much as your HibeeJibee's or Skyline Drifter but always like finding stuff out I didn't know previously.

How long is Jeffries meant to be staying?

Contracted til end of the season, when he is expected to retire, of course he may be sacked before then unless that's us turned the corner in terms of results. My feeling is McCann is favourite, followed closely by potter to take the job, I'd be quite surprised if neither of them are our next manager.

Yup the train of thought is Potter/McCann will take over from JJ.

Potter is highly rated and deservedly so.

He coaches with the first team as well but watching him at 20s games, he is always talking them through with clear instructions and encouragement. Stephen Wright also deserves a lot of credit in reinvigorating our youth set-up but Potter has done brilliantly.

Ok, our financial meltdown forced it to an extent but a number of players have made the step-up from his side to the top team and done very well, while they are very competitive in the 20s league. A Youth Cup final and quarter final over the past two seasons isn't bad either.

Hearts tried to take him when their head of youth (Darren Murray?) went to join Pressley at Coventry. Thankfully for us, Potter turned them down.

Archived