Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South, 06/12/2014

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

96c322c25890421b427ed68be5a492a6.jpg

The week after that Guidetti monstrosity. It'll even itself out of course. :lol:

Sore one. You did get a dodgy penalty against us mind you.

Absolute stonewaller and in fact is he not the last man and therefore should take the long walk?

Absolute stonewaller and in fact is he not the last man and therefore should take the long walk?

Definitely a clear goalscoring opportunity there, yet the guy stayed on the park? Where do they get these refs from?!

Just watched the highlights and as I suspected at the time it is a series of non-events that were allowed to escalate into something that appears to be more controversial than it is, because of the ineptitude of the officials.

I've commented on it numerous times in the past, but the unwillingness of the assistants to get involved baffles me no end.

If the lino flags for the clear foul on Russell, then he doesn't have to go to him protesting. The Hearts player doesn't get wound up and feel the need to go all theatrical, and Higgins and Bauben keep their purses in their handbags.

I suppose by the letter of the law Bauben could be in trouble, but it's a pathetic little brush with the hand rather than a slap. Like I say all completely avoidable if the officials do their job, so it is with them my frustration lies with, not Prince.

Again as I thought at the time our penalty is barely a foul, and clearly outside the box. Bonkers!

Three cracking goals from Hearts, with the fourth the pick of the bunch (dat back heel). Durnan has a nightmare with the opener and I thought at the time Bauben had done a bit more trickery in the lead up to his goal. Going by the video he maybe beats Holt a bit too easily? Wilson's goal is disappointing for us, we'll need to defend set pieces better against The Rangers.

Irrespective of the result I had a great day. The view the away fans get is unrivalled in Scottish football, and it was great to see an almost full stadium. I'm not sure when we visit next but hopefully you have the league wrapped up by then and we can supplement the day out with a point or three.

I didn't realise the first half was virtually one way traffic as much. Just watched highlights and at time I thought we were lucky to survive penalty appeal just before half time but looks like an old fashioned shoulder charge.

Mcshane got booked near the end while breaking away in the centre circle and was clearly fouled. He got up and pushed Hearts player and got booked for raising his hand

The highlights confirm what I thought at the game. Two of the worst penalty decisions ever. I get the impression the ref liked the attention given the dramatic way in which he pointed to the spot and ran away on both occasions.

Nothing really in the stramash by the touchline. At the time I thought Russel was walking by his reaction but suspect he was just walking away from the incident as he hardly did anything. Buabens is a nothing incident too.

QOTS played decent football at times and it was closer than the score line suggested. We were better going forward than we have been recently and were fairly clinical in the second half.

Credit to the QOTS fans too who never stopped singing and seemed to enjoy their day despite the score. Tynecastle was a bit flat compared to the last couple of weeks which is to be expected I suppose.

Just watched the highlights and as I suspected at the time it is a series of non-events that were allowed to escalate into something that appears to be more controversial than it is, because of the ineptitude of the officials.

I've commented on it numerous times in the past, but the unwillingness of the assistants to get involved baffles me no end.

If the lino flags for the clear foul on Russell, then he doesn't have to go to him protesting. The Hearts player doesn't get wound up and feel the need to go all theatrical, and Higgins and Bauben keep their purses in their handbags.

I suppose by the letter of the law Bauben could be in trouble, but it's a pathetic little brush with the hand rather than a slap. Like I say all completely avoidable if the officials do their job, so it is with them my frustration lies with, not Prince.

Again as I thought at the time our penalty is barely a foul, and clearly outside the box. Bonkers!

Three cracking goals from Hearts, with the fourth the pick of the bunch (dat back heel). Durnan has a nightmare with the opener and I thought at the time Bauben had done a bit more trickery in the lead up to his goal. Going by the video he maybe beats Holt a bit too easily? Wilson's goal is disappointing for us, we'll need to defend set pieces better against The Rangers.

Irrespective of the result I had a great day. The view the away fans get is unrivalled in Scottish football, and it was great to see an almost full stadium. I'm not sure when we visit next but hopefully you have the league wrapped up by then and we can supplement the day out with a point or three.

Great summary .

Really enjoyable day out, good stadium, with no hassle from opposing fans. Some good football on show and plenty of goals. Think Fowler is promising as can read a game and make approp changes, though don't fully agree with all of his decisions. Only downside was the idiot with the flare.

Thought £14 for kids was a bit excessive though.

Archived