Queens Park v Albion Rovers 22/11/14

What do we predict as the outcome of this game,both teams on a run of form and previous games close although we lost.

I see it being a great game but who will win ?.

Queens Park will be seeking revenge and will be geared up for this,but Albion will be looking to push ahead of Queens Park in the League Table. :rolleyes:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After gaining important ground on the title favourites we should be on a high but while Darren Young's team are beginning to earn my confidence, we're not immune from slipping up. We're now a third of the way into the season and Rovers have lost the fewest games in the league, which is significant, but a defeat still never seems far away. It's also interesting that we've only conceded two goals away from home in the league, and that we're yet to lose on plastic this season.

Even still, Queen's Park gave us a good game at our place and since that game their league form has been world class- they've dropped points only once, drawing away at East Fife, but while the law of League 2 says that run can't continue much longer, and a win (and 5-goal swing) could see us go top, a draw, and a continuation of our own 7-game unbeaten run will be good enough for me.

Whatever happens, it promises to be another afternoon of Hitchcockian suspense in League 2. An exciting time for both clubs.

We need to handle Big Gemmell a lot better than we did in the cup tie but apart from him there wasn't really anything between the sides, could certainly go either way.

Missed both of our recent away victories so really looking forward to this one already! They are the only side that have managed to beat us since we found our feet so victory here could be massive.

If Rovers manage a third win in succession over a close rival then they will have a big mental edge over us when it comes to the crunch games.

We need to handle Big Gemmell a lot better than we did in the cup tie but apart from him there wasn't really anything between the sides, could certainly go either way.

Missed both of our recent away victories so really looking forward to this one already! They are the only side that have managed to beat us since we found our feet so victory here could be massive.

If Rovers manage a third win in succession over a close rival then they will have a big mental edge over us when it comes to the crunch games.

Only Queens Park have the mental edge and will prove it on Saturday :rolleyes:

Ah, thanks for the info. A shame as he appeared to be doing quite well. Glad to see his absence hasn't affected the team too much though.

He did really well for us and looks like he could come on to be decent in the top league.

Onto tomorrow's game......with big Gemmell, you either get him on his game and he's very good at this level, or he's a moaning big p***k who stands and shouts at his team mates and is worse than a man down. I guess that he'll get stiffened early on and we'll see how he reacts to that.

Up at Gayfield, I'm torn between having the Bully Wee winning and giving us the chance to go top (totally unthinkable for almost all of the past year), or the Lichties winning and we can all tune into the latest Clyde meltdown on P & B. It's almost a win-win situation.

In the important countdown to returning to the warming bosum of Hampden, it's 3 more home games and we're back....praise the Lord!

Another spirited showing from the Rovers against tricky opposition. At the halfway point it seemed to me like a stalemate was on the cards, and there's a case to be made that Queen's Park edged the first half, but while some of their individuals played very well, the better team deservedly won.

Queen's were threatening for most of the match but wasted a great number of chances- and on that basis they didn't deserve anything. Former-Spider Neil Parry had an excellent game keeping goal, including another phenomenal wonder-save, low to his left at 0-0, and although Queen's created plenty of good chances, Parry's back four were all first rate. Every member of our midfield worked very hard for the win, and although John Gemmell's afternoon wasn't as electric as a week ago, as Bold rightly pointed out post-match- even when he's not performing, everyone else plays better when Gemmell's in the team.

My favourite thing about this Rovers side is that they score brilliant goals, and today's winner was no exception- step forward the outstanding Mr. Chaplain, who's hitting his prime form, and Marc McKenzie on another vital contribution to the title challenge.

Once again I'm full of praise to our manager, who in 5 months in the job has put together a professional, motivated and well-organised Rovers side with character and team spirit (and plays my favourite formation). We're playing like a bunch of winners. Congrats also to Airdrieonian Sandy Clark, whom I credit for three wins at Broomfield in the space of 4 months.

Next week's game is interesting- the Cup performance last year was a huge thing for us but it's safe to say it put two bullets in our league campaign. While two last-16 cup runs would no doubt grab the headlines, I'm going to be philosophical and say that next weekend would be an acceptable time for our unbeaten run to come to an end. A few extra midweek Winter league fixtures could be the difference between legendary, history-making Champions and play-off also-rans.

Next week's game is interesting- the Cup performance last year was a huge thing for us but it's safe to say it put two bullets in our league campaign. While two last-16 cup runs would no doubt grab the headlines, I'm going to be philosophical and say that next weekend would be an acceptable time for our unbeaten run to come to an end. A few extra midweek Winter league fixtures could be the difference between legendary, history-making Champions and play-off also-rans.

I would hope we could progress past this round again. Agree that the championship must be our priority but I think the squad depth and individual quality in key positions is stronger than last year. Let's not wish for a defeat in any competition.

Archived