Clyde v Queen's Park

an86

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredibly Hampden Diehard is relatively normal compared to Gulliver.

:o

Congratulations to Queen's on your victory, from what I've seen so far they don't have a great deal of quality besides Berry. What they do have, as I said, is a great work ethic, bags of resilience and good cohesion, which have all undoubtedly played a part in their successes so far. Rooney looked naive last season but he's matured a lot and caused us all sorts of problems going forward - a cracking athlete.

Scott Ferguson found himself isolated against the left back a couple of times - last season he would've had him on toast, but he did nothing of note again today. His confidence must be shot to pieces, because you don't lose that kind of ability over the summer.

Sloppy in defence and lacking a cutting edge in the opponent's third - never a successful formula. Apart from one or two moments O'Donnell was poor once more. Surely his days are numbered.

Another game, another new formation. Our starting eleven looked reasonably strong and giving McManus more of a free role is a good idea but we were up against a well drilled team who knew what they were doing, whereas we were adjusting to our umpteenth new system. He has to just decide on something and stick with it.

Conceding a goal from a corner will happen; it was a great delivery. The disappointing thing for me is that from all of the subsequent deliveries you have Smith/McGhee absolutely barreling into challenges to win the header so the intensity obviously wasn't there early on. Credit to Scott Ferguson for putting in the worst 45 minutes I've ever seen from a player; he was lucky he's our only wide player.

The second half saw a couple of wee tactical changes and we were a bit better and really should have levelled the game. That said, Martin had to make another save from a poorly directed point blank header. The second goal was laughable defending all round.

Gifting goals at one end, missing chances at the other. Not a good combination. The lack of pace in the team is a total pain. Main positive was another terrific performance from McGhee at right back.

QP; good team and their number 7 looked a decent player. I don't think they're as good as Arbroath or Albion though.

Thought we were by far the better sidein the first half, and a two goal lead would not have flattered us. Clyde 'keeper's top corner save from Millar's fee kick was as good as as I've seen at this level this season. Clyde then looked the better side (a few words of encouragement from Bazza and Fat Boab during the interval?), and I thought Queen's were going to be punished for previous failures to extend their lead but Clyde became equally guilty in front of goal, and our Arthur Montford inspred stramash let us off the hook. Still felt right up to the last five minutes that Clyde would pull one back and that we'd be left hanging on at the end, but then it turned out to be a non-event as the home side ran out of steam.

Clyde look lightweight down their spine, and that lack of dig could be their downfall in terms of making the play-offs if they don't sign a commanding centre-half and a midfield ball-winner during the window. Final word is about the referee whose performance today bordered on the bizarre as far as leniency is concerned. Passed up at least five opportunities to book players (on both sides) before finally flashing a yellow card when much worse had gone on before, and seemed content to let players sort out their own off the ball tiffs instead of stepping in to defuse the situations (he'd make an ideal ref for the Salute v ShawfieldAggro "Numpty Of The Year" title bout though). He also watched players advance an extra 10 yards at throw-ins, warn them not to go further instead of retreating, and then turned away to let them have another free five yard advantage...........but apart from that he was okay...........puzzling!

We won without playing particularly well today and were relatively comfortable in doing so. It wasn't a high quality game, but we could have been further ahead at the break. A Longworth goal from Rooney and two or three good saves from Alan Martin. One of the saves from the one of the freekicks was absolutely exceptional. It looked in all the way.

We looked a wee bit shaky before the second with the disallowed goal and one off the line, but we missed a great chance as well before sealing the deal. We looked the hungier side and I felt that we were comfortable for the majority of the game without doing anything particularly well. The work ethic and spirit of the team is first class, which Gus and his staff deserve enormous credit for. Delighted with another away win and hopeful that we can put a few more points on the board in the coming weeks if we continue to apply ourselves as we have been.

Apart fae 15/20 in second half we looked a shambles and QP deserved their win...

Odonnell is past it. We need two left sided players urgently and a fuckin voice in the team perhaps rumour o marko coming back wud deal wae that but might turn out to be another odonnell,Great player on his day which i think have passed but HE wasnt only passenger...

Scenes as the band of brothers are approached by Satan himself, John Alexander. #FishwifeConvention

Strange, I don't remember anyone getting called fishwives to their faces

FYI the chairman confirmed that the planned course of action regarding the name change was entirely in accordance with the required procedure. And that's what will be happening

Strange, I don't remember anyone getting called fishwives to their faces

FYI the chairman confirmed that the planned course of action regarding the name change was entirely in accordance with the required procedure. And that's what will be happening

I love it. The worst chairman in the history of Clyde, tells them to get it up them.

I have said it before, Clyde fans really do accept things far too easy. Cannot believe the easy ride Alexander and Kean have been given.

New to p b , don't see much of bully wee these days due to health but went along today , wish a had'nt did'nt like mr duffy , but his teams had spirit and a bit of fight , this side look like a bunch of boys scared to make a mistake , the manager out his depth no concistency with selection or formation , decent lads released and mediocre replacements

Archived