The Missing - BBC1

Clarkston5

1 minute ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Brilliant finale. 

The Missing is one of the best drama's i've seen for a long time.

You're right about the ending.  It dipped a touch in the middle and may have made 6 stonking episodes but it was great telly.  Great acting, too.

I've come to this pretty late. I started watching season one last Thursday and thought it was incredible. Hooked from the start. When I mentioned on Facebook how good it was, most people told me season two was better. That was hard to believe at the time, but they were absolutely right. I'd binged up to the penultimate episode last night, ready for the finale tonight and it didn't disappoint. The one thing that sat just a little uncomfortably was the remarkable good fortune to bump into Waiter Exposition, but I forgive it that slight mis-step in an instant. Great writing. Perfect acting. Remarkable stuff.

14 hours ago, MSU said:

I've come to this pretty late. I started watching season one last Thursday and thought it was incredible. Hooked from the start. When I mentioned on Facebook how good it was, most people told me season two was better. That was hard to believe at the time, but they were absolutely right. I'd binged up to the penultimate episode last night, ready for the finale tonight and it didn't disappoint. The one thing that sat just a little uncomfortably was the remarkable good fortune to bump into Waiter Exposition, but I forgive it that slight mis-step in an instant. Great writing. Perfect acting. Remarkable stuff.

Didn't really bother me. It seemed like a small place and they could have asked around with the same result.

An excellent series.

4 minutes ago, Bearwithme said:

Didn't really bother me. It seemed like a small place and they could have asked around with the same result.

An excellent series.

Yeah, I hears ya. And they show them asking around town beforehand and maybe having that bringing results would've been too easy and unsatisfying and so they needed another step in there because plot. 

On 12/3/2016 at 05:06, Eye Valley said:

What do you reckon the army wifey did with her alleged dementia suffering dad? Hand him in?

Probably. I think we were supposed to infer that she didn't trust her father any longer. Baptiste told her that her dad wasn't the man she thought he was, and he was right about everything else.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
23 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

2 year bump but worth it if this series is as good as the last ones

Started 9pm tonight 

4 hours ago, alang1993 said:

All episodes available on iPlayer/on demand (only just realised. I'm glad though, hate having to wait weekly 😂)

Baptiste, I take it you both mean? Not The Missing?

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Baptiste, I take it you both mean? Not The Missing?

Yeah, baptiste was obviously the follow on as you probs know, saved starting a new thread when they are essentially linked by the main character anyway

Although a missing sequel would be good