Cove on the Move

NorthernLights

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah went up for the pre season a few years ago, the stand had a bit of character from what a remember! Should just replicate it but with small terracing on other 3 sides.

Well Gayfield has maybe 15-20 but obviously loads of space around it on grass etc, Montrose/Shire/Elgin/Berwick/Annan/Brechin/Stranraer/Forfar/Cowden/Ayr/Albion/Alloa/Stenny, maybe even Dunfermlinex don't have official ground parking spaces from what I can remember. Just park in surrounding area and streets.

Look forward to them moving in, good positive move, wonder if the city would lend some support to them if they got promotion...?

United and Dundee have pretty much no nearby parking and certainly nothing official. Neither do Aberdeen, IIRC.

I enjoyed my only visit to the ground at cove but it's impressive to see a club at this level spending on a new ground. It will be interesting to see if they get promoted this year

What ground? They haven't even applied for planning permission yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's a pretty sunny looking image of Links Park, Montrose.

The sun always shines on Links Park don't you know.

In fairness it looks like a lot of lower league and English non league grounds. Bit soulless but better than having no ground I guess.

Grass or 4G?

The sun always shines on Links Park don't you know.

In fairness it looks like a lot of lower league and English non league grounds. Bit soulless but better than having no ground I guess.

Grass or 4G?

Article suggests artificial surface.

• 2 months later...

Any news on when construction at Calder Park will start?

They put a planning application in last November, but they only put in an application to develop the land their old ground was on in March. I don't think they'll be able to start work on the new ground till they're guaranteed  money from the old one. The A96 will probably be dualled before they build it.  :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived