• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
NorthernLights

Cove on the Move

When I was googling about this a few days back I saw a P&J/Evening Express article in which Banks O'Dee, Huntly and Inverurie Locos had all been contacted by a journalist after Cove claimed they had a lease deal already lined up (they must have contingency plans in place because they will lose their HL spot at the end of the season if they don't achieve entry level) and denied it was them. That only leaves Formartine at HL level in the immediate vicinity of Aberdeen.

When I was googling about this a few days back I saw a P&J/Evening Express article in which Banks O'Dee, Huntly and Inverurie Locos had all been contacted by a journalist after Cove claimed they had a lease deal already lined up (they must have contingency plans in place because they will lose their HL spot at the end of the season if they don't achieve entry level) and denied it was them. That only leaves Formartine at HL level in the immediate vicinity of Aberdeen.

Wonder why the journo didn't just call up them all?

No real clues here, except from the manager saying "I'm pretty sure we'll be playing in the Highland League next season." I'm probably reading too much into his lack of certainty..

Banks o'Dee is the really obvious shout, it's even got 3G so no problem with wear-n-tear issues... but chat on FitbaNorth is that they hate Cove's guts over their rejection from HL a few years ago, when Banks were the stick-on candidate, so no-one seems to think that'll happen. But who knows. Pay enough and they might agree.

Or they could tell Cove to f**k off, knowing they'd lose their place in the league (no "year out" like in the Juniors allowed) & the HL would be forced to get a last minute compliant replacement - of which only Banks O'Dee meets the requirements. Clubs facing the prospect of two costly fallow weeks in a season (potentially more if they got a cup-tie bye) would have little choice but to accept.

Cove will surely go somewhere in the 'shire, or even Angus, if they have to - but clearly they'd rather not. That doesn't get Banks into HL, so I simply postulate they may value a healthy income over refusing sharing on principle. But who knows.

Cove will surely go somewhere in the 'shire, or even Angus, if they have to - but clearly they'd rather not. That doesn't get Banks into HL, so I simply postulate they may value a healthy income over refusing sharing on principle. But who knows.

If Elgin are relegated and the LL club is promoted, it could mean two ten team HL's next season with Banks joining

Edited by Marr1

If Elgin are relegated and the LL club is promoted, it could mean two ten team HL's next season with Banks joining

in this scenario I wonder if cove would even need to move? surely playing in HL2 for a year without licencing requirements would be better then sharing with Montrose

Suppose it'd depend how quickly they want to (and realistically expect they can) win HL, to try to ascend to SPFL2?

Doing that would avoid groundsharing, but would mean 'losing' a year climbing back out of tier 6.

Sorry but why can't Cove get a club license for next year and still play at Allan Park? Do they not have enough seats?

Only if they were prepared to give other clubs dispensation too, presumably.

HL/LL clubs have had 2yrs to get licensed, and HL entered licensing before that.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Sorry but why can't Cove get a club license for next year and still play at Allan Park? Do they not have enough seats?

Not sure they have any seats for paying punters? Isn't their 'stand' just a big executive box behind glass?

But as HJ says, the ground in general is not up to the standards required, pitch itself being too small for starters.

You don't need seats for entry level, only cover for 100. They have an enclosure opposite the executive box thing so think they would be OK on that if they had the space available to sort out their pitch. Their chairman is in line to be the next SFA president by all accounts, so presumably they know what they are doing on this.

A good friend of mine played for Cove Rangers about 7 years ago.

That's all I have to say on this matter.

You don't need seats for entry level, only cover for 100. They have an enclosure opposite the executive box thing so think they would be OK on that if they had the space available to sort out their pitch. Their chairman is in line to be the next SFA president by all accounts, so presumably they know what they are doing on this.

The lack of seats (i.e. none) is not the issue - it is the pitch size and they don't have the room to expand.

Not sure they have any seats for paying punters? Isn't their 'stand' just a big executive box behind glass?

But as HJ says, the ground in general is not up to the standards required, pitch itself being too small for starters.

The lack of seats (i.e. none) is not the issue - it is the pitch size and they don't have the room to expand.

...which is part of what I just wrote. Do you bother to read the posts before hitting reply?

Next time LTL you decide to take out your Monday evening bad mood on one of the more polite posters on P&B, you may want to read the posts yourself before hitting reply.

Jamie had already stated in the post you initially replied to that the size of the pitch & lack of expansion room was the reason for the move because they could never get the desired licence at Allan Park.

All Jamie was doing in reply to your second post that seems to have upset you was politely dismissing the seating issue as an irrelevance anyway as to the reason for Cove Rangers' move.

One more word out of you and I'm telling Santa you've been naughty.