Alloa vs Falkirk

Do alloa fans rate Jason marr? I know the guy went of injured today but he was one of the worst right backs I've ever seen in a falkirk jersey I still remember that first half against scumvermine where joe cardle ripped him a new arsehole ....shocking for us..still better than maybury though obviously my heart sank when he came on

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do alloa fans rate Jason marr? I know the guy went of injured today but he was one of the worst right backs I've ever seen in a falkirk jersey I still remember that first half against scumvermine where joe cardle ripped him a new arsehole ....shocking for us..still better than maybury though obviously my heart sank when he came on

He's never played right back for Alloa, he's a central defender and a good one at that.

He came in a double loan deal with mark millar who is apparently a lazy get in training according to houstie but when It comes to game time he's brilliant not what houstie wants though so we have let our best player struggle at Peterhead ?..that sticks in my craw millar is the fulcrum we need right now not tommy fuckin taiwo

On a more serious note the injury situation is getting a bit worrying. Big blow to lose Simmons and Tiff before the game today and then Holmes and Marr during it. With Flannigan and Weatherston already out we're potentially 6 players down with a very heavy fixture list ahead of us. Hopefully we'll have at least some of them back asap. How did Hetherington play? From the twitter updates he seemed to be involved a fair bit.

I was wondering what happened to Tiffers; thought we could've used him to run at their defence, and he's been in good form lately.

I just assumed that he had a hot tip on something else to be chasing after this afternoon :ph34r:

I heart Jason Marr.

Think alloa stood of us in the first 30 & let us play (no reason to do that cause we are shite)

I don't think that was deliberate. I think we just started poorly whereas Falkirk started well and pressed us back. I also think Biabi unsettled us a bit and Falkirk looked more of a handful for our back four with both him and the classy Loy up front.

I thought the balance and attitude of the midfield was very disappointing yesterday, at least until after it was too late. They looked like they wanted to play great balls rather than quick simple ones. Simmy out is a big loss which was exacerbated when Holmer then the excellent Marr got injured.

The plus to set aside these negatives was the return of Greig Spence who looked sharp and complemented Liam (who was quiet, but still managed to win then convert the penalty).

I thought Falkirk played well and deserved the win, even if we contributed to all three soft goals with slack defending. Disappointing but the players will go again.

Alloa set out with a bit of a make-shift team after a number of injuries before the game today, which was worsened with a few injuries throughout the match. Hetherington stepped in to replace Simmons and although he's no Simmy he did a good job in the midfield. Falkirk did deserve the win especially throughout the first half where they were considerably the better team although in the last 15 minutes Alloa stepped up but couldn't find the net. Falkirk's 1st goal could have been prevented if Sparky hadn't commited such a needless foul.

. Falkirk's 1st goal could have been prevented if Sparky hadn't commited such a needless foul.

Just delaying the inevitable as we quickly hit the post and had a stonewall penalty turned down soon after.

Having seen Alloas pen I can't believe we never got ours

Just delaying the inevitable as we quickly hit the post and had a stonewall penalty turned down soon after.

I couldn't see your shout for the pen due to some big baldy b*****d in my way but everyone i was with said yours was a stonewaller.

Was it an Alloa man that tripped him though? There's no doubt he was impeded but I'm not entirely sure it wasn't his own man he went over. I am getting on a bit right enough.

Impressed with how well Falkirk pulled back to defend yesterday, by the way. Forgot to mention that.

Also, how inevitable was it that we would score after the ref had us re-take that free-kick on the right side? :P

Falkirk didnt let us play they worked very hard as a team

We must work harder as a unit not just turn up for 15 mins each half

Two big games for us now Hibs in the Scottish then Rangers in the Semi

We have worked hard as a club over the past 3 years and games like those are what we want

We must work harder as a unit not just turn up for 15 mins each half

Just a thought, but is there a chance that Bazza's game plan is to save energy in the first-half to avoid knackery at the very end?

Needs a bit of work, if so.

Not at all fella he was fuming at the first half display . And am sure the players knew that at the break

Ben Gordon said after the game the players as a group. Where very unhappy with there display

We have to pick ourselfs up and go again vs Hibs

Should have been more comfortable.

I think our decision to sit back in the last 15 minutes was as much down to our lack of confidence as much as Houston changing the shape. He was screaming at the defense to get up the park.

Any way three points.

Next 5 or 6 games will define our season. We have to get closer to QoS in this period if we are to get anywhere near the playoffs.

Interestingly we are only 5 points worse off than last season at the same stage. With Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in the league I would say we are about on a par. Goal difference is a lot worse however.

Archived