The club that vanished- The story of Gretna

I thought the mouthy thirty who came causing it at Broadwood, with Crooks kidding on he couldnt hear they're chants. Wasnt that when he sent Irons over with a pitchfork to calm c***s down before the replay!! At least our suits are honest enough to admit our vocals embarrass them.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind when they got supine media whore Gordon "fat &^*t" Waddell in the Sunday Mail to print a story about how shocking* it was that one of their players had been racially abused at every ground in the league (2nd or 3rd division).

Then the internet pointed out that the player in question had only actually played at something like 3 of the grounds and thus saying everyone in the league was racist was clearly wrong and the fat git shat it and wouldnt print a retraction or explain why he hadnt done any work in checking the story.

* - I believe the player in question was abused at one ground in Fife.

I was at the Broadwood tie (same day as Hibs gubbed Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox if I remember correctly) on some work experience reporting on the game. Clyde were really unfortunate that day; they were the better side and recall that they were denied a clear penalty.

Nah... It was definitely a pen.

Anyone else remember the programme on Sky 1 years ago about football away days? One of the more bizarre features was on 2 Gretna fans who travelled in Mileson’s private car to a midweek game at Firs Park ( I think there was around 5 away fans in total present at Shire) They came across as a pair of arrogant auld p***ks to be honest.

A lot of their support that drank in our social club before Hampden games were fat balding middle aged men from Carlisle

Anyone else remember the programme on Sky 1 years ago about football away days? One of the more bizarre features was on 2 Gretna fans who travelled in Mileson’s private car to a midweek game at Firs Park ( I think there was around 5 away fans in total present at Shire) They came across as a pair of arrogant auld p***ks to be honest.

A lot of their support that drank in our social club before Hampden games were fat balding middle aged men from Carlisle

I seem to remember them calling Firs Park a "Shithole" in that.

The terrace across the pitch at Raydale was a death trap. The "roof" seemed to be made of tin and there was holes all the way through it.

I seem to remember them calling Firs Park a "Shithole" in that.

The terrace across the pitch at Raydale was a death trap. The "roof" seemed to be made of tin and there was holes all the way through it.

Spot on.

When we were down there for the cup game this season there wasn't much of the "roof" left at all

Spot on.

When we were down there for the cup game this season there wasn't much of the "roof" left at all

Plus they now have the away dugout actually on the terracing, so punters can wander back and forth through the away side's subs and coaches. Didn't go down well.

Will never forget the day they beat us 5-0 at Cliftonhill - last game of the season they were promoted. They must have had about 600 "fans" there - prob more than the population of Gretna. I think they needed 6 to break some kind of record and we celebrated with relish at the end of the game when the failed to get the final goal required despite throwing everything at us.

Mind when they got supine media whore Gordon "fat &^*t" Waddell in the Sunday Mail to print a story about how shocking* it was that one of their players had been racially abused at every ground in the league (2nd or 3rd division).

Then the internet pointed out that the player in question had only actually played at something like 3 of the grounds and thus saying everyone in the league was racist was clearly wrong and the fat git shat it and wouldnt print a retraction or explain why he hadnt done any work in checking the story.

* - I believe the player in question was abused at one ground in Fife.

Gary Cohen

What a cheat he was

Archived