Cove on the Move

NorthernLights

When I was googling about this a few days back I saw a P&J/Evening Express article in which Banks O'Dee, Huntly and Inverurie Locos had all been contacted by a journalist after Cove claimed they had a lease deal already lined up (they must have contingency plans in place because they will lose their HL spot at the end of the season if they don't achieve entry level) and denied it was them. That only leaves Formartine at HL level in the immediate vicinity of Aberdeen.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was googling about this a few days back I saw a P&J/Evening Express article in which Banks O'Dee, Huntly and Inverurie Locos had all been contacted by a journalist after Cove claimed they had a lease deal already lined up (they must have contingency plans in place because they will lose their HL spot at the end of the season if they don't achieve entry level) and denied it was them. That only leaves Formartine at HL level in the immediate vicinity of Aberdeen.

Wonder why the journo didn't just call up them all?

Banks o'Dee is the really obvious shout, it's even got 3G so no problem with wear-n-tear issues... but chat on FitbaNorth is that they hate Cove's guts over their rejection from HL a few years ago, when Banks were the stick-on candidate, so no-one seems to think that'll happen. But who knows. Pay enough and they might agree.

Or they could tell Cove to f**k off, knowing they'd lose their place in the league (no "year out" like in the Juniors allowed) & the HL would be forced to get a last minute compliant replacement - of which only Banks O'Dee meets the requirements. Clubs facing the prospect of two costly fallow weeks in a season (potentially more if they got a cup-tie bye) would have little choice but to accept.

Cove will surely go somewhere in the 'shire, or even Angus, if they have to - but clearly they'd rather not. That doesn't get Banks into HL, so I simply postulate they may value a healthy income over refusing sharing on principle. But who knows.

Cove will surely go somewhere in the 'shire, or even Angus, if they have to - but clearly they'd rather not. That doesn't get Banks into HL, so I simply postulate they may value a healthy income over refusing sharing on principle. But who knows.

If Elgin are relegated and the LL club is promoted, it could mean two ten team HL's next season with Banks joining

If Elgin are relegated and the LL club is promoted, it could mean two ten team HL's next season with Banks joining

in this scenario I wonder if cove would even need to move? surely playing in HL2 for a year without licencing requirements would be better then sharing with Montrose

Sorry but why can't Cove get a club license for next year and still play at Allan Park? Do they not have enough seats?

Not sure they have any seats for paying punters? Isn't their 'stand' just a big executive box behind glass?

But as HJ says, the ground in general is not up to the standards required, pitch itself being too small for starters.

You don't need seats for entry level, only cover for 100. They have an enclosure opposite the executive box thing so think they would be OK on that if they had the space available to sort out their pitch. Their chairman is in line to be the next SFA president by all accounts, so presumably they know what they are doing on this.

You don't need seats for entry level, only cover for 100. They have an enclosure opposite the executive box thing so think they would be OK on that if they had the space available to sort out their pitch. Their chairman is in line to be the next SFA president by all accounts, so presumably they know what they are doing on this.

The lack of seats (i.e. none) is not the issue - it is the pitch size and they don't have the room to expand.

Not sure they have any seats for paying punters? Isn't their 'stand' just a big executive box behind glass?

But as HJ says, the ground in general is not up to the standards required, pitch itself being too small for starters.

The lack of seats (i.e. none) is not the issue - it is the pitch size and they don't have the room to expand.

...which is part of what I just wrote. Do you bother to read the posts before hitting reply?

Next time LTL you decide to take out your Monday evening bad mood on one of the more polite posters on P&B, you may want to read the posts yourself before hitting reply.

Jamie had already stated in the post you initially replied to that the size of the pitch & lack of expansion room was the reason for the move because they could never get the desired licence at Allan Park.

All Jamie was doing in reply to your second post that seems to have upset you was politely dismissing the seating issue as an irrelevance anyway as to the reason for Cove Rangers' move.

One more word out of you and I'm telling Santa you've been naughty.

Archived