Queen of the South v Brora Rangers

SUPERSOUTH

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracking result after only a so-so performance. Ironically, the early goal seem to affect us more than Brora, as it looked like we played with the handbrake on for the next 88 minutes. The score did flatter us a little, but with 20 mins to go the gap between full-time Championship outfit and Highland League side was beginning to show. Also, Brora's wee #9 (Sutherland?) looked like a decent player, but some of his diving and playacting antics were truly embarrassing - he'd have caused a lot more problems if he'd stayed on his feet more often.

Anyway, job done, and let's hope for a good home draw in next round.

Was always going to be a hard game.

Think the early goal made us think we would win easily but for the 1st hour Brora gave us good as they got.

After that Queens finally took control and ran out easy winners.

It made me think the same. We had one headed off the line within a minute or so of the goal, and it looked like we might be able to win by a margin of our own choosing.

Brora came into it more though and came close a couple of times before half time. For much of the second half, they were the better side and Reilly's goal came against the run of play.

I can see why Brora felt aggrieved by our third that finally put things to bed. By the letter of the law, it should stand and I welcome the recent shift toward favouring attackers. There's no doubt however that Russell could whip it in at the post the keeper had vacated because someone was in position by virtue of having been offside when it went forward.

Good Brora support given the distance. Pity none of them come on here.

A word for Jim Atkinson too. He commanded his box well and made a couple of good stops. With St Johnstone winning today, I'd imagine he'll keep his place for the next round. On today's evidence, this is not a source of concern.

It is kinda like saying we were the better team, scored 3 more goals than the opposition but for some obscure irrational reason should have lost?

It really isn't.

It's more like recognising that for much of the game, it was tight and there didn't appear to be a big gap between the sides; whilst also recognising that when we did eventually get in charge, there was scope for even more goals than we actually managed.

If thinking about something in a way which involves ostensibly conflicting standpoints represents "blatant nonsense" for you, then that's a bit strange for an adult human.

It made me think the same. We had one headed off the line within a minute or so of the goal, and it looked like we might be able to win by a margin of our own choosing.

Brora came into it more though and came close a couple of times before half time. For much of the second half, they were the better side and Reilly's goal came against the run of play.

I can see why Brora felt aggrieved by our third that finally put things to bed. By the letter of the law, it should stand and I welcome the recent shift toward favouring attackers. There's no doubt however that Russell could whip it in at the post the keeper had vacated because someone was in position by virtue of having been offside when it went forward.

Good Brora support given the distance. Pity none of them come on here.

A word for Jim Atkinson too. He commanded his box well and made a couple of good stops. With St Johnstone winning today, I'd imagine he'll keep his place for the next round. On today's evidence, this is not a source of concern.

All true about Brora but we really could have went to town on them in the last twenty five mins . It would have been stopped if a boxing match.

Not really surprised by the outcome. It is their biggest game in their history and you'd expect them to give it a good go for an hor before the superior fitness prevails.

Good win and in the last 16. Hopefully a league 1 team or below would be ideal.

Amusement never in short supply when McTwatt and Donkey Menace post. :rolleyes:

Now we are getting somewhere. Big Jerk? See I can join in with your 13 year old mentality. We could probly beat your Albion Rovers by a few more!

Archived