Queens v Raith

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasnt aware that I had antagonised anyone.

Anyway I'm buoyed by the win on Saturday and Nade being back. 2-1 Rovers on Saturday evening. A Nade brace.

Some, like you expect; others, like me merely hope. Whatever, the sentiments are the same.

Anyway sorry to Queens fans this stuff should be in our club thread.

No apology necessary. I think it's all quite interesting.

It can get a bit tedious on match threads when opposition fans speculate on their line-up, even though it's relevant.

This is a bigger debate though, and reminiscent of some that have taken place at stages, between Queens fans.

The points are being well made here, and it is interesting to see how fans of a club can have a different perspective from outsiders glancing in.

Do carry on...

To be fair most managers over the last thirty years have got us to a point and struggled to get us any higher (the Jimmy Nic years aside which I think we'd all agree were exceptional). I suspect it's more to do with finances and the quality of player the club can attract than coaching but could be wrong. The one consolation is we do seem to be moving forward financially and off the field

I fully accept that there are limits and the quality of player we can attract isn't always what we hope for.

However, I don't think that really helps to explain our prolonged depressions of form after the first quarter.

At least we are turning a profit, though. It goes witjout saying that as soon as the stadium mortgage is gone, the better.

I fully accept that there are limits and the quality of player we can attract isn't always what we hope for.

However, I don't think that really helps to explain our prolonged depressions of form after the first quarter.

At least we are turning a profit, though. It goes witjout saying that as soon as the stadium mortgage is gone, the better.

I'm genuinely hopeful that this season we might avoid the second and third quarter blues, mainly because we're getting players back who can make a difference and also because the rest of the league isn't that great. If Nade can stay fit then he could be the difference as he was on Saturday. Would be good if we were better to watch mind you

Are we paying off any of the capital owed? Or are we paying only the interest? Or are we simply tenants? Anyone know?

Are we paying off any of the capital owed? Or are we paying only the interest? Or are we simply tenants? Anyone know?

I'm not totally sure, but I do recall seeing some announcement by the club about the stadium at the start of this season ....

I'm interested to see our line-up this weekend, possibly have Hill back, Nade fit, Scott doesn't seem to work as a 1-1, Conroy/Stewart haven't featured as much as people thought ...

Edit, Stadium Announcement was this (still not sure what it means in regards to your question tbh, we are simply tenants possibly ?)

"Raith Rovers FC is pleased to announce that agreement has been reached with our landlord, Stark’s Park Properties Ltd, that will see the club remain at Stark’s Park for at least a further two years. Constructive negotiations between club officials and Stark’s Park Properties’ director and majority shareholder, John Sim, have taken place over the last 12 months, since well before the end of the original term of the lease last summer and, with continued cooperation and goodwill on both sides, this outcome will now allow the club and its landlord time to hopefully conclude a longer term arrangement on mutually acceptable terms."

Presumably Sim being on the board means that any tension between club and landlord is gone? You'd hope Sim would be willing to make the terms to the club as favourable as possible as he's now supposed to be looking after the clubs interests, but then again this is Rovers we are talking about

I'm genuinely hopeful that this season we might avoid the second and third quarter blues, mainly because we're getting players back who can make a difference and also because the rest of the league isn't that great. If Nade can stay fit then he could be the difference as he was on Saturday. Would be good if we were better to watch mind you

I agree with this. A lot of the doom-mongering seems based on a presumption we'll lose every week now the clocks have gone back as that's what's happened before. Football doesn't automatically work like that.

Barr and Hill get better every game they miss and while they aren't going to be Cannavaro types, it gives us new faces and a fresh lift when others have to wait till January for new signings. Small margins in a league like this can mean a fair few points.

I actually think we're better equipped to deal with the winter this season. The likes of Scott and Nade are the type of player we've never had before who can win games with little more than brute force. Scott particularly isn't good on the eye at all but will give us something when Mox and Foon aren't cutting it - as they weren't for large swathes of last season.

But still. Boooooo.

Supporters bus for Saturday cancelled due to lack of numbers. Diddy team that we are.

How many Queens fans were at Starks for the live Friday night game? I'm sure we took a healthy support considering.

Although the game was being televised I'm sure there was a decent home turn out too despite the pre-match comments on here by Raith fans who felt there would be a low attendance.

Be interesting to see what the Dumfries public make of a live Saturday tea time game!

How many Queens fans were at Starks for the live Friday night game? I'm sure we took a healthy support considering.

Although the game was being televised I'm sure there was a decent home turn out too despite the pre-match comments on here by Raith fans who felt there would be a low attendance.

Be interesting to see what the Dumfries public make of a live Saturday tea time game!

1552 was the attendance at the match according to http://www.qosfc.com/new_report.aspx?fixtureid=1079

I don`t know the away/home split but decent enough crowd for a Friday night televised game.

1552 was the attendance at the match according to http://www.qosfc.com/new_report.aspx?fixtureid=1079

I don`t know the away/home split but decent enough crowd for a Friday night televised game.

Was it....thought it was nearer to 2k! Our match day programme usually gives a break down in figures if anybody has one handy?!

Archived