cowden v livi

Was referring to all the Livi supporters in the new stand. Seemed like a few of them. Actually there's an old boy that goes to every Livi game that i usually speak to when Livi are visiting so quite glad he was in the stand but you either segregate or don't.

Decided to go on the terracing today so never noticed who was in the stand. Not sure we need segregation IMO.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seemed really frustrated about the embargo pointing out that were able to get guys in on loan from Premiership sides when things weren't going well for us at the start of the season so I would imagine he would have gone down the same route if he could have.

At the end one of the journo's said "battle on" and John replied "we'll see".

Fucking loan signings when he gives none of our youngsters a shot? Lazy solutions from a hopeless manager.

A new manager would have the same problems a transfer embargo and stuck with a poor side.

To an extent as he can't bring players in, but he would hopefully use some players that McGlynn hasn't been giving a chance and use tactics, and a system that suits the ones we've got. We've a RB who's been injured all season and he keeps playing guys from other positions that aren't very good in there when we've got a young lad not being given a chance. Ironic when the excuse given for punting Bollan was not giving youth a chance (though we all know that was bull). Sives keeps getting starts and he's a liability, Ogleby is shite yet keeps getting brought on as sub, there are just a lot of niggly things with McGlynn that added together makes it time for him to go.

They lack something up front. You can see they can still move the ball about at a decent pace. It didn't create them anything though so you can see why McGlynn has them playing hoofball. It created their only chances.

If they had a decent striker they wouldn't be in the shit they are and could create something on the deck.

I've been saying that for weeks but I keep getting 'we have players that can score', doesn't look like it to me. Dare say the tactics haven't helped White but we've been used to having at least one prolific goal scorer in the team and this season we don't have that and not enough players to spread it around either, so need a striker to come in and help out. Ogleby is useless and a passenger so don't see the point having him.

How long is the embargo for?

It's because Rankine did a tit for tat grass up on Nixon and cut his nose off to spite his face as it all comes back on the club from both of the c***s. Nixon didn't pay tax on players bonuses (I think) so don't know if it is just a case of paying the tax to get it lifted. Fucknows what's going on behind the scenes though, if Rankine even gives a f**k.

Fucking loan signings when he gives none of our youngsters a shot? Lazy solutions from a hopeless manager.

We've got some youngsters that can get chances but not any strikers so I'd be all for giving them a chance in defence and midfield if we also get a striker in on loan. Need to get the embargo lifted though but fuckall info from the club letting us know about it.

I've been saying that for weeks but I keep getting 'we have players that can score', doesn't look like it to me. Dare say the tactics haven't helped White but we've been used to having at least one prolific goal scorer in the team and this season we don't have that

Its not about scoring, although i'd debate whether they can do that. It's about the movement to give the midfield a forward option. Not once did your front players find space to receive a pass to feet and create a chance from it.

Mcnulty could do that last season and also Russell the season before. I've seen livi destroy us in the past with some of the best football i've seen at this level because the forwards offered an option for an end product. Must be galling to have lost that.

Livi could be this seasons Morton and do us a real favour. Both teams were very poor, particularly in the first half. I almost lost the will to live watching two sets of bemused players trying to string two or three passes together. If it hadn't been for the Curly Wurly and cup of tea I had then I may have fallen into a coma. I was starting to wish that Livi did have a Hippo in their team to create a bit of interest by squashing the idiotic ref as it ran for a pie and Brown sauce.

Great to get the 3 much needed points though and I do hope this gives us a very much needed lift. Now we just need to get get fat Sally the sack, Tonk a struggling Hearts side and get our usual easy win against Queens ;) . Piece of piss. Bring it on though :) .

Its not about scoring, although i'd debate whether they can do that. It's about the movement to give the midfield a forward option. Not once did your front players find space to receive a pass to feet and create a chance from it.

Mcnulty could do that last season and also Russell the season before. I've seen livi destroy us in the past with some of the best football i've seen at this level because the forwards offered an option for an end product. Must be galling to have lost that.

Really bugs me we dumped Russell and Andreu. 9 goals and the top goal scorer in the Premiership, and he's a midfielder, makes me raging that we didn't extend his contract.

McGlynn was never lazy, the opposite in fact. He was at the Cowden - Rangers midweek game, as part of his preparations for this game one would assume.

But I didnt think he'd go down well at Almondvale from the start. He's not the man you would want if you like open attacking football, like Livi are known for, which was his speedy downfall at Hearts. He's for organisation, fitness and commitment, but not good to watch stuff. At least thats what he's remembered for at Stark's Park. I dont know how much effect your restricted squad has - he probably doesnt have the type of player he likes to work with. You'd definitely be a lot harder to beat and have more points if he could assemble his own squad, but it would probably verge on anti-football.

McGlynn was never lazy, the opposite in fact. He was at the Cowden - Rangers midweek game, as part of his preparations for this game one would assume.

But I didnt think he'd go down well at Almondvale from the start. He's not the man you would want if you like open attacking football, like Livi are known for, which was his speedy downfall at Hearts. He's for organisation, fitness and commitment, but not good to watch stuff. At least thats what he's remembered for at Stark's Park. I dont know how much effect your restricted squad has - he probably doesnt have the type of player he likes to work with. You'd definitely be a lot harder to beat and have more points if he could assemble his own squad, but it would probably verge on anti-football.

He brought in White, Ogleby, Hippolyte, McKenna, Donaldson, Gallagher and Glen this season *. Also brought in a couple last season after coming to Livi so he's formed his team with the players he wanted. Actually played better stuff last season with the players he inherited, Obv his budget has limited him to the quality of player he could go for but with 3 PT teams in the league he should have had enough to give him a fighting chance.

*Robertson too, so 8 players.

As has been said it was all about the three points, but that first half was brutal to watch.Two clear chances wasted by us was about it.

Started brightly in the second half and played some decent stuff down the right and couldn't believe a Kudos effort never ended in the back off the net.He then set up Callum who took it well to give us the lead and at that stage Livi were right out of the game.

We then Sat back and the away side started lumping high balls into the Cowden box causing us problems.Jimmy rightly brought Darren on and put Robbo into the midfield which helped, and Sean somehow failed to score after Jon had turned and shot which would have taken the pressure right off.

Robbie had a couple of good saves from headers and managed to punch away a few corners in a spell when we couldn't clear the ball from our own half. The keeper deserved his sponsors MOTM, but for me it would have gone to Marcus.Strolled the game until the late pressure, and his surges forward from our area are akin to what we miss from Chopper.

We will lose Fraser soon so Darren will surely feature more in the second half of the season, and we have to keep Kudos and Callum as they are our best attacking options with good pace.

We looked very leaden footed in the midfield until Robbo was put in there, and we got away with it as Livi were so bad.

Team selections have been lazy and uncreative. I would say that a manager attending a midweek Championship game when we're not playing is pretty standard and clearly made no fucking difference at all.

As has been said it was all about the three points, but that first half was brutal to watch.Two clear chances wasted by us was about it.

Started brightly in the second half and played some decent stuff down the right and couldn't believe a Kudos effort never ended in the back off the net.He then set up Callum who took it well to give us the lead and at that stage Livi were right out of the game.

We then Sat back and the away side started lumping high balls into the Cowden box causing us problems.Jimmy rightly brought Darren on and put Robbo into the midfield which helped, and Sean somehow failed to score after Jon had turned and shot which would have taken the pressure right off.

Robbie had a couple of good saves from headers and managed to punch away a few corners in a spell when we couldn't clear the ball from our own half. The keeper deserved his sponsors MOTM, but for me it would have gone to Marcus.Strolled the game until the late pressure, and his surges forward from our area are akin to what we miss from Chopper.

We will lose Fraser soon so Darren will surely feature more in the second half of the season, and we have to keep Kudos and Callum as they are our best attacking options with good pace.

We looked very leaden footed in the midfield until Robbo was put in there, and we got away with it as Livi were so bad.

Sums it up perfectly. Was a bit worried what our line up would be after all the injuries last week but that was just about our best eleven. Don't know what was up with Lewis, he was out of it yesterday, that was a game I would have expected him to do well.

We struggled a bit with Livi's hoofball tactics second half, just as well the didn't have a scorer.

Any news on Chopper? We will miss him even more when Marcus leaves.

We are still in the mix so hopefully the players can take something from the game.

Not the prettiest of performances but the 3 points is what matters here as a few have mentioned.

If we have to play like that to get 3 points then so be it!

We need to get better at keeping possession and passing the ball about better from yesterdays performance.

A great performance from Robbie who thoroughly deserved man of the match

Was also pleasing to see Robbo playing well too.

Onwards and upwards from here and well done to the team for getting the 3 points.

Team selections have been lazy and uncreative. I would say that a manager attending a midweek Championship game when we're not playing is pretty standard and clearly made no fucking difference at all.

Obviously I'm not jenned up on whats happening at Almondvale, the quality of player available, loanees etc. I was at the Livi - Raith game and was surprised out how far your level had dropped, even knowing how McGlynn would take any flair out of the team. McGlynn has his strengths and weaknesses; you can expect total commitment from him (he was acting club janny when we were skint); at the Rangers game he stood for ages outside waiting for his neebur (a player by the looks of him when he eventually arrived) and went thru a terracing turnstile. You dont see that a lot. I'm not defending his football ethos, its not mine. I think he'll steady the ship tho. given time.

PS - I should have agreed with you on his team selections; he has pet players he sticks with thru thick and thin, and is slow to change tactics and players during a game. Murray has inherited the same faults, but even worse.

The players we had on the pitch yesterday were suited to 3-5-2. Fraser, TOB and Wedderburn at the back with Kyle (right) and Kudus (left) as wing backs. Why move so many players out of position to continue with this 4-5-1 that Jimmy calls 4-3-3? Robbo can play right back but is much better in midfield and has been showing some form recently. Higgins NEEDS some support and isn't getting it in the current formation.

We won but that's because Livi are fucking awful!

The players we had on the pitch yesterday were suited to 3-5-2. Fraser, TOB and Wedderburn at the back with Kyle (right) and Kudus (left) as wing backs. Why move so many players out of position to continue with this 4-5-1 that Jimmy calls 4-3-3? Robbo can play right back but is much better in midfield and has been showing some form recently. Higgins NEEDS some support and isn't getting it in the current formation.

We won but that's because Livi are fucking awful!

When i looked at the team sheet i thought the same. Was stunned to then see Miller shifted to the left and Robbo at right back.

Get Gallacher up top. His trickery and Higgins nouse could tear into defences like Greg and Kane did last season. Miller has shown he can defend. Him and Kudus both have the pace to be wing-backs. Miller, Kudus and Gallacher would provide pace up front to worry any defence. Kudus would be the weak link defensively but Nat could help him out on the left. He has the awareness.

I'd prefer Fraser, Brownlie and Nat at the back. Brownlie is better in the air and quicker than TOB.

Any 3 of Robbo, TOB, Marshall and Milne in the middle. I would say Lewis is out of form at the moment so TOB would get the nod with Marshall more forward than he has been.

Archived