Clyde v Queen's Park

an86

Only just coming round after a day on the can, had been looking forward to seeing how the meet would pan out, and am not surprised Tito went wading in if thats what indeed happened. The only answer i imagine being given going along the lines of 'pay yer thirty quid and vote me off', as there is no way that a sudden surge of fucked off fans joining and demanding a revote as a condition of membership would satisfy the 330-odd conscripts delighted at his regime.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only just coming round after a day on the can, had been looking forward to seeing how the meet would pan out, and am not surprised Tito went wading in if thats what indeed happened. The only answer i imagine being given going along the lines of 'pay yer thirty quid and vote me off', as there is no way that a sudden surge of fucked off fans joining and demanding a revote as a condition of membership would satisfy the 330-odd conscripts delighted at his regime.

This is what I am struggling to understand is the people that are in the support that seem to be very unhappy with what is and has been happening around the club in the past few years and it also seems like most of the fans are not members.

If things are so bad and things need to change why has no-one done anything before now and became a member and tried to have the chairman removed if he is so bad and put themselves forward or someone else who they feel can do a better job. I think our current chairman may have his faults but until anyone else comes forward and gives a clear plan on what they can do better than we currently have it just seems like a lot of hot air being spouted as per usual.

This is what I am struggling to understand is the people that are in the support that seem to be very unhappy with what is and has been happening around the club in the past few years and it also seems like most of the fans are not members.

If things are so bad and things need to change why has no-one done anything before now and became a member and tried to have the chairman removed if he is so bad and put themselves forward or someone else who they feel can do a better job. I think our current chairman may have his faults but until anyone else comes forward and gives a clear plan on what they can do better than we currently have it just seems like a lot of hot air being spouted as per usual.

What I'm struggling to understand is why a simple concept seems so hard to grasp. The point being discussed, as was made crystal clear beforehand, related to arranging a new vote regarding the club having the option of changing its name as part of any future negotiations

The way the club is set up, for this or any other changes people may want, only members can do so. There's no getting round it. If people are talking about a change of board personnel, then that would require, as you're saying, planning to ensure that a replacement was willing to step in. The question of why this that or the other didn't happen previously is separate, but not relevant to the situation today

The chairman turned up & asked what was being discussed. He was told. He then began to describe the required straightforward procedure....which we already knew. He cited the previous official "backburner" statement in such a way that it probably took care of it anyway. He was advised it clearly didn't as it still provided a potential option, which he conceded. He also said if Clyde went to EK tomorrow he wouldn't change the name...but as it was the members who voted to allow that option he was "unable" to make a new official statement to that effect....!

He then asked if we thought a "reversal" of name change option would suddenly, magically make hundreds of fans re-appear. He was told no, that there were a number of concerns fans had, but for many at least knowing the club might still exist in the future may act as a first step for them at least being interested enough to look at anything else. Such is the level the Club's fallen to, not just on the park, its a salvage job, a long road, but a potential starting place

Whatever your pov, given the state of that club, what's clearly not going to work is suggest loads of people should join the CiC & when they've done so largely accept policies they view as failed

A new vote re the club's name won't in itself be the be all & end all, but its a start. Without it, you're guaranteed a continuation of what you have now...at best

Yet another match thread hijacked by Clyde melters. Seriously guys, have you not got enough threads going on this subject?

Anyhoos, the game. Terrific cross from Miller and attack by Rooney for an early goal and I though we were away to a 4 or 5 goal win. And it might have been except for some outstanding work by the Clyde goalie and a selection of goal opportunities that we decided to make wrong choices on. Fraser continues his enigmatic play; moments of great skill coupled with moments of basic mistakes. Great ball craft in the box left him with a clear shot at goal and yet he passes to a well marked Carter. And the dummy & shimmy double down the touchline was sublime only for him to make a cross that kept the ball boys busy.

Miller too wastes his talent by continually wanting to be in fights. Initially it was just oppos - fair enough - but then he started on refs and yesterday had a rutting with Woods in the first ten minutes of the game. Hopefully when Berry returns he'll be kept busy enough to focus on the ball and use the skills he was gifted with. The strike that was squeezing in at the top corner was perfection from that range and any keeper that can stop that deserves to be in a higher league.

The defence were mostly solid yesterday but did get rattled in that early second half spell. To be fair to Clyde, had the 'scorer' timed his run better and if it hadn't been for Rooney (again) clearing on the line it might have been a different result. That said, two of our top back four were missing yesterday but both substitutes covered well. Muir once again made a good contribution with superb handling and bossing the defenders. The final result was about right. We've came a long way but I'm sensing the rapid growth in quarter one is starting to flatten out. Berry, McGregor and Gibson back plus a bit more composure up front will make a difference again. Plus that baldy guy screaming from the touchline :)

MoTM: Wharton

Nice touch by Clyde playing the Scotsport theme just before kick-off. Fitting that the final goal was an epic stramash. RIP Arthur.

Yet another match thread hijacked by Clyde melters. Seriously guys, have you not got enough threads going on this subject?

Anyhoos, the game. Terrific cross from Miller and attack by Rooney for an early goal and I though we were away to a 4 or 5 goal win. And it might have been except for some outstanding work by the Clyde goalie and a selection of goal opportunities that we decided to make wrong choices on. Fraser continues his enigmatic play; moments of great skill coupled with moments of basic mistakes. Great ball craft in the box left him with a clear shot at goal and yet he passes to a well marked Carter. And the dummy & shimmy double down the touchline was sublime only for him to make a cross that kept the ball boys busy.

Miller too wastes his talent by continually wanting to be in fights. Initially it was just oppos - fair enough - but then he started on refs and yesterday had a rutting with Woods in the first ten minutes of the game. Hopefully when Berry returns he'll be kept busy enough to focus on the ball and use the skills he was gifted with. The strike that was squeezing in at the top corner was perfection from that range and any keeper that can stop that deserves to be in a higher league.

The defence were mostly solid yesterday but did get rattled in that early second half spell. To be fair to Clyde, had the 'scorer' timed his run better and if it hadn't been for Rooney (again) clearing on the line it might have been a different result. That said, two of our top back four were missing yesterday but both substitutes covered well. Muir once again made a good contribution with superb handling and bossing the defenders. The final result was about right. We've came a long way but I'm sensing the rapid growth in quarter one is starting to flatten out. Berry, McGregor and Gibson back plus a bit more composure up front will make a difference again. Plus that baldy guy screaming from the touchline :)

MoTM: Wharton

Nice touch by Clyde playing the Scotsport theme just before kick-off. Fitting that the final goal was an epic stramash. RIP Arthur.

I thought it was Fraser who had the bust-up with Woods - I counted and he was involved in four incidents of aggravation yesterday. I've seen him a couple of times now and he's a decent enough player but he really needs to cool it down. I watched him on his debut against Berwick Rangers in the Challenge Cup and he was sent off for two bookings - the first for dissent, the other for a dive.

Why was Gus McPherson sitting high up at the back of the stand? Was he suspended?

I was also looking forward to Clyde's impromptu agm at half-time but couldn't see anything going on around me.

Lets be honest. This is a kunt of a league in terms of Quality and quick look at the points gap between 4th and 10th wont change much between now n may i suspect..

Apart from arbroath not seen one team who would last in league above (Bit like last season play off teams and stirling albion confirming the judgement up till now) & could go as far back as Alloa winning league with runners up wae behind in ability that year aswell..

Previously mentioned we didnt deserve much from game apart from first 15/20mins o 2nd half and odd chance here n there at 0-2 for daly and murray but QP werent great on eye either but were well organised and drilled, Enough for this league but afraid not one above

It's the poor quality of the league that makes all this so frustrating. QP are apparently the second best team in the league, but looked very average yesterday. Thing is we were worse. But as we've said before, a decent run can see u move up pretty quickly.

The QP fan who said it could've bee 4 or 5 nil is talking nonsense. It could equally have been 4-3, despite being a rotten game.

It's the poor quality of the league that makes all this so frustrating. QP are apparently the second best team in the league, but looked very average yesterday. Thing is we were worse. But as we've said before, a decent run can see u move up pretty quickly.

The QP fan who said it could've bee 4 or 5 nil is talking nonsense. It could equally have been 4-3, despite being a rotten game.

Our problems were twofold. Firstly the constant sideways passing, which directly resulted in their second goal, and secondly, our lack of physicality.

It actually occurred to me yesterday thar I wasn't sure how much BF was to blame. Yes, the tippy tappy passing is something he's obviously trying to make work in spite of indications we can't do it. He should set the team out according to the players' strengths. But the daft mistakes aren't his fault, e.g. Daly messing up his touch. It also became apparent yesterday that absolutely nothing was going our way.

In short, I really don't know what the answer is. This season could still go either way, but if the unthinkable happens...that would be it for me, I'm no watching Clyde play at glorified training pitches every week.

Pretty much agree Stevie. It was what it was billed, a game between 2 sides in the lowest senior league

QP have changed their style. As expected under McPherson, not as good on the eye but more direct, organized & looked like they knew what they were about. And in the end, that was good enough

Clyde, true there was a short spell in 2nd half they should have scored, but they looked disorganized, lacked leadership, confidence, there was little in the way of a passing game or quality on the ball & didn't look like they were playing for the manager, or at least could understand whatever it was the manager was trying to get them to do. O'Donnell is supposed to be there as the lynchpin, but he's always needed certain types of players of a certain quality to make that work. As a result he ends up trying to do too much, out of position & his legs have gone

Can understand a lack of quality at this level, but not organization & the kind of players needed to compete. There was little yesterday that suggests Clyde will be anything other than bottom 3 unless the nature of the league comes to their rescue

A long 90 minutes & a hard watch, certainly for any neutrals there

Pretty much agree Stevie. It was what it was billed, a game between 2 sides in the lowest senior league

QP have changed their style. As expected under McPherson, not as good on the eye but more direct, organized & looked like they knew what they were about. And in the end, that was good enough

Clyde, true there was a short spell in 2nd half they should have scored, but they looked disorganized, lacked leadership, confidence, there was little in the way of a passing game or quality on the ball & didn't look like they were playing for the manager, or at least could understand whatever it was the manager was trying to get them to do. O'Donnell is supposed to be there as the lynchpin, but he's always needed certain types of players of a certain quality to make that work. As a result he ends up trying to do too much, out of position & his legs have gone

Can understand a lack of quality at this level, but not organization & the kind of players needed to compete. There was little yesterday that suggests Clyde will be anything other than bottom 3 unless the nature of the league comes to their rescue

A long 90 minutes & a hard watch, certainly for any neutrals there

you only have to watch the qp subs being put through their paces at half time then look at clyde subs carrying on qp much more professional. Anyhow back to the game why no sub for upfront when it's crying out too everyone in the ground bring on watt or an other could have picked one off three to come off when score is still 0-1.once again another "your aff at half time debacle" wi our centre half.the manager is losing respect all over the team by the way players who back him and are roasted every week dressing room must be reaching boiling point

The team is in a shambles!!! Manager changes personnel and formation every week, and we are only going in one direction under this guy and it is backwards. My two players' of the year last season, Ferguson and McQueen this season are rotten and the way the so called manager deals with players is nothing short of scandalous. He is in the paper constantly talking about rangers and it sickens me when I see it. Deal with the mess he has created at Clyde and forget rangers. We need to get rid of him but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

you only have to watch the qp subs being put through their paces at half time then look at clyde subs carrying on qp much more professional. Anyhow back to the game why no sub for upfront when it's crying out too everyone in the ground bring on watt or an other could have picked one off three to come off when score is still 0-1.once again another "your aff at half time debacle" wi our centre half.the manager is losing respect all over the team by the way players who back him and are roasted every week dressing room must be reaching boiling point

The overall impression is there's a number of players low on confidence not sure what they're supposed to be doing. Don't know if that's down to being out of position, regular change of starting line up, a couple more experienced heads in key positions or whatever. There's no real heart to the team

Likely an experienced coach or manager is needed to look at what's in the pool, decide on a system that would suit, and the best XI to carry it out. Its really difficult to see that improving any time soon

The fairly major difference being that our efforts were on target and were stopped by terrific saves, whereas Clyde looked like they couldn't hit a coo's erse with a banjo.

We 're not a great side, but Gus has a relatively balanced side and has them grafting hard. The likes of Miller and Berry are a wee cut above, the defence has stopped leaking goals and Rooney is causing loads of problems with his charging down the right. Pretty good season so far.

Interesting to see the putagypowanktabloidsideshow fans take their head out of the oven for long enough to decide that this is a shite league... Wonder when they'll realise that the table doesn't lie, and that they are relegation contenders in this 'shite' league.

"There was little yesterday that suggests Clyde will be anything other than bottom 3"

Starting to think this site should be re-named Blind & Illiterate

Interesting to see the putagypowanktabloidsideshow fans take their head out of the oven for long enough to decide that this is a shite league... Wonder when they'll realise that the table doesn't lie, and that they are relegation contenders in this 'shite' league.

Ooft great patter.

Archived