Sons v Hibs

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would appear that Jack Ross's departure has had a major impact and I feared that might happen. Murray needs to get back to basics and stop pretending he is a tactical genius! You play the formation that suits the players you have not the other way around. 3 slow centre backs don't play in a back 3. 4-4-2 is clearly the formation that suits us best. We are way too negative at the moment and should return to playing in a positive style of play.

see this clipboard /Boozy /jack Ross pish can we chuck it? Murray picks the team, mistakes will be made, but as Bbpf said last week but not this week, let's be realistic, beat alloa and Cowdenbeath, maybe Raith,livi,falkirk, but come on, get real

I'm glad that Stubbs has found a system that seems to compliment our players but looking at some of those goals, it's really fucking annoying that it's taken this long :lol: We're clearly don't have a bad bunch of players at all, it's just taken too long to get off the mark to make a real go of this season.

Some pretty dreadful defending from the black, white and gold Barca there. Good highlights.

Aye, good to have the highlights back! Mair misses a great chance at 4-3, hadn't realised at the time how good a chance that was even if the ball has come at him quickly.

see this clipboard /Boozy /jack Ross pish can we chuck it? Murray picks the team, mistakes will be made, but as Bbpf said last week but not this week, let's be realistic, beat alloa and Cowdenbeath, maybe Raith,livi,falkirk, but come on, get real

So what was unreal about Rockstar's post, he got it absolutely spot-on. Whatever is going on, and whoever is picking the team and the formations, we'd be better returning to a simple system which part-time players can be expected to respond to.

Sure we maybe never expected to beat Hibs, but at half-time we were staring down the barrel of a total hiding, and thanks only to a combination of ditching the stupid original formation (a repeat of the previous week) and the intro of Chris Kane we at least competed and restored some belief.

Never mind Hibs, if we persist with this 'pish' these other teams will do us over too, especially with Kane rumoured to be returing to Saints.

It would appear that Jack Ross's departure has had a major impact and I feared that might happen. Murray needs to get back to basics and stop pretending he is a tactical genius! You play the formation that suits the players you have not the other way around. 3 slow centre backs don't play in a back 3. 4-4-2 is clearly the formation that suits us best. We are way too negative at the moment and should return to playing in a positive style of play.

I dont believe for a minute that anyone other than Murray is picking the team, so i think it is purely coincidence that the strange formations are happening since Beuzelin has arrived

has to be 4-4-2 with these players

I dont believe for a minute that anyone other than Murray is picking the team, so i think it is purely coincidence that the strange formations are happening since Beuzelin has arrived

has to be 4-4-2 with these players

Boozy takes most of the training, from what I hear this is the norm for the assistant to take the majority of training.

Boozy will have a bigger impact than you think but there's no doubt about it that Murray picks the team. He will 100% have an influence over the team though, the same way Jack Ross did.

Some pretty dreadful defending from the black, white and gold Barca there. Good highlights.

Indeed but oddly enough despite the comments about our three ageing central defenders it was Taggart who was outrun for the first goal and Megginson who was principally at fault for goals two and three

Indeed but oddly enough despite the comments about our three ageing central defenders it was Taggart who was outrun for the first goal and Megginson who was principally at fault for goals two and three

Correct, megginson beaten far far too easily. Taggart was at least done for pace, Mitch was simply beaten too easy.

Thing is, Taggart had to track back a long way. He wasn't playing at CB on Saturday and one of the THREE who were should have been closer to the player making the run.

Both Marko and Mair were rotten on Saturday I thought. Turned far too easily throughout the whole first half, misjudging headers and generally not great positionally (something you expect them to be good at). That being said, I think Mair has been okay, but it just has to be Taggart and Graham in the middle of a back 4!! FWIW, big Andy also struggled in the first half. None of the players seem comfortable with the 3 centre backs in a back 5 thing.

Gilhaney got caught out for the 5th, but he isn't a wing back or right back. Please move him into the midfield. He has been performing well - I had him as my motm on Saturday but stop playing him out of position.

Anyway... good to have the highlights again!

Gilhaney got caught out for the 5th, but he isn't a wing back or right back. Please move him into the midfield. He has been performing well - I had him as my motm on Saturday but stop playing him out of position.

I'd agree with that, I think Gils and Andy Graham have been by far the best performers this year, Gils is going slightly unnoticed but he shows tremendous discipline and hard work in whatever position he's asked to play. That's not something you would have said of Mark when he came to us 5 or so years ago.

Alan Stubbs turn for some post match bitterness. Do you ever get the feeling Muzz and Stubbs slightly hate each other?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/stubbs-hibs-victory-at-dumbarton-never-in-doubt-1-3613940

“I’d have liked us to have won 6-0 but it’s not easy when you have a team that’s popping balls into the box where they have a 6ft 4in striker and a couple of other big ones. I would have liked us to have dealt with it better, but they were going to get opportunities.”

It is when that "6"4 inch striker" is Colin Nish who becomes a far more manageable 5"10 when he jumps.

Alan Stubbs turn for some post match bitterness. Do you ever get the feeling Muzz and Stubbs slightly hate each other?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/stubbs-hibs-victory-at-dumbarton-never-in-doubt-1-3613940

It is when that "6"4 inch striker" is Colin Nish who becomes a far more manageable 5"10 when he jumps.

Whats bitter about that? It's completely true, I see that more of a dig at our defenders for not dealing with Nish.

Archived