For Clyde fans - next week's game v QP

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's my concern. What if those who want the Chairman out actually succeed?Do we have any idea who would take over?Crucial point this. People have to have the right and means to criticise, and frankly this past 5 years or so has given plenty ammunition.However, the club will take the stance that by offering ownership to all fans it as gone further than most to provide the platform for dialogue. If fans choose not to take ownership then they diminish their chances of being heard.I see very little chance of anyone in an official capacity taking much notice of anything coming from the choir section. This is especially true after the Broadwood 10 incident and the walkout a few seasons back.Further problems to overcome are apathy & the biggest of all - what is Plan B?Who would step into the breach & what plans would they have? What skills do they bring?I suspect no plan and few skills and even fewer volunteers. The club know this and so it is doomed to failure.Still k- that is no reason not to talk....

Nods head. Every point correct SLW. But the ownership/voice heard issues are a bigger divisive issue than most seem to think. Its not something thats going to make attracting or keeping new fans any easier....not that im sugggesting every board should back down to every baying mob pissed off at the team being bollocks, but the non owners remain a fairly core group of supporters (customers?) who exceed the £30 fee (which can be paid by anyone) by attending three games a season. Has the CIC, as a concept been a success??? If its been judged on where it leaves the club going forward, after the recent troubles, the answer is a resounding Absolutely Not. To be fair, i think we have been extremely patient for the last four years, a lot more than i thought possible, but if a Plan B was in place and the club had something to look forward to, (which being Debt-Free was) then a lot more slack would have been cut with regard to the managerial appointment and subsequent debacle. Its a shite state of affairs to be in, and yes it can get worse.....but if it lead to a change in the direction and attitude of the club then it could only be seen as a fresh start.

Im not overly familiar with the qualities the current board members bring 2 the table, but are they all puppets? is there one among them that could unite the support? one that would bin ferguson and let us start afresh next season.

i know its not even christmas yet, but i reckon this season is already a write off, would love 2 be proved wrong, but i think as the weeks go by we will be slipping lower and lower down the league, god help us if elgin get there finger out

AGM should be interesting

Just like Accies little over a decade ago.

Chairman seen as above the club. Fans divided. Who else would do it. We are doomed without him. Like our former chairman, your chairman is killing the club bit by bit. Fans leaving, no investment, apathy.

To an outsider you had a man at the club, but your current Chairman forced him out. Its his way or no way.

The club needs a change from the top down, keep going the way you are and there will not be a Bully Wee in another 10 years. The current leadership is killing your club, you need to change it.

Just like Accies little over a decade ago.

Chairman seen as above the club. Fans divided. Who else would do it. We are doomed without him. Like our former chairman, your chairman is killing the club bit by bit. Fans leaving, no investment, apathy.

To an outsider you had a man at the club, but your current Chairman forced him out. Its his way or no way.

The club needs a change from the top down, keep going the way you are and there will not be a Bully Wee in another 10 years. The current leadership is killing your club, you need to change it.

Thanks for the obvious

To clarify some points for you

It's simply that a number of supporters have been discussing Clyde's general situation. In the same way many have on here for a long time. Many different issues arose. So it was decided to look at any area where there appeared to be a growing consensus of opinion in an attempt to do something positive.

You'll note that the original post said "some concerns" & "provide information and suggest options" It's not a question of telling you what you must do, and it's not addressing every single topic for debate

LiviClyde, one of the suggestions would involve joining the CIC if that helps

SLW, as said above, everyone's aware there are a range of concerns. Not sure if all of them could be addressed in one week, let alone one day or one game. But perhaps an idea to try & start somewhere? Wasn't sure if you'd be attending anyway, was under the impression you'd decided against returning after an away game a couple of months ago. Maybe not....

the_bully_wee. OK, people arent to make comments "behind a keyboard" but aren't to turn up and discuss things in person either. Could you make your mind up son?

What isn't planned for discussion is any specific director or the forming of some kind of protest group to stand in the car park and shout at the Board. With the latter, those days are gone as are those of "we want to make any decision we like and you must get your arse in line behind that otherwise you're not a real Clyde fan"

Don't believe me? What was the last game, 450 or something?

It's optional, it's an informal meeting to put forward a couple of suggestions. Attend / don't attend, it's fine. If you do, and don't agree with what's proposed, fine. Many supporters feel a lot is wrong with this Club and it's only an attempt to try & gradually look for ways to rectify it ultimately using official channels. But if you disagree, that's also fine.

If there's a strong feeling this meeting should not take place, maybe it should be cancelled and you can look forward to a continued future of getting excited that as it's the likes of Queens Park visiting the crowd figure might actually go above 500, or even.....600 :o

Maybe people should stop for a minute and think. BrigtonClyde and a few others are looking to make a positive change, hopefully others when the details are released will agree. Please remember this is a positive step. Its not about who has had done what and who has done this. Or even who hasn't.

It matters not whether BrigtonClyde and a few others are looking to make a positive change, and I have no doubt they are, the fact remains that we are a CIC and changes can only come from within that entity. I am far from an apologist for the Chairman or the Board in general but it frequently irritates me that the supporters on here who are among the biggest critics and moaners, can't even be arsed joining. They can say as often as they like that they are making a statement or whatever by not joining, but until they do they can have no effective and positive say in bringing changes about.

Pay your membership, come to the meetings and let's try to make things happen. The Chairman, after all, is just that, no more, no less. He's not a Dictator, he can be voted off if that's what is ultimately required, but I'm afraid you non members can have no say in that.

Any action taken outside the CIC might or might not make the Board sit up and take notice but it can't force it.

And if you all sign up we can do our discussing on the O S without the trolls getting their tuppence worth in, without paying for it and benefiting the Club.

It matters not whether BrigtonClyde and a few others are looking to make a positive change, and I have no doubt they are, the fact remains that we are a CIC and changes can only come from within that entity. I am far from an apologist for the Chairman or the Board in general but it frequently irritates me that the supporters on here who are among the biggest critics and moaners, can't even be arsed joining. They can say as often as they like that they are making a statement or whatever by not joining, but until they do they can have no effective and positive say in bringing changes about.

Pay your membership, come to the meetings and let's try to make things happen. The Chairman, after all, is just that, no more, no less. He's not a Dictator, he can be voted off if that's what is ultimately required, but I'm afraid you non members can have no say in that.

Any action taken outside the CIC might or might not make the Board sit up and take notice but it can't force it.

And if you all sign up we can do our discussing on the O S without the trolls getting their tuppence worth in, without paying for it and benefiting the Club.

I'm a member and so are others. I agree with most of what you say. All will become clear on Saturday. lets keep this positive.

OK, so,

One option is meeting with CiC members and those not ordinarily inclined to join, and particularly for the latter present a reason, why it might be an idea to do so in line with a specific purpose so they can at least follow a logic in it and come to their decision

The other is to cancel it altogether, and hope that many others join the CIC based on no one particular issue, the same argument that's been put forward for the past 4 years and hasn't worked

The meeting's planned. It doesn't have to happen. It's an option. If most would prefer more of the same, that's how it'll be.

I don't think many want the status quo, but I repeat we need more on board as members who are prepared to make their feelings/ideas heard constructively and formally at the correct time and place, ie members meetings.

I know some people find it difficult to get up and speak in public, I'm one of them, but surely sub meetings can be held with like minded members either face to face in a structured fashion, or in healthy debate on the OS forum. Nothing discussed or posted on an open Forum like this is going to be taken seriously.

Have the meeting by all means but my suggestion would be to utilise it as much as possible as a recruitment drive.

To clarify some points for you

It's simply that a number of supporters have been discussing Clyde's general situation. In the same way many have on here for a long time. Many different issues arose. So it was decided to look at any area where there appeared to be a growing consensus of opinion in an attempt to do something positive.

You'll note that the original post said "some concerns" & "provide information and suggest options" It's not a question of telling you what you must do, and it's not addressing every single topic for debate

LiviClyde, one of the suggestions would involve joining the CIC if that helps

SLW, as said above, everyone's aware there are a range of concerns. Not sure if all of them could be addressed in one week, let alone one day or one game. But perhaps an idea to try & start somewhere? Wasn't sure if you'd be attending anyway, was under the impression you'd decided against returning after an away game a couple of months ago. Maybe not....

the_bully_wee. OK, people arent to make comments "behind a keyboard" but aren't to turn up and discuss things in person either. Could you make your mind up son?

What isn't planned for discussion is any specific director or the forming of some kind of protest group to stand in the car park and shout at the Board. With the latter, those days are gone as are those of "we want to make any decision we like and you must get your arse in line behind that otherwise you're not a real Clyde fan"

Don't believe me? What was the last game, 450 or something?

It's optional, it's an informal meeting to put forward a couple of suggestions. Attend / don't attend, it's fine. If you do, and don't agree with what's proposed, fine. Many supporters feel a lot is wrong with this Club and it's only an attempt to try & gradually look for ways to rectify it ultimately using official channels. But if you disagree, that's also fine.

If there's a strong feeling this meeting should not take place, maybe it should be cancelled and you can look forward to a continued future of getting excited that as it's the likes of Queens Park visiting the crowd figure might actually go above 500, or even.....600 :o

Two points

1. Yes you are correct I have no inclination to return and have not been to a home league game this season. That may change but for now.....

2. The meeting in the choir section is not a black & white (forgive the pun) decision. By all means have it, but recognise it is in some people's opinion the most ineffective way to approach the problem(s). I for one understand the frustrations, but even if I were attending games there are those in that section I would not sit with in any 'conversations' with the club. You have to have a plan and some level of credibility. Shouting and swearing as an example will only disenfranchise you from those most likely to effect change i.e. those capable of having a sensible but meaningful debate on the fans behalf.

I wish you success though for all our sakes.

A stellar effort at patronising me there, but at no point have I actually said that people should not make comments on forums/social or discuss things in person. Your original post alluded to the meeting "providing information" and "suggesting options". Providing information on, and options to, what exactly? The post makes it sound like this is some sort of event which will make people sit up and notice that fans aren't happy but in reality the only way to effectively do that is to become a member, cast votes on matters such as board (re-)elections and voice your opinion at meetings. If you and many others share these views, then what is £30 to have a say in the running of the club when you've (presumably) pumped money into it for decades. Sitting on a forum turning every fucking match topic (when you, again presumably, no longer attend games) into an "it's all the chairman's fault" campaign achieves the square root of sod all and it seems incredibly likely to me that this meeting will achieve the very same.

You've tried to label me as some sort of fascist here, when in reality I'm just advising you and your anti-Alexander brigade on the best course of action if you all so desire radical change. The level of conspiracy theory being banded about is quite remarkable - I genuinely laughed out loud at the implication that our current on-field issues were systematically planned by the chairman.

become a member, cast votes on matters such as board (re-)elections and voice your opinion at meetings. If you and many others share these views, then what is £30 to have a say in the running of the club when you've (presumably) pumped money into it for decades.

you'll note that it's been mentioned earlier that joining the CIC would be linked with one potential option

You've tried to label me as some sort of fascist here,

where?

I genuinely laughed out loud at the implication that our current on-field issues were systematically planned by the chairman.

where & when was it suggested that the chairman planned for on field issues?

youre not the only one laughing out loud

- There really is only one option; many of those like you no longer attend games, therefore walk-outs or similar are out of the picture - leaving you with joining the CIC as the only viable route of bringing about change.

- "People aren#t to make comments "behind a keyboard" but aren't to turn up and discuss things in person either" is a statement which heavily implies I'm disapproving of any sort of critical discussion surrounding off-field matters.

- That roaster of a boy clyde66 tossed up that suggestion in the Arbroath match thread. While not the most credible source of reasoned arguments, it's a hyperbolic example of the type of agenda many accuse Alexander of having.

I won't make the game on holiday (thank god????) but would hope the meeting takes place I do agree with bully wee the way to illicit change is through the CIC tell it wont take large numbers to do it the meetings are poorly attended and the level of dissension is minimal most people would know that I go to meetings and have challenged the board but if you do voice any criticism you are a looked on as a some sort of looney ( which maybe the case ????) I think there is time for change at the top and if Saturdays meeting can help in anyway then good on them

- There really is only one option; many of those like you no longer attend games, therefore walk-outs or similar are out of the picture - leaving you with joining the CIC as the only viable route of bringing about change.

- "People aren#t to make comments "behind a keyboard" but aren't to turn up and discuss things in person either" is a statement which heavily implies I'm disapproving of any sort of critical discussion surrounding off-field matters.

- That roaster of a boy clyde66 tossed up that suggestion in the Arbroath match thread. While not the most credible source of reasoned arguments, it's a hyperbolic example of the type of agenda many accuse Alexander of having.

Mr happy clapper found.

Good work guys.

Lay in to the manager. Keep away from the Chairman and board.

The problems at Clyde sit with the chairman, a chairman who rules by dictatorship in the boardroom and has surrounded himself by his own band of happy clappers. Hardly surprising he has looked for someone who will manage the same way.

One thing I never thought I would say about Clyde fans is that they lack heart, but years of being told its this board or no club has seen you bottle it. The fans have no fight to changes things, the board will stumble from one disaster to another, all the time telling you that you should be grateful they are doing the job.

Get Alexander out.

That was my rant about Alexander. If you think that is rant you should have been there when I bumped into him earlier this year.

I see nothing that I typed that will not be agreed with by a large number (or what is now left) of fans. Sadly the club is dying season by season. Sit there with your fingers in your ears and in a few years there will be a couple of hundred left. If you cant see that you must be blind and deaf.

Archived