Next Rangers Manager?

Because it would be two steps backwards for his managerial career. Why would he do that?

Remember that time Rangers thought they had Alex Ferguson in the bag as their new manager?

Aye! and then Wee Jum knocked them back a few weeks later :o:lol:

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, in the real world, The Rangers will do well to make the playoff final to get up to the top flight whilst waiting on the war chest to appear.

"Aye", right enough. :)

So your response is to make a statement which I already agree with?....

Aye, okay. :)

If Rangers don't go up this time round then fine, they don't go up. What's more important is a stronger, more financially secure Rangers and with investment of "north of £20m" it's fair to say that's what they'll be. :)

Of course, you can say it's all talk, but do you really think King, the Three Bears and others involved, after all the effort put in so far will just suddenly go back on their decision to put money into the club? The chances of that are very, very slim.

(That's not to say the incoming coach will have a £20m "war chest" in the summer, obviously.)

Aye! and then Wee Jum knocked them back a few weeks later :o:lol:

Aye and he was taking Walter Smith with him. For some reaspn Wee Jum changed his mind but fortunately for Smith Souness wasnt as daft. Turned out better for Rangers and Smith in the end...turrned out much better. Thanks for reminding us.

Of course, you can say it's all talk, but do you really think King, the Three Bears and others involved, after all the effort put in so far will just suddenly go back on their decision to put money into the club? The chances of that are very, very slim.

Yeah, it's not like a glib and shameless liar could be expected to go back on his word.

:lol:

Fuckwits.

My apologies, it was just the one who named McInnes.

15b4db6d0c.jpg

It could be quite entertaining to see Uncle Wattie return, however. Keep him until at least January so he can spend another 20 million that doesn't exist signing Kyle Lafferty and Maurice Edu.

The "present situation" is McInnes would likely accept the job of coaching Rangers if it was offered to him.

Why wouldn't he?

The most recent quote from him says "I've no desire to leave Aberdeen at the minute" and "I’m really enjoying myself here and feel we’ve work to finish." This was in mid-January. Given that since then Aberdeen have further strengthened their place as the second best team in the country (league-wise at least, and in signing McLean which was something of a coup) I'd imagine the same still holds true. Managing Rangers in the future, certainly, and he'd probably be capable of it once (if) they reached any sort of stability but consider what he'd be trading right now:

A trophy winning team he's built over two seasons and has contracted the majority of for the next few years

A club entering a period of guaranteed financial stability, with a rejuvenated support

A confirmed force domestically and potentially burgeoning force in Europe, again for the next 2-3 years at least

for

A club which could well still be playing in the Championship next season

A club which still has no guarantees regarding the finances of its ownership, at least nothing compared to what currently exists at Aberdeen

A club with 13 wage thieves out of contract at the end of the season - as little as 3 of those probably worthy of remaining.

Now, regarding the last one and the alleged finances he would have to build a team, aside from that being the very opposite of what Rangers (any club) should do yet being exactly what the customers demand, we've seen what happens when Rangers in its current form throws money at problems to make them go away. I certainly believe McInnes to be a better coach and motivator than McCoist but if he's going to Rangers to improve his own salary, to have the money to build a team to challenge for trophies (which would realistically take until at least 2018 before they win anything), is there any guarantee he, the club, would succeed? No. And based on the assorted glee that I've seen from Rangers fans regarding the man wearing Kenny Dalglish's skin taking over (credit to whoever on here said that by the way) that really needs emphasised. There is no guarantee that Rangers will now succeed. Rangers have no right to win, Rangers cannot be viable as a football club long term by operating in any of the ways they have done over the past two and a half decades. Regardless of whatever potential personal gain or potential longer-term footballing gain McInnes would stand to experience, based on what he current has at Aberdeen and looks to have over the same sort of period it would take for Rangers to get close to that level, there's no logical path that takes him from Aberdeen to Rangers.

Now, if a new manager is installed at any point in the recent future (and I imagine that whatever anyone concerned with running the club says, they'll want to be promoted this year) it will be to get them coherent as a team and through the playoffs, and I would just feel bad for Stuart McCall if he didn't get it given his wee boy on his best behaviour looking for a sweetie act he's put on since he left Motherwell.

Or maybe Felix Magath will get buy it and give us another level of hilarity.

Where did this £20 million figure come from btw?

Am i correct in saying it was given before King has had a good look at rangers's books?

How does he know £20 million is the correct amount?

Is it coming directly from King personally this season or is it coming over a period of several years?

Has that been broken down yet?

So your response is to make a statement which I already agree with?....

Aye, okay. :)

If Rangers don't go up this time round then fine, they don't go up. What's more important is a stronger, more financially secure Rangers and with investment of "north of £20m" it's fair to say that's what they'll be. :)

(That's not to say the incoming coach will have a £20m "war chest" in the summer, obviously.)

The first £10M of that goes to paying off the SD loans. Between now and the end of the season, the remaining £10M goes towards salaries and taxes.

Next?

I see BBC Sport Scotland website pushing Cathro again. In all honesty, it would be a good choice; low risk, high reputation, first opportunity, can't do worse, bring through the youth.

If this happened, I'd see a ray of light and a long term plan, but will he, won't he, or will the rank and file demand a big name club legend.....

I see BBC Sport Scotland website pushing Cathro again. In all honesty, it would be a good choice; low risk, high reputation, first opportunity, can't do worse, bring through the youth.

If this happened, I'd see a ray of light and a long term plan, but will he, won't he, or will the rank and file demand a big name club legend.....

Big name, they'll stand for no less.

Don't often post on the Sevco threads but am quietly amused at the suggestion of Magath taking over and a bit surprised that no one's really mentioned the fact that by and large he's a next-level mentalist. What could possibly go wrong with that group of players and a manager whose nickname's "Saddam" and whose training methods are compared with torture.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26265494

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/20/fulham-farewell-magath-felix-madcap

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/dress-sense-medicine-balls-dictatorship-what-felix-magath-will-bring-fulham

I don't think Magath will actually be involved, will he? His appointment at Fulham was a stone cold travesty.

He's a complete dinosaur at best and a complete lunatic at worst.

I don't think Magath will actually be involved, will he? His appointment at Fulham was a stone cold travesty.

He's a complete dinosaur at best and a complete lunatic at worst.

Any time I've seen his name mentioned it's generally been about him in a 'technical director' role, aye.

Don't often post on the Sevco threads but am quietly amused at the suggestion of Magath taking over and a bit surprised that no one's really mentioned the fact that by and large he's a next-level mentalist. What could possibly go wrong with that group of players and a manager whose nickname's "Saddam" and whose training methods are compared with torture.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26265494

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/20/fulham-farewell-magath-felix-madcap

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/dress-sense-medicine-balls-dictatorship-what-felix-magath-will-bring-fulham

Read the BBC link and tbh I have no problem with that. I am not sure Kris Boyd will enjoy the training but f**k them..Those b*****ds have been stealing their wages for long enough. It is about time that was knocked on the head.

I noticed last night the players actually did a training session at HT instead of the usual fannying about for ten mins.

Read the BBC link and tbh I have no problem with that. I am not sure Kris Boyd will enjoy the training but f**k them..Those b*****ds have been stealing their wages for long enough. It is about time that was knocked on the head.

I noticed last night the players actually did a training session at HT instead of the usual fannying about for ten mins.

This !! Perhaps it's what the squad needs right now. An alternative means of motivation, and an old school kick up the arse ! Promotion via the play offs or not, I don't think Magath would just let this season fizzle out.

You'd imagine Valencia would want probably some decent compensation for Cathro.

He must also be thinking that if he hangs around there long enough he'll be in with a shout for the manager's job when Nuno leaves.

Can Rangers afford a new manager? They seem to be having some problems finding money to pay a welder.

Archived