Alex Salmond - Thank You.

Ludo*1

I think if you ever find yourself in the position of being gushing in praise of any politician you should take a wee look at yourself; if you lose any kind of critical assessment or scepticism then you are ignoring 100s of years of experience.

I would generally agree with that, the vast majority of them are arseholes who are only in it because they see it as a career, and I generally dislike them at best.

Salmond on the other hand totally deserves all the praise he gets.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would generally agree with that, the vast majority of them are arseholes who are only in it because they see it as a career, and I generally dislike them at best.

Salmond on the other hand totally deserves all the praise he gets.

^^

One of his followers who can't see the contradiction in the above post.

Never been sure how serious SNP supporters really are about independence. A lot of people on here seem very comfortable with the narrow loss. Much easier than having to deal with the cold hard realities of the currency issue and EU membership post-Yes vote.

I was disappointed with the inevitable outcome but I'm certainly not crying rivers about it. UK politics has never been more interesting.

Fair play to Salmond you might say but manipulating rockets like you is as easy as lying about Green policies while talking up the wealth in fossil fuels....

Oh see that?

4bUV7Ls.gif

Just watched the recent documentry on him, the last 10 minutes was hilarious. Geared his whole life for independence and failed, but seen as a hero. He's the Eddy the eagle of politics, a lovable failure. No one does a biscuit arsed face quite like him

Just watched the recent documentry on him, the last 10 minutes was hilarious. Geared his whole life for independence and failed, but seen as a hero. He's the Eddy the eagle of politics, a lovable failure. No one does a biscuit arsed face quite like him

Ha, ha :D

I really has been some career he's had and I doubt it's finished yet. When he was first elected they had 2 mps and we're some sort of fringe token vote party. He's taken them to being the biggest party in Scotland with a majority at Holywood which I predict they will extend in 2016. He's taken independence from being a pipe dream to having 45 % of the population voting for it. The landscape of politics has changed in Scotland and the man on the street has become engaged on a level not seen for years.

Salmond has sealed his place in the history books.

You're British/Northern Irish. You were never going to like him.

I said he was consummately skilled. I did not say that I didn't like him, although, if honest, I don't particularly like him. Then again, I don't like many politicians of any hue.

Either way, WTF has my nationality got to do with it?

Archived