Partick Thistle Vs Aberdeen. On 'eh tele.

So this game is the Scottish equivalent of "Super Sunday" despite nobody giving a shit probably about it bar those attending.

Fraser has to start as I'd imagine he must be back to 100%, also hoping for the return of Higgy. We've done surprisingly ok in his absence but I for one can't wait to see him back. Aberdeen will obviously go in as favourites but they also did against us last time at Firhill in February, a result I'm still celebrating.

2-0 to Aberdeen is my guess.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Higginbotham is definitely a match winner, but my worry is we become to reliant on him. More of a team effort without him and we've proved we can get results in his absence. Definitely bring Fraser in, for Craigen. And with Seabourne and Frans at the back we should be a stiffer problem for Dons strikers this time. Going for a 1-1 draw.

The only time we've looked competent vs Aberdeen since we came up was the one game we played Lyle Taylor and he destroyed Anderson, scored 2 and should have scored 4 or 5. Every other game against them we've hardly threatened and been handily beaten. I'd be trying to get as much pace in the attack as possible for this one. Should be a decent test of our new CB partnership as well.

I'm sure I read McMillan is suspended for this, if so I'd be tempted to play Bannigan at left back ahead of Carroll which would allow Fraser to come into the midfield.

Sunday games suck a massive bucket of penises though.

6 bookings already- good work Jordo. Or not. I'd imagine we'd be at the wrong end of the cards given chart, every week we seem to pick up more cards than the opposition.

edit: we are indeed. Bunch of animals. Though that says McMillan has only picked up 5 bookings- have the rules changed or have the stats missed one?

Also odd looking at that suspension list- David Rowson and Gavin Rae have both retired, are their names going to stay on that forever?

Pretty sure my Airdrie supporting mate said BRE has picked up a few too many this season aswell, Thistle are mental.

Since he signed for us (and went straight to Airdrie, did not pass go, did not collect £200), Airdrie have had 11 league games (he has not featured in any of their scottish cup games (2 games v Morton), signalling we don't want him cup-tied).

Of the 11 league games he's been with them, he has played in 10. He missed one league game due to being suspended.

His stats are played 10. Booked in 7. Yesterday was a rare no yellow day for BRE. Not good enough.

I think we'll get a draw from this one. In fact, with Frans and Seaborne at the back you could argue we'll never lose again.

I'm absolutely skint so will probably watch this one on the TV. I've only made 5 matches this season, and only 2 at Firhill. :(

6 bookings already- good work Jordo. Or not. I'd imagine we'd be at the wrong end of the cards given chart, every week we seem to pick up more cards than the opposition.

edit: we are indeed. Bunch of animals. Though that says McMillan has only picked up 5 bookings- have the rules changed or have the stats missed one?

Also odd looking at that suspension list- David Rowson and Gavin Rae have both retired, are their names going to stay on that forever?

I think the names disappear from that list eventually, there was a few on it for most of last season who just were removed and I imagine the SFA just keep a record in case they return to football.

SLJ mentioned that McMillan has 6 if you include the cups I think but I didn't realise they counted.

I think people have just invented the idea that we're reliant on Higginbotham. We've done just fine without him and even against the likes of ICT and Ross County he hardly dragged us to victory. On the evidence so far if we're reliant on anyone it's Seaborne. Probably Osman too but thankfully he's always been available.

I think the names disappear from that list eventually, there was a few on it for most of last season who just were removed and I imagine the SFA just keep a record in case they return to football.

SLJ mentioned that McMillan has 6 if you include the cups I think but I didn't realise they counted.

Myself, and that stats site, were wrong. McMillan has 6 bookings in the league namely - 16th August v Dundee, 19th Sept v St. Mirren, 4th October v Motherwell, 18th October v Dundee Utd, 25th October v St. J, 1st November v Hamilton Accies

Pretty sure my Airdrie supporting mate said BRE has picked up a few too many this season aswell, Thistle are mental.

It appears BRE will be spending his Saturday serving a suspension as well!

Myself, and that stats site, were wrong. McMillan has 6 bookings in the league namely - 16th August v Dundee, 19th Sept v St. Mirren, 4th October v Motherwell, 18th October v Dundee Utd, 25th October v St. J, 1st November v Hamilton Accies

Soccerbase is always my go-to page for stats: http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=46215.

Ah, even the SPFL's own site and the BBC have attributed his booking to Seaborne in the Motherwell game.

Soccerbase should be amazing, but it's shite. It still has Christie Elliott listed as a goalkeeper

I'm sure I read McMillan is suspended for this, if so I'd be tempted to play Bannigan at left back ahead of Carroll which would allow Fraser to come into the midfield.

Apparently the club's "monitoring" the fitness of a few players, including Osman. An injury to him would scupper your suggestion, which I agree with incidentally. Add Welsh to those that are definitely out for Sunday (knee injury, one month). Eccleston and O'Donnell the other players with issues.

Worse case would be a back four of Muirhead, Frans, Seaborne and Carroll.

So this game is the Scottish equivalent of "Super Sunday" despite nobody giving a shit probably about it bar those attending.

Fraser has to start as I'd imagine he must be back to 100%, also hoping for the return of Higgy. We've done surprisingly ok in his absence but I for one can't wait to see him back. Aberdeen will obviously go in as favourites but they also did against us last time at Firhill in February, a result I'm still celebrating.

2-0 to Aberdeen is my guess.

nobody giving a shit,it's the famous aberdeen you are playing nae some diddy team like Motherwell or utd.

Archived