Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South, 06/12/2014

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to 1st v 3rd in the championship should be a cracker of a game enjoyed last years cup game and with both sides on very good league form it should be very interesting especially after Hearts thumping in the cup!

would like to see us start with

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins Holt

Carmichael Kerr Mcshane Russell

Reilly Baird

Subs Fowler Lyle Kidd Kiltie Dzierzwaski Hooper & Atkinson.

Whoever the manager picks am sure they will give there all.

Very good team spirit in the palmy dressing room.

Looking forward to 1st v 3rd in the championship should be a cracker of a game enjoyed last years cup game and with both sides on very good league form it should be very interesting especially after Hearts thumping in the cup!

would like to see us start with

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins Holt

Carmichael Kerr Mcshane Russell

Reilly Baird

Subs Fowler Lyle Kidd Kiltie Dzierzwaski Hooper & Atkinson.

Whoever the manager picks am sure they will give there all.

Very good team spirit in the palmy dressing room.

I think its a stick on that 9 of those will be right. The only questions are whether or not Kiltie, or Kidd, starts ahead of Carmichael and who partners Reilly up front.

Like you, I would stick with Carmichael and go with Baird

I'd stick with Carmichael for this one, but another performance like Saturday and his position has to be under threat. I'd go with Kidd ahead of Kiltie if I was dropping Dan though. Kidd has done far more to have earned a start than Kiltie.

Lyle does his best work from the bench, and is a good option to bring on if the game requires an experienced head. Reilly and Baird every time for me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lyle start in a 4-4-1-1 though.

I'd stick with Carmichael for this one, but another performance like Saturday and his position has to be under threat. I'd go with Kidd ahead of Kiltie if I was dropping Dan though. Kidd has done far more to have earned a start than Kiltie.

Lyle does his best work from the bench, and is a good option to bring on if the game requires an experienced head. Reilly and Baird every time for me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lyle start in a 4-4-1-1 though.

I agree Kidd has done well when coming off the bench but Kiltie is a very tricky player and I thought for only being at the club for a few days did excellent against Hearts and has been very unfortunate with Injuries since. I would like to see him get a chance as think he could be a big asset for us if we can get him back until May.

I've been a bit disappointed with Kidd this season, to be honest. Other than filling in adequately at right back he hasnt really made much of an impact on games when he has come on as a sub on the wing. He started there against Cowden and was anonymous - although so were the rest of the team.

Theres definitely a player in there and I'd like to see him stay next season but wouldnt be in the team ahead of Carmichael or Kiltie at the moment, for me.

What you need to remember with Kidd is that he is only 19. I think because he looks older people forget this.

In some ways he has disappointed because there is a certain level of expectation for an ex-Celtic youth player who was apparently watched by a number of English clubs whilst with them. He does tend to treat the ball like a hot potato sometimes and he hasn't proven to be a game-changer of a sub, more a versatile player who will help see a game out.

The above is all understandable when you consider his age, and lack of game time with us. He clearly has ability though, and it would be harsh to hold his versatility against him when it has proven vital in this injury-hit season. Based on what I have seen I'd play him in midfield, he seems more comfortable there than at full-back. He has a good delivery on him and isn't afraid to come inside and have a shot at goal, all attributes lacking from Carmichael's game. At present he doesn't have the confidence to beat men in the way Carmichael can, but neither does Carmichael at the moment!

Kiltie isn't our player, and hasn't shown himself to be vastly better than Kidd. That is why if it is between the two I would favour the player who is actually signed for us, and who has contributed more to the cause over the course of the season.

I'd like to see Kidd stay, his versatility alone makes him a useful asset (the new McGuffie), but I think he has the potential to be more than that but needs to be playing games, in the way that McShane has over the last 18 months, to realise it. I hope he does.

What you need to remember with Kidd is that he is only 19. I think because he looks older people forget this.

In some ways he has disappointed because there is a certain level of expectation for an ex-Celtic youth player who was apparently watched by a number of English clubs whilst with them. He does tend to treat the ball like a hot potato sometimes and he hasn't proven to be a game-changer of a sub, more a versatile player who will help see a game out.

The above is all understandable when you consider his age, and lack of game time with us. He clearly has ability though, and it would be harsh to hold his versatility against him when it has proven vital in this injury-hit season. Based on what I have seen I'd play him in midfield, he seems more comfortable there than at full-back. He has a good delivery on him and isn't afraid to come inside and have a shot at goal, all attributes lacking from Carmichael's game. At present he doesn't have the confidence to beat men in the way Carmichael can, but neither does Carmichael at the moment!

Kiltie isn't our player, and hasn't shown himself to be vastly better than Kidd. That is why if it is between the two I would favour the player who is actually signed for us, and who has contributed more to the cause over the course of the season.

I'd like to see Kidd stay, his versatility alone makes him a useful asset (the new McGuffie), but I think he has the potential to be more than that but needs to be playing games, in the way that McShane has over the last 18 months, to realise it. I hope he does.

I would agree with much of what you said, except the part in bold. In his brief appearances, I think Kiltie has shown himself to be a better winger than Kidd - although I wouldnt go as far as to say "vastly". Maybe not an overall better player but, for me, he looks more likely to cause defences problems than Kidd.

Tbh Carmichael hasn't been the same since we installed our artificial surface. Looks lightweight, week, slow and doesn't have a great final ball. Where has his pace gone? Where are those effective stepovers and shimmies he used to do to create space? Some games he has performed okish but nothing like we know he can.

I would agree with much of what you said, except the part in bold. In his brief appearances, I think Kiltie has shown himself to be a better winger than Kidd - although I wouldnt go as far as to say "vastly". Maybe not an overall better player but, for me, he looks more likely to cause defences problems than Kidd.

I wouldn't try and disagree with that, Kiltie is certainly more of an out-and-out winger. Paul Burns is a good example of an effective wide-man who wasn't a traditional winger though.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see what Kiltie can do as well, and I wouldn't be disappointed to see him in the line up. I'd just prefer to see Kidd given a chance for the reasons given in my previous post. Particularly against Hearts were Kidd's graft might be of greater benefit than Kiltie's trickery.

Tbh Carmichael hasn't been the same since we installed our artificial surface. Looks lightweight, week, slow and doesn't have a great final ball. Where has his pace gone? Where are those effective stepovers and shimmies he used to do to create space? Some games he has performed okish but nothing like we know he can.

I don't think it's anything to do with the surface, and more of a confidence issue. Falkirk away in the playoffs, he was unbelievable.

Archived