The club that vanished- The story of Gretna

I believe that'd be Inverness CT 1-1 Motherwell in October '04, with 1,117 (at Pittodrie).

Thanks.

One of my only memories of us vs Gretna was me and my dad getting set to go to the game only to find out half an hour before kick off that it was away.

Did Mileson actually have any money? Debts of over 8 million when he died.

Seems a bit like he was just a jakey living a Walter Mitty lifestyle.

£3million due to local businesses as well when the club folded, that must've ruined a few places in Gretna also

Tuned in thinking it was about the Rangers

Grady's last minute goal relegated us, the most gutted I have ever been at football. I was also sorry for St Johnstone who I felt deserved to go up that year.

That's a common misconception. Even if Grady didn't score, County were still relegated.

Even a County win wouldn't have saved us unless it was by two more goals than what Airdrie won by.

It was just a glorified puff piece. No digging ever on the agenda.

Did the true story of Alexander's departure ever come out? I remember reading rumours of booze or depression but nothing definite.

With the Sky/Jeff Stelling 'link' to the club it was never going to be anything else. Not sure what that sort of show would achieve mind you. Man sells businesses, man buys football club. Man borrows horrendously to fund this football club and his lavish lifestyle. Man dies. Family pull the plug. Everyone a loser. Not much more too it.

Sure, it might appease the odd business owner who will rightly be still pissed about being owed money, but is unlikely to uncover any new 'important' facts in the case. Seems that plenty of fans are still seething over defeats to a diddy wee village team and want blood still, even with the corpse rotting ages ago.

I was at the 2006 Scottish Cup Final in their end as I was given a couple of free tickets. Their fans were all Geordies for some reason! :lol:

Decent enough bunch though, I never had anything against them.

Apart from them humping us 6-0 down there in the old 1st division I didn't really mind them either.

Still convinced Main let in an easy winner for us against them in a 2-1 win at mcdiarmid.

Never liked the b*****ds. Long been convinced that Geoff brown had a mileson voodoo doll that finally killed him off.

Alan Main letting in goals to help one of his former clubs? Never!

I've had the 'pleasure' of watching Thistle against Celtic teams containing Larrson, Sutton, Di Cannio etc and Rangers sides with Laudrup, Gascoigne and Ronald De Boer, yet none of those sides embarrassed and owned us anywhere near as much as Gretna.

f**k them.