Cove on the Move

NorthernLights

Might be a good bet for the Fort, Wick and Brora games?

Tbf, few HL grounds are further from Keith than Cove.

Keith must be last resort surely? 50 mile treck for a home game no thanks.

That's what I've got! Think nothing of it tbh, even by public transport via Montrose.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump. Homeless Cove's home schedule 2015-16:

https://twitter.com/CoveRangersFC/status/614428373541126144

Friday night games at Banks o'Dee
Fri 7 Aug - Keith
Fri 6 Nov - Turriff
Fri 20 Nov - Huntly

Saturday games at Banks o'Dee
Sat 2 Jan - Inverurie (presumably North Juniors on Christmas break)

Saturday games at Inverurie
Sat 25 Jul - Buckie
Sat 22 Aug - Brora
Sat 17 Oct - Lossiemouth
Sat 31 Oct - Rothes
Sat 5 Dec - Strathspey
Sat 13 Feb - Formartine
Sat 19 Mar - Fort William

Saturday games at Formartine
Sat 5 Sep - Fraserburgh
Sat 12 Sep - Clachnacuddin
Sat 3 Oct - Nairn
Sat 19 Dec - Forres
Sat 16 Jan - Wick
Sat 30 Jan - Deveronvale

Saturday games at Keith
none

• 4 months later...

In the press and journal today,there's a piece in the sports section bout Cove Rangers proposed new stadium at Calder Park.Plan's are for 300 seats,floodlights and a 4G playing surface.

Does it mention a start date for building it?

Does it mention a start date for building it?

Naw wb,just something bout a new high school being built in the same location but Coves chairman Keith Moorhouse saying regardless of that happening they want to push the project on. I think the new school will eventually get use of the playing surface.

This is the P&J story - https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/748011/north-east-football-club-lodges-early-plans-lodged-for-new-stadium/

“It’s too early to put any formal timetables on the development, the last thing I want to do is falsely raise anyone’s expectations.

“But clearly there’s an urgency on our part to get something in place as soon as possible, and we’ll be doing everything we can to move this process forward.”

Have Cove actually got the funding for this? I expect they got a reasonable price for Allan Park, but it's not a massive site. I suppose if they've some agreement for a 'communuty stadium' then that will unlock some fundung. I can't see them in by next season though.

• 1 month later...

Concern over parking spaces? Lots of lower league clubs with 100 parking spaces or less off the top of my head. Any plans for the actual ground itself available to see? I'd like to see Cove come up, be a good away day.

Concern over parking spaces? Lots of lower league clubs with 100 parking spaces or less off the top of my head. Any plans for the actual ground itself available to see? I'd like to see Cove come up, be a good away day.

You might get relegated, would that still be a good away day?

Are Cove excluded from Promotion this season?

Good question, which I don't know the answer to.

Maybe HJ knows - I would guess they wouldn't be, seeing as how there are already teams groundsharing in the SPFL.

You might get relegated, would that still be a good away day?

Not a chance we will get relegated, ever. This is the lowest of the low for the past 20 year and we only look set to finish outside the promotion play offs.

Eta: but aye it probably would be a cracking away day, no train station but a taxi from Portlethen wouldn't be too costly.

Yea, not sure about the concerns about parking. Their last ground had barely any parking, there was a small space outside the social club but you'd struggle to park more then 10 cars. Maybe the fact that this will be more of a community facility is behind the concerns but I think 100 car spaces is enough.

The only picture I've seen is this one which only shows a single stand...

26465-artists-impression-of-cove-rangers

Clach have about 6 and room for a coach.

Yea, not sure about the concerns about parking. Their last ground had barely any parking, there was a small space outside the social club but you'd struggle to park more then 10 cars. Maybe the fact that this will be more of a community facility is behind the concerns but I think 100 car spaces is enough.

The only picture I've seen is this one which only shows a single stand...

26465-artists-impression-of-cove-rangers

Yeah went up for the pre season a few years ago, the stand had a bit of character from what a remember! Should just replicate it but with small terracing on other 3 sides.

Well Gayfield has maybe 15-20 but obviously loads of space around it on grass etc, Montrose/Shire/Elgin/Berwick/Annan/Brechin/Stranraer/Forfar/Cowden/Ayr/Albion/Alloa/Stenny, maybe even Dunfermlinex don't have official ground parking spaces from what I can remember. Just park in surrounding area and streets.

Look forward to them moving in, good positive move, wonder if the city would lend some support to them if they got promotion...?

Archived