Partick Thistle Vs Aberdeen. On 'eh tele.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?

How much was you allocation, how many spaces are therefore left in the main stand for PATG?

any of the Thistle loons ken if the 15 quid is the walk up price too? four of us been debating making the trip down and the ticket savings would have paid the fuel just dandy, didnt realise we would sell the allocation, it cant have been that big an allocation shirley

Will watch this one on the telly I think. Two trips to Glasgow for the Scotland games have left me skint and very bored of Queen Street station.

Should be able to get three points here. Probably won't be a very good game though. 1 goal in it, 2-1 Dons with McGinn scoring for the first time since the dinosaurs roamed the earth

Not able to make this one tomorrow but would have been there today. No Logan means Jack going to right back I would think which will leave us short in midfield. Reverting to 1 up front has made us more solid at the back however we are back to not creating chances. Can see it being a tight game as a result with Dons edging it 1-0.

Looks like everyone who was doubtful for us is fit, if so I'd stick with my original plan of

Fox

O'Donnell-Frans-Seaborne-Bannigan

Fraser-Osman

Lawless-Higginbotham-Elliott

Doolan

with the 3 behind Dools swapping about. If we play Carroll at left back and just hump balls to Stevenson then we'll definitely lose. We might well do with that line up but it should in theory cause them more problems defensively.

Be interesting to see how Frans gets on in his first real test - St Mirren/St Johnstone were absolute mince. I'm worried if Carroll starts and is against someone like McGinn, but think our defence should match up better this time and hopefully Bannigan is picked their ahead of him. Carroll's awful positional sense should leave them lots of space down that wing if he does play.

Quite like the above team because I don't think Elliott deserves dropped after two in two, and we'd all rather Higgy started. It also solves the problem of not getting anyone close enough to Doolan.

Be interesting to see how Frans gets on in his first real test - St Mirren/St Johnstone were absolute mince. I'm worried if Carroll starts and is against someone like McGinn, but think our defence should match up better this time and hopefully Bannigan is picked their ahead of him. Carroll's awful positional sense should leave them lots of space down that wing if he does play.

Quite like the above team because I don't think Elliott deserves dropped after two in two, and we'd all rather Higgy started. It also solves the problem of not getting anyone close enough to Doolan.

Also, Aberdeen don't have any proper full backs for this game with Logan suspended so folk running at them down the flanks is probably our best bet. Agree about Frans, if he looks like he can cut it against a decent Aberdeen team then we really should be trying to get his signed up beyond January to avoid a Daniele Chiarini situation.

Let's not kid ourselves on here, Frans is fucking light years ahead of Balatoni. We need him if we are to avoid a relegation fight and possibly improve on last season's finish.

If he left to go to some other club in January because the club faffed about I'd be well pissed off.

Archived