For Clyde fans - next week's game v QP

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suppose it'll be a hard one for you lads on Saturday; on the one hand, hoping that your team are beating us, but on the other hand, maybe a roasting from us will have more disgruntled Bully Wees beating a path to the half time meeting. We're happy to give you a right royal pumping if it helps the cause.

I'm dinghying the game. It's a day short of a year since I got engaged, and as I'm off to Denmark for work the next day on the anniversary, I've promised her a day out. Safe to say I'll probably have a wee bit more fun than being at that cold Shitehole watching us take a dooing...

Quite keen to hear the result of this meeting. If an EGM is to be called, I'll join the CIC to get involved so I can play my part to get this fuckin stupid vote that I was vocally against reversed.

In case anyone missed it, this guy has a job with european travel and a girlfriend/fiancee. Not the first time we've had a full explanation about why he's missing his team's game - I think we should all do this, its important we all know full details.

A**e

In case anyone missed it, this guy has a job with european travel and a girlfriend/fiancee. Not the first time we've had a full explanation about why he's missing his team's game - I think we should all do this, its important we all know full details.

A**e

Is that his chick in his avatar? She looks awrite

A**e

What an arse!

A**e

You don't sound jealous or nothing...

What's the problem? You just upset that you'll be spending your Saturday freezing cold watching Clyde get humped then wanking into a sock afterwards before starting yer nightshift at a factory?

A**e

Not to mention his ex-girlfiend and kid. He has a packed programme.

I'm terribly glad a dodgy king rib supper (it would fucking be, wouldn't it) confined me to shiteing through the eye of a needle all day yesterday, as not only did the game sound pish, but alas there remains little light shed upon what anyone was actually trying to achieve. Not only within ten minutes, but why the necessity to look for common ground on gaining support and feedback on, i can only presume, opposing the proposed name change. The lack of movement from Cic owners fundamentally shows that either the majority who voted remain content with their decision and believe the board and chairman can and will deliver, or, worse, there's next to bugger all left to fight for, that its just a subject in passing conversation these days. The Clyde fans i remember might not have been able to agree in the colour of shite, but rarely was a matter met with shrugged shoulders and helpless dependancy on well-meaning buffoons who's only problem is apparently an assembly of three or more persons at a football match. He hopes 'your' team do well, by the way.

Lol, ok

What seems clear from the past week is no matter how simple a concept, or how many times it's explained, people either can't understand it, or if it sounds like something they're against, choose not to. This would point to one of several reasons many others decide not to join the CiC.

What was apparant from looking around the stand yesterday is that all that's left is a shell of a club after years of 'strategies' which have either alienated fans or left them completely disillusioned

The case put forward being that if people feel that way, why don't they try to do something about it. So when they do, they're then met with a response that suggests they shouldn't. It's hilarious

It was meant to be an attempt to do something positive, but from the outset was put forward merely as a suggestion. If its causing people sleepless nights, migraines, general mass confusion & anguish, then clearly it defeats the purpose & should go no further. Instead, it should all be left in the hands of those as is & they can continue to do whatever it is they do

Lol, ok

What seems clear from the past week is no matter how simple a concept, or how many times it's explained, people either can't understand it, or if it sounds like something they're against, choose not to. This would point to one of several reasons many others decide not to join the CiC.

What was apparant from looking around the stand yesterday is that all that's left is a shell of a club after years of 'strategies' which have either alienated fans or left them completely disillusioned

The case put forward being that if people feel that way, why don't they try to do something about it. So when they do, they're then met with a response that suggests they shouldn't. It's hilarious

It was meant to be an attempt to do something positive, but from the outset was put forward merely as a suggestion. If its causing people sleepless nights, migraines, general mass confusion & anguish, then clearly it defeats the purpose & should go no further. Instead, it should all be left in the hands of those as is & they can continue to do whatever it is they do

So that's you chucking it already by the sounds of it?

I can only speak for myself, but i'd think by my choice of wording you'd guess i understand perfectly. And happen to agree on 99% of what you are saying on the subject. The 1% is why a ten minute chat at half time about a subject which, when our particular group travels in numbers of more than six (once 60.....), raises everything from eyebrows to heartrates. We appear in the minority (as ever). You've said yourself, change will only come from within, yet joining the CIC as a suggested means is not something that seems to be an option. Its no more an option for me now than its ever been really, and im not and never have been a member, primarily because at no stage have i seen or heard the blueprint for the club which i want to be held responsible for supporting. Others are in a similar boat, others point blank refuse to part with cash just to have first dibs on the breaking news that it'll be KitKats instead of Blue Ribands at the next AGM, with even many more believing that this 'exclusivity', which i believe started with the Club website in 2002, allows a significantly sizeable, silent and faceless majority to do little more than toe the Club line. The vibe i feel from fans on here isn't that all is well, but who or what do we have which can be presented as a unifying positive alternative we can back??

Lol, ok

I didn't go yesterday but I'd still be interested to know the outcome and I may be willing to join the CIC in order that my vote is counted in future. What I would like to know beforehand is how many members are required to back a motion so a vote takes place, and what are the % of votes needed to win any vote. I can't see this information anywhere but presumably some people know.

Depending on how high this threshold is we could be throwing money away by joining, The sad truth is that 257 of 306 members voted to change the name. We can't overcome that majority with new owners. And if these 257 owners realise they made a mistake then it is already within their power to try to undo the damage they did.

Archived