For Clyde fans - next week's game v QP

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr happy clapper found.

Good work guys.

Lay in to the manager. Keep away from the Chairman and board.

The problems at Clyde sit with the chairman, a chairman who rules by dictatorship in the boardroom and has surrounded himself by his own band of happy clappers. Hardly surprising he has looked for someone who will manage the same way.

One thing I never thought I would say about Clyde fans is that they lack heart, but years of being told its this board or no club has seen you bottle it. The fans have no fight to changes things, the board will stumble from one disaster to another, all the time telling you that you should be grateful they are doing the job.

Get Alexander out.

That was my rant about Alexander. If you think that is rant you should have been there when I bumped into him earlier this year.

I see nothing that I typed that will not be agreed with by a large number (or what is now left) of fans. Sadly the club is dying season by season. Sit there with your fingers in your ears and in a few years there will be a couple of hundred left. If you cant see that you must be blind and deaf.

Says the guy who celebrated the death of a former chairman.

Heres an idea: What about actually inviting the chairman to attend your informal meeting or requesting a meeting at an agreed time in the near future?

Assuming he will be at the ground, then it shouldn't be too hard for BrigtonClyde or A. N. Other to compile a list of questions from the "choir section" and to put them directly to the chairman. This will allow you to then decide how to proceed based on the factual information received and hold him to account.

I understand the thirst for blood (especially from clyde66 who is clearly a spurned lover) but sometimes that is not always the way to proceed. The chairman is elected by the other board members so if they thought one of them could do a better job then he wouldn't be there at the moment. If the chairman or other board members stand down then their specific jobs have to be replaced. It would be far more useful to make specific demands of the board and judge them on their actions, if they fail to deliver then hold them accountable but also giving you time to seek out replacements. Like it or not, a club needs a board to function so "sacking the board" without willing and able replacements would be counter productive and probably much more damaging. Sometimes its easier to change the way of the people working for you rather than finding brand new people.

Heres an idea: What about actually inviting the chairman to attend your informal meeting or requesting a meeting at an agreed time in the near future?

Assuming he will be at the ground, then it shouldn't be too hard for BrigtonClyde or A. N. Other to compile a list of questions from the "choir section" and to put them directly to the chairman. This will allow you to then decide how to proceed based on the factual information received and hold him to account.

We already have the option to do that by joining the CIC at a pitiful £30 per year. Can only agree with LiviClyde and the_bully_wee on this one; if you're not happy at the running of the club then stump up the membership fee and make your voice heard. However good the intentions of this 'informal meeting' may be, I'd be surprised if it didn't divide the fans further which is hardly ideal considering how little people actually bother their arse with Clyde these days.

the simple truth is that out of such a small support only a few are able or willing 2 do the job alexander does, i cant stand the cnut with a passion n god knows i would love 2 see the back o him, but is there anyone among the support willing 2 take his place? is there anyone on the current board we would trust/want 2 take his place?

i for 1 will look forward 2 the informal meeting on saturday

sorry 2 steal this but HOPE over FEAR

Were a few phone calls last night among those behind the idea. Bit of head scratching as to why a quick 10 minute meet to propose an idea for people's thoughts has led to many of the posts on this thread, but OK folks

Its been decided that to try & help clarify & put into context what this is about, it might be helpful to advise that the principle issue relates to the proposed name change.

There are hundreds of Clyde fans who no longer attend matches. True to say that's for a number of reasons as to how the club is being run, no evident positive direction, current standard of football, and for many of them the straw that broke the camel's back was the proposed change of the Club's name as a bargaining chip in any negotiations. In other words, on top of everything else, now this.

Fat Sally - fair points made & to address the first one. Both in public meetings and via official correspondence to CiC members, the chairman has made it clear that this is an issue he's not willing to discuss further, citing the vote in April last year as being sufficient and the end of the matter. A statement was made recently which stated the obvious, while the move to Langlands remains on the backburner so too does any associated name change. A week later he was in the press saying that while they have to be looking at various options, East Kilbride, and specifically Langlands remains his first choice & "thinks it will still happen". Situation at Langlands is simple. SLC want £X, EKCT have offered £Y So that may or may not be resolved. So in reality, nothing has changed in relation to the official position and ultimate intention

It's been, unintentionally, the most divisive issue to affect the club in recent memory. While a forum or any online platform is only a snapshot of opinion, it's been noted over the past year that more & more fans have called on this decision to be reversed in an attempt to at least unite the fans on that point, and try to gradually rebuild the club over time addressing other issues as & when. Opinions of those who no longer attend matches, do not post on websites and are not CiC members have also been taken on board. For many, it's seen as trying to save the club.

The point of the meeting was simply to explain how a new vote could be arranged via official channels which would involve becoming a member of the CiC That's irrespective of the chairman's point of view. It's simple, that's why it would only take 5 - 10 minutes. SLW called it right, you need a plan, so it was simply to propose what that plan would be. It's not to argue the points for or against the name change, that's been done to death. Everyone would have the chance to voice their opinion on that via a new vote

That is the reason why it was felt that addressing this specific issue might be a first step in the right direction. Of course those who still feel the name change is in order won't be particularly keen on the idea of a new vote, but as said, you will have the chance to re-affirm that view in a new vote. It's more for those who may be of a mind to "reverse" the current position. However, if from that group of supporters, you still feel this isnt the right way to go about it, that's fine, the meeting will be called off - it was simply to relay how this could be done, the mechanics of it, in an organized way.

It's up to you

Were a few phone calls last night among those behind the idea. Bit of head scratching as to why a quick 10 minute meet to propose an idea for people's thoughts has led to many of the posts on this thread, but OK folks

Its been decided that to try & help clarify & put into context what this is about, it might be helpful to advise that the principle issue relates to the proposed name change.

There are hundreds of Clyde fans who no longer attend matches. True to say that's for a number of reasons as to how the club is being run, no evident positive direction, current standard of football, and for many of them the straw that broke the camel's back was the proposed change of the Club's name as a bargaining chip in any negotiations. In other words, on top of everything else, now this.

Fat Sally - fair points made & to address the first one. Both in public meetings and via official correspondence to CiC members, the chairman has made it clear that this is an issue he's not willing to discuss further, citing the vote in April last year as being sufficient and the end of the matter. A statement was made recently which stated the obvious, while the move to Langlands remains on the backburner so too does any associated name change. A week later he was in the press saying that while they have to be looking at various options, East Kilbride, and specifically Langlands remains his first choice & "thinks it will still happen". Situation at Langlands is simple. SLC want £X, EKCT have offered £Y So that may or may not be resolved. So in reality, nothing has changed in relation to the official position and ultimate intention

It's been, unintentionally, the most divisive issue to affect the club in recent memory. While a forum or any online platform is only a snapshot of opinion, it's been noted over the past year that more & more fans have called on this decision to be reversed in an attempt to at least unite the fans on that point, and try to gradually rebuild the club over time addressing other issues as & when. Opinions of those who no longer attend matches, do not post on websites and are not CiC members have also been taken on board. For many, it's seen as trying to save the club.

The point of the meeting was simply to explain how a new vote could be arranged via official channels which would involve becoming a member of the CiC That's irrespective of the chairman's point of view. It's simple, that's why it would only take 5 - 10 minutes. SLW called it right, you need a plan, so it was simply to propose what that plan would be. It's not to argue the points for or against the name change, that's been done to death. Everyone would have the chance to voice their opinion on that via a new vote

That is the reason why it was felt that addressing this specific issue might be a first step in the right direction. Of course those who still feel the name change is in order won't be particularly keen on the idea of a new vote, but as said, you will have the chance to re-affirm that view in a new vote. It's more for those who may be of a mind to "reverse" the current position. However, if from that group of supporters, you still feel this isnt the right way to go about it, that's fine, the meeting will be called off - it was simply to relay how this could be done, the mechanics of it, in an organized way.

It's up to you

We may be agreeing here without me realising it. I think the meeting/discussion should go ahead. The key is to know what you are going to talk about ( One agenda item if you only have 10 mins) and what you are asking people to agree to or voice an opinion on.

From the above it sounds like a route to requesting some sort of EGM or similar to put forward the case for another vote on the name change. If it is as simple as that, then it won't take long to get a Yes (I hate that word now) and your next discussion is the process route to be taken. For example you could attend the AGM and raise questions. You could all join the CIC and request and EGM (IF YOU WERE ALL ALREADY IN IT THIS COULD DEALT WITH MUCH QUICKER AT THE AGM, BUT YOU ARE NOT). You need to read the articles etc from the CIC and read the rules on calling meetings. You then need to have all your questions, club's likely responses and your reactions well thought out.

And so on...........

I can see the life draining out of some already at the thought of all this.

Anyway as some one who no longer attends and withdrew all financial assistance I feel I should step back from this and allow true supporters to find a way forward.

Before cheekily playing devils advocate, I would add that any discussion and possible swelling of membership numbers is healthy as long as there's a positive unified goal at the end of it, also more owners would have a say in running of the club.

Now here comes my cheek! If the most divisive topic of discussions is name change, then why was this type of thing not organised at time of proposed name change? Furthermore if it's the main topic of discussion now, I don't think you need to worry, as even at its current number of members Im pretty sure a name change would not be voted through.

There also seems to be a general feeling that the appointment of the manager is a topic that should see a change of chairman. I'm pretty sure that there's no formula in guaranteeing success from any appointment, and to me that would be a fairly weak argument, given how far into season we are, and where we sit in table, even if by some it's viewed as luck. By all means it's a question that can be raised as long as the ears are open if/when a reply is forthcoming.

As I say, discussion should be positive as long as their is accepted responsibility to listen as well as requesting to be heard.

We may be agreeing here without me realising it. I think the meeting/discussion should go ahead. The key is to know what you are going to talk about ( One agenda item if you only have 10 mins) and what you are asking people to agree to or voice an opinion on.

From the above it sounds like a route to requesting some sort of EGM or similar to put forward the case for another vote on the name change. If it is as simple as that, then it won't take long to get a Yes (I hate that word now) and your next discussion is the process route to be taken. For example you could attend the AGM and raise questions. You could all join the CIC and request and EGM (IF YOU WERE ALL ALREADY IN IT THIS COULD DEALT WITH MUCH QUICKER AT THE AGM, BUT YOU ARE NOT). You need to read the articles etc from the CIC and read the rules on calling meetings. You then need to have all your questions, club's likely responses and your reactions well thought out.

There you go, and it's a relatively straightforward process. it was simply to explain what it is so everyone knows what's planned at the same time, and the basic steps involved.

If what you're saying is correct C4L, then perhaps that's why a specific subject is being tackled at this stage, to find where there may be common ground. But of course there's only one way to find out

At some point, after the word c**ts has been exhausted, someone will have to volunteer to step up......................lots of coughs, looking at their feet & rushing to the toilet.

Only kidding - this is a serious subject because it's a serious situation. Having said that I read a post on facebook last night from someone who travels on the Team bus, and I am much more optimistic now.

Captain Ferguson, shall I line up these deckchairs again?

At some point, after the word c**ts has been exhausted, someone will have to volunteer to step up......................lots of coughs, looking at their feet & rushing to the toilet.

Only kidding - this is a serious subject because it's a serious situation. Having said that I read a post on facebook last night from someone who travels on the Team bus, and I am much more optimistic now.

Captain Ferguson, shall I line up these deckchairs again?

What was the person that was on the bus saying if you are able to say??

Archived