Next Rangers Manager?

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did that statement really make you feel more secure?

Looks like he actually pointing out the one thing that would stop him applying when he said 'and I think it's unfair, there's still a manager in place at that club and he's a friend of mine.' the rest of his statement is entirely what every manager would say in his position, especially given the special relationship that exists between Rangers and Aberdeen fans.

I think you are safe though, it is highly doubtful that Rangers would pay the compensation required.

Yeah, I know most would maybe say something along those lines (not Jimmy Calderwood of course :lol: ) but his general demeanour and on the odd occasion I have chatted with him, he does give the impression of being very content and happy at his work, while still very determined to improve and take the club further.

I doubt he would consider leaving even if Ashley came up with the necessary compensation. The Ibrox set-up is far too unstable to even consider for a currently in work, forward thinking manager IMO.

I'd imagine it'll be one of the guys currently out of work with the obvious connections that'll eventually end up in the hot seat. If Salary actually ever departs. :huh:

I doubt he would consider leaving even if Ashley came up with the necessary compensation. The Ibrox set-up is far too unstable to even consider for a currently in work, forward thinking manager IMO.

Fair point, and you may be correct, but how much does McInnes get paid? £120k? £150k or something like that?

The chance to double or maybe even triple his salary and increase his profile might be something he'd be willing to accept.

He would have to weigh up the positives and negatives, and of course there are many negatives at the moment but it would still be a step up for him and money talks also.

Won't happen anyway as Rangers couldn't pay the compensation. :)

Fair point, and you may be correct, but how much does McInnes get paid? £120k? £150k or something like that?

The chance to double or maybe even triple his salary and increase his profile might be something he'd be willing to accept.

He would have to weigh up the positives and negatives, and of course there are many negatives at the moment but it would still be a step up for him and money talks also.

Won't happen anyway as Rangers couldn't pay the compensation. :)

Double or triple his salary you say??

Rangers are struggling to pay wages just now.....rangers are paying people off

What planet are you on exactly????

Double or triple his salary you say?? Rangers are struggling to pay wages just now.....rangers are paying people off What planet are you on exactly????

A planet where rangers can appoint a new cheif exec on an undisclosed fee but one which is undoubtedly 6 figures?

*edit* a person who was already a director and sat in on board meetings anyway?

A planet where rangers can appoint a new cheif exec on an undisclosed fee but one which is undoubtedly 6 figures?

You should have no problem giving ally his 6 figure pay off then surely???

Double or triple his salary you say??

Depends what he's getting paid at Aberdeen. He probably would double or triple his salary if he took the Rangers job.

But, as I say, it probably wouldn't happen anyway as I'm guessing the club would rather go for the cheap option of hiring someone who is currently unemployed such as Billy Davies or Stuart McCall for example.

(In my opinion it's daft the only realistic options are people who have played for the club. A club legend is currently making an absolute mess of it)

Depends what he's getting paid at Aberdeen. He probably would double or triple his salary if he took the Rangers job.

But, as I say, it probably wouldn't happen anyway as I'm guessing the club would rather go for the cheap option of hiring someone who is currently unemployed such as Billy Davies or Stuart McCall for example.

(In my opinion it's daft the only realistic options are people who have played for the club. A club legend is currently making an absolute mess of it)

I will try again....

Sevco are going cap in hand to mike because they are struggling

to pay the wages....remember the loans?

Sevco have paid 13/14 people off..even cancelled the Xmas party

in a cost cutting exercise.

And you seriously think they could double or triple the dons managers wages at this present moment???

I suppose you will be expecting a Jan war chest to splash on players to put hearts back in there place.

This is an example of why the old club and new are fucked....with attitudes like this.

80K, is shite, there is no way someone would take all that grief for a measly 80K, I mean would you?

Fucking damn right I would!! :P

My faither in law is a mason. He must have connections.

Don't worry Ted. I'll get us promoted 8)

It's a complete guess but I'd say McInnes is on about £2000 and McNamara about £1000-£1500 a week.

Houston was on £200K when he was asked to take a 40% pay cut and threw the toys out the pram. I'm assuming we got Jackie for something less than we were offering Houston, so say £2,000 pw.

Archived