Next Rangers Manager?

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Christ, Hector's now using the phrase 'PC Brigade', like some Daily Mail leader writer.

The drive towards the use of politically correct language has been a force for good in society.

To an extent but sometimes we forget about good old fashined common sense.

The so called famine song was just some chubby guy on facbook having a laugh, the fuss about it was unreal.
Just more lies. Bennett is quite right. The song deemed racist was some daft arse with a guitar in a darkened room.
Nice to see how Rangers fans spent their Christmas...trying not to be racist.

That's just stupid. A view I've reached by exercising common sense.

So we've had "lie down", "that's stupid". What next? Unable to put up a coherrent argument, you just throw back insults. Typical PC tactics. Of course, calling someone PC, in your mind, is a sign of mental derangement whereas your kind can happily term people "racist" without any fear of comeback. Do you have any experience of the real world or do you just live in your private Utopia?

So we've had "lie down", "that's stupid". What next? Unable to put up a coherrent argument, you just throw back insults. Typical PC tactics. Of course, calling someone PC, in your mind, is a sign of mental derangement whereas your kind can happily term people "racist" without any fear of comeback. Do you have any experience of the real world or do you just live in your private Utopia?

Who did I call racist and when was this?

Who did I call racist and when was this?

I didn't accuse you of calling anyone racist. I accused you of being PC, a group of people who loosely throw about the word racist as a reply to anything they do not agree with.

Umbongo used the word "racist" about a song. It is a sectarian song aimed at Irish catholics. To my knowledge "Catholic Irish" is not a race. One can easily argue that Irish, Scots and English are not races as they are a mix of peoples. They are ethnic groups, based around a geographical area with a cultural identity but they are not races. Now stop being a p***k, unless you can come up with a reasoned point of view.

However, the laws against racism in this country paint with a broad brush. That explanation of race likely won't sit well with the thorties as a get out. Remember that crimes are generally committed against the person.

I didn't accuse you of calling anyone racist. I accused you of being PC, a group of people who loosely throw about the word racist as a reply to anything they do not agree with.

Umbongo used the word "racist" about a song. It is a sectarian song aimed at Irish catholics. To my knowledge "Catholic Irish" is not a race. One can easily argue that Irish, Scots and English are not races as they are a mix of peoples. They are ethnic groups, based around a geographical area with a cultural identity but they are not races. Now stop being a p***k, unless you can come up with a reasoned point of view.

I called the song racist because it was found to be in the apeal court

Referring to the Famine Song, the senior judge said: "The court does not consider that the lyrics of this refrain bear any reasonable comparison to those of 'Flower of Scotland' or indeed 'God Save the Queen'.

"Rather they are racist in calling upon people native to Scotland to leave the country because of their racial origins. This is a sentiment which... many persons will find offensive."

Lord Carloway added that the appeal judges had no difficulty in accepting the sheriff's conclusion that singing the song's chorus "displays malice and ill-will towards people of Irish descent living in Scotland".

I expected No8 to defened this racist chant but not anybody else

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8109359.stm

I've already made my point. Political Correctness is, on balance, a very good thing for the society we get to live in.

Indeed, your wish to deal with those who think so as a group you can insult and attribute behaviours to, proves the ongoing need for it.

I've already made my point. Political Correctness is, on balance, a very good thing for the society we get to live in.Indeed, your wish to deal with those who think so as a group you can insult and attribute behaviours to, proves the ongoing need for it.

I quite agree that political correctness as an ideal is a force for good. The unsavoury aspect of this little squabble is the readiness of some to quote from legal cases as if they need to be told what is offensive. Surely a suggestion that a 3rd generation black person should "go back where they came from" is as offensive as it is ridiculous? Why then feel the need to refer to court records in order to ascertain if the same sentiment is offensive to those who are not visibly different?

To continually refer to court decisions, rather than debate reasonably, is simply indicative of a lazy or embarrassed reluctance to judge right and wrong for oneself. To regard the law as a final arbiter in matters of morals is at best naive, and it's rare when you find someone who sticks to that particular touchstone. I would hazard a guess that most of us commit a variety of minor offences on a daily basis, and feel justified in doing so.

I called the song racist because it was found to be in the apeal court

I expected No8 to defened this racist chant but not anybody else

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8109359.stm

This merely goes to prove how uneducated and unfit for purpose Scottish politicians are. They produce laws which are not properly thought out to make headlines in the newspapers. As for a so-called learned judge to make rulings on such an argument, this reeks of a police state.Very soon it will be illegal to even look at someone because you may be thinking the wrong thing about them.

This merely goes to prove how uneducated and unfit for purpose Scottish politicians are. They produce laws which are not properly thought out to make headlines in the newspapers. As for a so-called learned judge to make rulings on such an argument, this reeks of a police state.Very soon it will be illegal to even look at someone because you may be thinking the wrong thing about them.

Hector mate, you're an extraordinary individual, trapped in a state of outlandish paranoia.

Give it a rest - you're sounding unhinged here.

I quite agree that political correctness as an ideal is a force for good. The unsavoury aspect of this little squabble is the readiness of some to quote from legal cases as if they need to be told what is offensive. Surely a suggestion that a 3rd generation black person should "go back where they came from" is as offensive as it is ridiculous? Why then feel the need to refer to court records in order to ascertain if the same sentiment is offensive to those who are not visibly different?

To continually refer to court decisions, rather than debate reasonably, is simply indicative of a lazy or embarrassed reluctance to judge right and wrong for oneself. To regard the law as a final arbiter in matters of morals is at best naive, and it's rare when you find someone who sticks to that particular touchstone. I would hazard a guess that most of us commit a variety of minor offences on a daily basis, and feel justified in doing so.

But who decides what is politically correct and what isn't? Why should it be illegal for a white to say the word "n$$$$r" when it is okay for a coloured person to use it? Why were Spurs fans threatened with legal action for calling themselves "y§ds"? I don't want shit-stirrers looking through every single word in the English language and telling me what I can and cannot say simply because they put themselves up as God. Just look at all the fuss over Jeremy Clarkson mumbling a word, simply because everyone knew what the word should have been. And did that stupid woman ever get her £1M because she heard him say the word "slope"?

Hector mate, you're an extraordinary individual, trapped in a state of outlandish paranoia. Give it a rest - you're sounding unhinged here.

That is an insult against the mentally disabled. Do you fancy ending up in court for that comment?

That is PC at its very best. Tell people to shut up because they are f*cking mental. Bravo MT. Shows what a b*g*t you are.

Hector mate, you're an extraordinary individual, trapped in a state of outlandish paranoia. Give it a rest - you're sounding unhinged here.

You're always moaning about no debates, wee Hector brings some debate and you moan.

Yokels.....

That is an insult against the mentally disabled. Do you fancy ending up in court for that comment?

That is PC at its very best. Tell people to shut up because they are f*cking mental. Bravo MT. Shows what a b*g*t you are.

Chill out Hector, don't want to see you losing it again. monkeys just being snide so that he canget bites.

You're always moaning about no debates, wee Hector brings some debate and you moan.

Yokels.....

Chill out Hector, don't want to see you losing it again. monkeys just being snide so that he canget bites.

I just love getting into debates, especially when the person opposite has nothing to give back except insults. :)

Archived