The club that vanished- The story of Gretna

I must admit, it always pissed me off how their rise was somehow "a fairytale","punching above their weight" and "astonishing rise". When the reality was much more obvious and sinister.

Bodge wasn't happy at the time either.

MILESON YA BEARDY MILLIONAIRE....BASTURT!

Collective meltdown in the Perth area,

They played a heavy part in the most enjoyable season I've ever been involved in as a Saints fan, I find it hard to really hate them due to that. Although its more pain than hate anyway.

Don't have Sky so didn't watch the documentary, but was the infamous "Eco-Stadium" mentioned :lol:?

At the end of the day, Gretna FC were a long-standing club which moved from the English non-leagues into the SFL and got along fine until Mileson came along. They then had a meteoric rise, peaking with the cup final, SPL and UEFA Cup appearances, before their rapid collapse.

However... their fans then did things the "right" way, by forming a new club. No 'NewCo' or phoenix for them.

Since then they've won cups and promotion, reached Lowland League, joined the SFA, entered the Scottish Cup, and the community's bought Raydale.

Gretna FC's rise and demise made a lot of enemies, but perhaps Gretna 2008's more sustainable ascent can make some friends.