Next Rangers Manager?

"run out of idea's" was McCall being diplomatic.

It's widely accepted the fact his budget being continuously reduced was severely hampering his ability to challenge for 2nd place.

I'm not simply defending him just because he's now at Rangers. People will know I'm certainly not his biggest fan. But to fair his luck ran out in the end. Overall he did a good job at 'Well. Nothing spectacular, but he probably prevented 'Well from going into administration.

:lol:

I don't think a single word of that statement is correct.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"run out of idea's" was McCall being diplomatic.

It's widely accepted the fact his budget being continuously reduced was severely hampering his ability to challenge for 2nd place.

I'm not simply defending him just because he's now at Rangers. People will know I'm certainly not his biggest fan. But to fair his luck ran out in the end. Overall he did a good job at 'Well. Nothing spectacular, but he probably prevented 'Well from going into administration.

What a load of pish.

The board backed him during almost his entire tenure at Fir Park. When he lost Jamie Murphy the club allowed him to bring in Kallum Higginbotham and James McFadden. When he lost an entire team he was allowed to go out and bring jn something like 9 players. Including big hitters like re-signing McFadden and signing McManus. He cherry picked two of Ross County's best players and outbid several other top flight teams to sign John Sutton. The club also went out their way to bring in Henri Anier permanently after his loan spell expired in January and once they'd sold him in the summer they went out their way to bring in Ojamaa as a replacement.

McCall's budget may have been cut but it was his own short sighted recruitment policy, poor management and lack of faith in our youth system that got us to where we are this season. He can have no one to blame but himself as the club has always went out their way to help him even going as fair as covering the wages of the likes of McFadden, Anier and Ojamaa outside of McCall's budget.

Even if his budget has been reduced this season, it will still be higher than the likes of Hamilton, Inverness and St.Johnstone who are all sitting pretty in the top six.

As for preventing us from going into Administration, why don't you ask the club how much loses to part timers Albion Rovers and Stjarnan alone cost the club in the last year..

There might be a small increase in sales if we get promotion but the difference but you implied there would be a significant increase. That is simply not true.

I doubt if there will be a significant increase if we get promotion. I expect an increase in season ticket prices regardless of what division we are in.

Put it this way, will tens of thousands cough up for a ST to watch Cowden, Alloa, RR and Dumbarton again? Not to mention another 2 horsings from Hibs if they bottle the play-offs?

Yes another one with sour grapes....

You were praising the man last year after his performance in the league and you admitted that this happened despite losing over half your team from the previous season.

In fact you describe his performance as 'fucking phenomenal'

Yeah, so pretty much as I said yesterday..

The only season that was really applicable to was last season when he lost most of that team and even then he was still allowed to go out and bring in something like 9 players. You could argue he recruited well given we had a tremendous season last season, surpassing strong Aberdeen and Dundee Utd teams to finish 2nd on 70 points.

Nice try though, shame you wasted your time digging up that old quote when you could have just looked at something I posted only yesterday.

Think Iain Cathro might still be in with a shout here. Considering he said he'd only join a club if he starts with a full pre-season and McCall has only been given until the end of the season.

Absolutely no chance Cathro is leaving La Liga right now, especially while Santo is being suggested for the Barcelona hotseat should it become vacant, and especially not to the current The Rangers.

Yeah, so pretty much as I said yesterday..

Nice try though, shame you wasted your time digging up that old quote when you could have just looked at something I posted only yesterday.

FFS you are all over the place here

So someone gives a lengthy well thought out reply doing a decent job of explaining Mccall's time at Motherwell and all anyone has to offer in reply to that is basically the equivalent of "lol", and instead of addressing the points, just decide to dredge up old posts.

It's at this point you know the argument is lost for them.

You totally contradicted yourself.

You admitted he lost all his good players, you then admitted his performance with their replacements was 'fucking phenomenal.'

now that he has joined Rangers you describe his management as 'poor'

You are all over the place, No8 was spot on.

Do not worry newdomdomdomdom I will keep bringing up old posts to point out peoples glaring hypocrisy.

Erm I believe I described the job he did finishing 2nd last season as tremendous only yesterday. I don't see what I've said today that contradicts that or why you had to bother to drag up a year old post?

The comment about 'poor management' was clearly in reference to this season, how else exactly would you describe being knocked out of Europe by a part time side and having a team with a top six budget fighting relegation?

Erm I believe I described the job he did finishing 2nd last season as tremendous only yesterday. I don't see what I've said today that contradicts that or why you had to bother to drag up a year old post?

The comment about 'poor management' was clearly in reference to this season, how else exactly would you describe being knocked out of Europe by a part time side and having a team with a top six budget fighting relegation?

Getting knocked out of Cups by part time teams is a regular occurrence for the Sevconians and just to show our Diddy credentials we went one better in this years SC.

All these hypocritical comments comings from guys like you who only a few months earlier were describing him as 'fucking phenomenal.' are just laughable sour grapes due to him joining Rangers.

Pretty sure we haven't been describing him that way for most of this season.

Judging on how Motherwell have went from strength to strength after he left I would class this as a pretty impossible task to keep doing this year after year, lets face it, he did as much as he could with Motherwell (consecutive 2nd place finishes on a tiny budget, champions league, europe, record win streaks), got fed up and left, who can blame him.

All these hypocritical comments comings from guys like you who only a few months earlier were describing him as 'fucking phenomenal.' are just laughable sour grapes due to him joining Rangers.

Ah so we've realised we're wrong, ignored my post completely and just had a wee rant instead, bless.

Well, I suppose it doesn't really fit the narrative to even come close to suggesting that McCall might not be what some folk have him cut out to be. I could take a lot of these posts a lot more seriously if they weren't just 100% deflection and "lolz".

See when Bennett is the most sensible poster in a discussion? It's probably time to step back and think about what you're posting.

Archived