• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing the clubs would have made more of an issue out of this if there was one to be made.

How much did the previous years finalists receive if anyone has breakdown of that as comparison?

The clubs are making an issue of it as there is one to be made. The SFA are trying to fob them off but the clubs are jointly not giving up and are trying to get answers.

However the Scottish media aren't that interested in investigating the SFA subsidising the Old Firm whilst ripping off two non-OF finalists when there's major stories such as John Brown saying something about Rangers to cover instead so we hear next to nothing about the situation.

Are the clubs making an issue of it? The only reference I've seen to this story is this thread.

Could be that Thomson and Brown are reluctant to make public comment lest they fall foul of some archaic SFA regulation.

I can't imagine either chairman being happy with the situation.

Can I recommend you take a look at the article mentioned in the opening post of this thread. The article, from the Daily Record, is titled

"St Johnstone and Dundee United continue to chase SFA over Scottish Cup final gate receipts after each received less than 30 per cent in payment"

here's the rest of the article as well..

"ST JOHNSTONE will kick off their defence of the Scottish Cup on Saturday still locked in a battle with the SFA over last season’s final.

Saints and runners-up Dundee United have written jointly to chief exec Stewart Regan, with the Perth club in particular unhappy that the final distribution of cash took six months to complete.

Both sides are demanding an explanation for the fact each of them were left with less than 30 per cent of the take.

The fees included a whopping £267,000 payment to Celtic for hosting the match, based on a percentage of ticket sales.

That didn’t include £140,000 costs for policing and stewarding. And after the SFA took their cut the two sides each made just over £500,000.

Both clubs have had a response but neither are satisfied with the “It is what it is” nature of the reply and will pursue Regan further."

As mentioned a few posts ago, if the media choose not to cover this with much enthusiasm, then there's little the two clubs can do. But going by some of the text in the very short piece above, my guess would be that yes the clubs are making an issue out of it.

Can I recommend you take a look at the article mentioned in the opening post of this thread. The article, from the Daily Record, is titled

"St Johnstone and Dundee United continue to chase SFA over Scottish Cup final gate receipts after each received less than 30 per cent in payment"

here's the rest of the article as well..

"ST JOHNSTONE will kick off their defence of the Scottish Cup on Saturday still locked in a battle with the SFA over last season’s final.

Saints and runners-up Dundee United have written jointly to chief exec Stewart Regan, with the Perth club in particular unhappy that the final distribution of cash took six months to complete.

Both sides are demanding an explanation for the fact each of them were left with less than 30 per cent of the take.

The fees included a whopping £267,000 payment to Celtic for hosting the match, based on a percentage of ticket sales.

That didn’t include £140,000 costs for policing and stewarding. And after the SFA took their cut the two sides each made just over £500,000.

Both clubs have had a response but neither are satisfied with the “It is what it is” nature of the reply and will pursue Regan further."

As mentioned a few posts ago, if the media choose not to cover this with much enthusiasm, then there's little the two clubs can do. But going by some of the text in the very short piece above, my guess would be that yes the clubs are making an issue out of it.

You may recommend it if you like but if your only source is the Daily Record then I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Any mention in that awful rag as to how much the SFA usually pay themselves for the use of Hampden? Rather difficult to argue that Celtic have been paid an inordinate fee without knowing what the going rate is.

You may recommend it if you like but if your only source is the Daily Record then I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Any mention in that awful rag as to how much the SFA usually pay themselves for the use of Hampden? Rather difficult to argue that Celtic have been paid an inordinate fee without knowing what the going rate is.

I'm sure someone has said that the sfa have a 20 year lease on the stadium, so I take it this is paid for already.

Are you being obtuse or do you genuinely think that the SFA don't benefit financially from Hampden being used for cup finals?

Think I read your post from a different angle thought you were asking how much the sfa paid queens park to use Hampden for the final

The clubs are making an issue of it as there is one to be made. The SFA are trying to fob them off but the clubs are jointly not giving up and are trying to get answers.

However the Scottish media aren't that interested in investigating the SFA subsidising the Old Firm whilst ripping off two non-OF finalists when there's major stories such as John Brown saying something about Rangers to cover instead so we hear next to nothing about the situation.

You keep the fight going brother and while you are at it try and get Regan and Doncaster out of office.

That would be grand.

Archived