the mighty Berwick Rangers v the rookies Annan Athletic

Professional performance and a win that we needed. Some fantastic individual performances but more importantly we looked better as a team. A clean sheet for the defence is nice and I'm sure Jacobs & Fairbairn will retain their places for next week's tie after that.

Given he gets a bit of stick I'd reserve praise for Paul Willis. I thought he was fantastic yesterday, my personal Man of the Match. Time and again he brought the ball out of defence and sparked endless counter attacks.

Dargo was ace again too. The move for our first goal was brilliant, Lavery's run was spot on. Lee Currie's finish was an absolute ping too.

Good win and hopefully we can build on it!

Fair comment on Willis. Drifted out of too many games, but yesterday he was excellent. Not MoM though - Kerr Young for me. Also, I hope CC makes the link between a more solid defensive display and Notman in midfield. His defensive nous is invaluable in centre mid, and when Dargo started dropping deeper to pick up the ball it all really came together

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitchell without doubt the only Annan player who was decent on the day.

Off the park.... You would think charging £12 to get into that muddy hole that they could at least switch some bloody lights on in the stand. Sat in complete darkness second half only for them to turns the lights on for the final whistle! Is this saving money? Are things that tight? Surely it's against safety regulations

That's what happens at Gayfield to what's the problem, lights on at half time and full time and off during the match. What's the problem? What were you needing lights on for?

Mitchell without doubt the only Annan player who was decent on the day.

Off the park.... You would think charging £12 to get into that muddy hole that they could at least switch some bloody lights on in the stand. Sat in complete darkness second half only for them to turns the lights on for the final whistle! Is this saving money? Are things that tight? Surely it's against safety regulations

:lol::lol: i like it,you scared of the dark.

That's what happens at Gayfield to what's the problem, lights on at half time and full time and off during the match. What's the problem? What were you needing lights on for?

Just thought it would be standard safety procedure for anybody exiting or gan to the bogs when steps are involved.

Yes we were that bad, maybe would've been better switching the floodlights off.

Next time just get a big spotlight to follow the ball around, that'll really be like the theatre !!!

Make sure you bring some aerodynamic bog roll for the Chavvy Annan junior elite. Tad embarrassing for them attempting to throw it on the pitch and not even getting it out of the stand.

Liked the fact they went to the very end of the main stand as far away from the Ducket as possible and then started singing anti-Berwick songs :thumsup2

Liked the fact they went to the very end of the main stand as far away from the Ducket as possible and then started singing anti-Berwick songs :thumsup2

Hiding in the black dark of the Main Stand too?

Good to see us finally getting what we deserved from a game we dominated from start to finish. 18 shots v 2, & 55% possession tell their own story against an absolutely powderpuff Annan. Says a lot for our revamped defence that they kept the likes of Todd, Weatherston and Hopkirk quiet to the point of invisibility. All Annan offfered was a bit of pace on the break and some excellent goalkeeping from Mitchell, but overall they were mince. Surprising.

Andrews won't have a quieter afternoon all season, while Young and Fairbairn looked like our most effective centre-back partnership to date. Drummond offers a whole new attacking dimension and it was his scything run to the byline that set up Lee Currie for a thumping left foot finish. Stevie Notman brought some real nous to the central midfield, and Paul Willis had his best game yet in the black and gold with some excellent driving runs at the visiting defence. Up top, the Lavery/Dargo partnership gets better every week, and it was interesting to read Lav talking up the benefits of working with a player of Dargo's class.

Saturday's victory mens we've won 3 out of our last 4 games. Notwithstanding the East Fife giveaway, there's a bit of momentum starting to build.

There average age is about 12...top lads tho, hert beat of the club they are there every night

Archived