What jobs/careers are out there

Mr Romanov

Sitting in a pishy office bored of my job thinking I need to get out of here and do something different.

I have goals for the future but a few years doing something different really appeals to me. Maybe working outside or at least away from the mundane office lifestyle.

I have an honours degree in Social Science (waste of time sob) and years of office experience.

Anyone on here do anything interesting?

I need inspiration P & B!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting in a pishy office bored of my job thinking I need to get out of here and do something different.

I have goals for the future but a few years doing something different really appeals to me. Maybe working outside or at least away from the mundane office lifestyle.

I have an honours degree in Social Science (waste of time sob) and years of office experience.

Seen as you've got a weee bit o time on your hands it might be to your advantage if you can hold out for a weee while longer there may well be a job soon to be vacant which involves working outside and with your degree in Social Science it could be made for you it has the best salary in it's field and involves some office work it's right up your street all applications to be sent to a Mr Ashley c/o Newcastle Football club go for it you have nothing to lose. 8)

Nae comedians on here then clearly 8)

Just fed up of the 9-5 grind man. It's fucking shite.

The oil is almost impossible to get into, no? The shift patterns do appeal to me, so does the £££ obviously.

You need too many ho ho ho levels for that job.

Do you absolutely have to stay in Scotland? I teach English abroad and I love it. I'm only 23 and I've already lived in 3 different countries.

You don't need qualifications although they will help in landing your first job. They're easy enough to get though.

The money isn't exactly amazing but it's good enough if you don't have too many responsibilities and the hours are great.

Plus you get to see other places and that.

Do you absolutely have to stay in Scotland? I teach English abroad and I love it. I'm only 23 and I've already lived in 3 different countries.

You don't need qualifications although they will help in landing your first job. They're easy enough to get though.

The money isn't exactly amazing but it's good enough if you don't have too many responsibilities and the hours are great.

Plus you get to see other places and that.

Looking into it and considered it strongly, but I am in a steady relationship at the moment so it's on the back burner.

As soon as she realises how pathetic my love making is and finishes with me, I'll be right on it man.

Nae comedians on here then clearly 8)

Just fed up of the 9-5 grind man. It's fucking shite.

The oil is almost impossible to get into, no? The shift patterns do appeal to me, so does the £££ obviously.

Going by a couple of duds that I know from my younger years Id say recruitment is pretty relaxed.

Whatever you do don't join the police,it's utterly shite and no matter what the adverts on the radio say it's a terrible job (advert says you can have a career in mountain rescue,lot of shite you can't). I'm thinking about getting into business for myself, there's something about not answering to anyone but yourself that appeals.

What's the average day like as a polis?

Archived