Alex Salmond - Thank You.

Ludo*1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A consummately skilled politician, but I can't say I would refer to him as dignified?

As for Scotland's most successful ever, what about the likes of Arthur James Balfour or James Ramsay MacDonald?

The less said about Blair the better?

You're British/Northern Irish. You were never going to like him.

What is "the modern era"?

I'll go John Smith

He died in 1994, I wouldn't call him a Politician of the modern era.

This century onwards IMO.

Open to definition I suppose.

Been watching BBC1s Alex Salmond programme and all I can say is thank you Alex. Thank you to the best politician Scotland has ever seen. Regardless of what others think and what your opinion of Salmond, as a politician, Salmond is the best Scotland has ever seen. Worried how the SNP will go on without him.

Whether you're Tory, Labour, or SNP, Salmond has represented Scotland better than the likes of Blair, Brown, Cameron or any of the first ministers previously. No one has came close to Salmond.

Thank you Alex. In whatever you do next, I know it'll be to benefit Scotland and the Scottish people.

Wanking furiously over an utterly horrible man.

His resignation speech was one of the most crushing moments I've felt in a long time. Was fucking deed from the result emotionally, mentally and physically. Watching him fight back the tears was enough to set me off, not ashamed to say.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

It was glorious to see his crushed gait that day.

He'll be back into politics in no time, just purely to rile c***s like Reynard.

He hasn't left politics. He was just forced into a high noon with Cameron, lost, and was forced to resign.

The best bit by far on referendum night was his absolutely gutted features and him slumped in the back of that car, the fact he cancelled his helicopter ride into victory and the fact that his flunkeys had prepared a victory party that the stupid fat f**k genuinely thought he was going to be the star turn at. :lol:

And now, he's had a two month "look at me" spectacular while his personality cult followers bend the knee to his majesty. What an absolute shower of fucking wankers.

I just hope that he's alive when the inevitable happens. He deserves to see it.

The people who voted Yes in September aren't going to change their minds. At the very start of all this, the support was absolutely miniscule, it's to Salmond's great credit that this even became a contest. So much so that London shat their wee pantaloons and started making offers that will either be delivered and show the craven people of Scotland that they are capable of running their own affairs; or not delivered and thus speeding up the process tenfold.

He'll be remembered as an historically significant figure eventually. Sturgeon is just what's needed now though, a more diplomatic figure at Holyrood, whilst Salmond cuts about playing the WUM in WM and in the press. Ideal.

He hasn't left politics. He was just forced into a high noon with Cameron, lost, and was forced to resign.

The best bit by far on referendum night was his absolutely gutted features and him slumped in the back of that car, the fact he cancelled his helicopter ride into victory and the fact that his flunkeys had prepared a victory party that the stupid fat f**k genuinely thought he was going to be the star turn at. :lol:

And now, he's had a two month "look at me" spectacular while his personality cult followers bend the knee to his majesty. What an absolute shower of fucking wankers.

This seethe is real :lol:

He didn't "have to" quit anything. Salmond could win a Holyrood election tomorrow, no bother. Sturgeon taking over now is ideal though. Fair play to him for having the humility to step down, when others may have defiantly stayed on to save pride.

All the Salmond seethers were so adament about how their No vote would end Salmond. Yet he's still cutting about, his big smug face winding them up to this day. Absolutely fucking glorious.

Alex Salmond isn't bothering anyone. No siree. Must be absolutely infuriating for some to see a man who helped to bring Scottish independence much closer than they thought possible. Close enough certainly that many of those people were posted missing in the build up to the referendum itself, their nerves completely shredded.

He's a frightening man for them. No wonder they're so utterly raging at him.

I think if you ever find yourself in the position of being gushing in praise of any politician you should take a wee look at yourself; if you lose any kind of critical assessment or scepticism then you are ignoring 100s of years of experience.

Archived