Hampden Park 1999 - ITV News

mjhw

Hi all,

I'm a sports producer from ITV News. We're in Glasgow looking ahead to the Scotland/England game on Tuesday. Obviously quite a historic event as first time the two sides will face each other on Scottish soil since Euro 2000 qualifier at Hampden Park in 1999.

We'd really like to speak to any Scottish fans who were at the game and then in the city centre afterwards. Would be good to hear a personal perspective on what went on after the match.

Give me a shout if you might be interested.

Cheers!

Pathetic if people in the media want to dredge a hooliganism angle up. The real reason this fixture isn't played so often now is that the FA think they can make more money elsewhere. The SFA should never have helped them to axe the Home Internationals and replace it with the Rous Cup.

Hi all,

I'm a sports producer from ITV News. We're in Glasgow looking ahead to the Scotland/England game on Tuesday. Obviously quite a historic event as first time the two sides will face each other on Scottish soil since Euro 2000 qualifier at Hampden Park in 1999.We'd really like to speak to any Scottish fans who were at the game and then in the city centre afterwards. Would be good to hear a personal perspective on what went on after the match.

Cheers!

I was only 8 at the time but I'll gladly tell you what happened.

I went toe to toe with the hardest cants England had to offer and smashed them all over the shop and then teabagged them.

made ye look ya journo c**t

(Copyrighted by me before Green Street stole it)

f**k off :)

as a 5 year old weegie , it was the night I was first introduced to buckfast , class A drugs and engaged in mindless violence. I charged up and down buchanan street fill ae it and glasgow kissing anybody with a slightly southern accent. school was a b*****d the next morning.

as a 5 year old weegie , it was the night I was first introduced to buckfast , class A drugs and engaged in mindless violence. I charged up and down buchanan street fill ae it and glasgow kissing anybody with a slightly southern accent. school was a b*****d the next morning.

All perfectly plausible, until you blew it with your last sentence.

The game was on a Saturday. :P

Hi all,

I'm a sports producer from ITV News. We're in Glasgow looking ahead to the Scotland/England game on Tuesday. Obviously quite a historic event as first time the two sides will face each other on Scottish soil since Euro 2000 qualifier at Hampden Park in 1999.

We'd really like to speak to any Scottish fans who were at the game and then in the city centre afterwards. Would be good to hear a personal perspective on what went on after the match.

Cheers!

You must be gutted. All you got were some anti terrorist chants.

Archived