Trouble at bellsdale?

KLadeside

This smacks of the hiatus that followed the " infamous" Cumnock v Talbot game a couple of seasons ago when

We had the Horse of the Year show when there was no need for it and all the hire than thou feckets weighed in with the " ban them for life " shit when they hadn't a clue what happened on the day

I'm sure the guys at Beith are more than aware what happened and are acting on it, but, it's great when those without sin are happy to cast the first stone

Is it a regular thing at Beith - Naw

Are they embarrassed. - aye

Will they sort it - hopefully. Yes

To all the bandwagon jumpers ---- get a feckin grip

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did u see the whole incident mate as I did and all bottles thrown were from kilwinning fans and the ones that didn't smash were returned as I was nearly hit by one of about a dozen that were thrown question i ask is these bottles were empty why did the kilwinning fans not bin them as there are plenty bins available inside bellsdale ?

Nae surprise those idiots fae Kilwinning started it!! Running abt way there kappa tracksuits thinking there solid

As nuetral at the game what surprised me was the amount of alcohol at the game and also the lack of police presence after the game as this not the first time this has happened in the Ayrshire local derbies.

The vast majority of supporters are genuine supporters but the troublemakers are drink fuelled idiots who don't care about their clubs

The biggest problem with beiths ground is the exit point , tight squeeze to get out ,plus outside ground plenty of opportunities for troublemakers,

Feel sorry for the guy's that run the club as there isn't much they can do ,yes they could have had stewards,police at game but did anyone really believe that this game would have had any bother at it?

It only takes a few idiots to cause bother. BUT IT TAKES A FEW DECENT HARDWORKING GUY'S TO RUN A CLUB.

Let's hope that the decent guy's don't get fed up ,

Was at the game on Saturday beith fans were waiting out side for kilwinning fans after the match could see when I left there was going to be trouble because two sets of fans were obviously well on there way cant believe how much alcohol was being consumed at the

game by both sets of fans sorry but the club has to hold its hands up and as the law states you cant consume alcohol in public call the police if you turn a blind eye to it this is what you get.

Was at the game on Saturday beith fans were waiting out side for kilwinning fans after the match could see when I left there was going to be trouble because two sets of fans were obviously well on there way cant believe how much alcohol was being consumed at the

game by both sets of fans sorry but the club has to hold its hands up and as the law states you cant consume alcohol in public call the police if you turn a blind eye to it this is what you get.

Yup its all the committees fault.

Why if you could see trouble brewing then didn't you phone the police yourself.??

We had 4 committee members missing on Saturday for various reasons and were running down to the bare bones.

All of our committee were busy doing our regular duties after the game with Four committee guys taking the nets down & replacing divots on the pitch, one was emptying all the bins and another was in the dressing rooms doing his caretaker duties.

There wasn't a bad tackle all game and there wasn't a particularly bad atmosphere between fans during the game , according to reports the incident happened in a flash outside the turnstiles.

As for drinking in grounds then we've always confiscated drink from people who brazenly try to walk through the turnstiles with slabs of drink and drink that's in bags. The problem arises when people try to smuggle smaller bottles in inside their jackets .

Yup its all the committees fault.

Why if you could see trouble brewing then didn't you phone the police yourself.??

We had 4 committee members missing on Saturday for various reasons and were running down to the bare bones.

All of our committee were busy doing our regular duties after the game with Four committee guys taking the nets down & replacing divots on the pitch, one was emptying all the bins and another was in the dressing rooms doing his caretaker duties.

There wasn't a bad tackle all game and there wasn't a particularly bad atmosphere between fans during the game , according to reports the incident happened in a flash outside the turnstiles.

As for drinking in grounds then we've always confiscated drink from people who brazenly try to walk through the turnstiles with slabs of drink and drink that's in bags. The problem arises when people try to smuggle smaller bottles in inside their jackets .

Whilst not being judgemental on the situation - as an outsider looking in I would add the following.

Given that Beith have issues before (mainly derby matches) and that the game was against another local side - why were police not involved at the outset. Gain a reputation and it's hard to get rid off - Bo'ness continue to be tarnished by a very small minority of fans - despite their continued best efforts (although thankfully they seem to have largely solved this)

It also seems clear that the majority of issues come from most people using a single exit after the game and the resulting bottleneck seems to be the spark from any animosity from the game/rivalries.

Sadly this reflects on the good people of Beith (who I'm sure there are many) and the hardwork done by the committee at Beith. (We have played on a number of occasions and couldn't have been made more welcome.)

IMO it's bang out of order to blame the club for this.

1. Sounds like it was kilwinning lads that threw the first bottle into a group of beith fans.

2. There's only so much that committee can do and like hertha said, they were down to the bare bones.

3. At the end of the day, this happened OUTSIDE the ground. Committee have a duty of care for fans from both sides whilst inside the ground and by all accounts there were no incidents that could point toward any trouble at the end and. Beith committee can feel that they done all they could and helped with first aid for the injured lad.

These three points are obviously just my shitey opinion and don't count for anything but to blame the club is bad craic.

This does not reflect badly on the good people of Beith - it reflects badly on the idiots involved.

Your perfectly correct that such incidents shouldn't reflect badly on the good people of Beith. But I stick with my point that such matters sadly do drag the good name of the majority down.

Beith FC are blame free, like wise Kilwining FC. If people canny have a wee drink without scrapping and bottle throwing then dont drink, or stay away from watching football.

I, m sure who ever bottled the boy is now shiting him/herself waiting for the boys in blue to rattle the door.

Archived