Sons v Hibs

So what was unreal about Rockstar's post, he got it absolutely spot-on. Whatever is going on, and whoever is picking the team and the formations, we'd be better returning to a simple system which part-time players can be expected to respond to.

Sure we maybe never expected to beat Hibs, but at half-time we were staring down the barrel of a total hiding, and thanks only to a combination of ditching the stupid original formation (a repeat of the previous week) and the intro of Chris Kane we at least competed and restored some belief.

Never mind Hibs, if we persist with this 'pish' these other teams will do us over too, especially with Kane rumoured to be returing to Saints.

I totally agree that we should never have been playing 3-5-2 despite it working well against rangers, all I'm saying is its hardly boozy's fault for holding a clipboard,

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats bitter about that? It's completely true, I see that more of a dig at our defenders for not dealing with Nish.

The "never in doubt" part, that's not what I felt and judging by P&B not what a great deal of fans felt at 2-3 and 3-4. We could quite easily have equalised, or even got a penalty because of a moment of stupidity from a Hibs player. With one goal in it it's never not in doubt. Or the bit where he said "It became too easy", or maybe we just weren't as monumentally awful in the second half!

I just quoted the Nish part because it made me laugh!

I don't see any bitterness from Stubbs there. Perhaps a bit disrespectful to Dumbarton by saying he wasn't worried about them bringing it to within a goal twice having been three down, but I'd imagine that's him trying to show confidence in his players rather than a GIRFUY to Murray.

Tbh, considering we had a manager last year who told the press his players weren't good enough to stay at the club, us having a manager who appears over-confident at times isn't going to be too high up my list of worries.

Indeed but oddly enough despite the comments about our three ageing central defenders it was Taggart who was outrun for the first goal and Megginson who was principally at fault for goals two and three

Never taggs fault for the first, he s the wing back and has an eye on his man outside of him and the ball. The goalscorer runs behind a diminuitive attacking midfielder, not aggie,not gils, but mich. Caught ball watching.

His isnt the only fault in it, as per the 2nd goal, imo lee mair has to step back and cover graham and mclaughlin.

He's a striker who has scored 9 goals in 10 starts (1 sub), what else is there to make of him?

We play a lot better with him in the team, his movement of the ball is great. Drags defenders all over the place.

Main question we pose is what do we do when Farid is back to full fitness; Do we drop Cummings & play Farid & Dom together or try rotating the strikers depending on fitness?

Archived