Cove on the Move

NorthernLights

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stewart Milne were going to build Cove a new ground as part of the proposed Aberdeen Training Complex at Calder Park, but I think planning was refused a year or so back. In return Stewart Milne were looking to build around 60 houses/flats on Allan Park. Looks like they've gone ahead with an application for a new stadium for Cove on it's own, not as part of an Aberdeen FC training complex.

• 4 weeks later...

Stewart Milne were going to build Cove a new ground as part of the proposed Aberdeen Training Complex at Calder Park, but I think planning was refused a year or so back. In return Stewart Milne were looking to build around 60 houses/flats on Allan Park. Looks like they've gone ahead with an application for a new stadium for Cove on it's own, not as part of an Aberdeen FC training complex.

Riveting. How can you stand the excitement?

Next time LTL you decide to take out your Monday evening bad mood on one of the more polite posters on P&B, you may want to read the posts yourself before hitting reply.

Jamie had already stated in the post you initially replied to that the size of the pitch & lack of expansion room was the reason for the move because they could never get the desired licence at Allan Park.

All Jamie was doing in reply to your second post that seems to have upset you was politely dismissing the seating issue as an irrelevance anyway as to the reason for Cove Rangers' move.

One more word out of you and I'm telling Santa you've been naughty.

Santa won't give a feck.

• 2 months later...

Their new ground will be in the middle of nowhere. People might have made the effort to watch Aberdeen play in that area, but how many will make the trek for a Highland League game?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Calder+Park+Redmoss/@57.1066397,-2.101941,2356m/

If there's any footpath or pavements then it'll be an improvement on Formartine's ground from Pitmedden.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at the Google map I noticed there is plenty of land between the current ground and the railway line. Looks ideal for a new ground or has it been earmarked for another use. Would be ideal for a new rail halt serving the industrial estate, the new Aberdeen stadium and the village.

I posted on FitbaNorth that people's view of the arrangements will depend heavily on what the 'terms' actually are. Extreme #1, where they play almost all their games at Banks o'Dee and only call upon the other venues in the event of an occasional clash, is very different from Extreme #2 where they're skipping about from venue to venue every fortnight in what I termed a "travelling circus".

Former option would seem the most sensible. However posters on FitbaNorth are suggesting that the Juniors won't work their fixtures around Cove, or the finance for their 3G pitch means it has to be used by Banks o'Dee youth teams when their first-team is away, with a suggestion that Cove can only play there on Friday nights (requiring opponents agreement).

Archived