Queens v Raith

Home win hopefully to further strengthen our grip on a play off berth. After this we have a couple of tougher games coming up and we really need to win this one to compensate for maybe picking nothing up against hearts and sevco.* If we defend like we did today we will have zero problems winning the game fairly easily.**

* If we don't take at least a point off The Rangers then I'll be extremely p*ssed off. I've seen nothing from them to suggest they should be feared, especially not at home. I hope our players don't show them the same fear/respect that some fans are. Definitely there for the taking. I would agree with you re. Hearts though. It's a game I'm expecting to lose, so anything there would be smashing.

** I think we will be hard to break down and will be a good bet for a clean sheet if we can replicate Saturday's defensive performance. But unless something changes up top then I wouldn't be as confident to say we'll win fairly easily. We could have played for another hour and still no scored on Saturday. Hopefully Reilly being back in the team will be the boost we need.

Normally like a trip to Palmerston but change of kick off time and the boxing i'll be giving it a miss.

Slightly more confident and hopeful that we start with a more positive line up.

Rovers to sneak it 2 - 1

I'm meant to be going to a mates to watch this on Saturday. What time is the 'main event'? He doesn't know! Useless.

Its a bit of a bummer this game being televised at the same time as Arsenal - Man Utd.

TBH, if The Champions League final was on the tele at the same time as a QoS game on the tele (wouldn't happen, but that's irrelevant to the point) it wouldn't be a hard decision for me to make. My own team every day of the week, I couldn't care who's on the other channel :)

Obviously hoping for the 3 points here. I'd have Reilly back in from the start. In all honesty, after Saturday's performances I wouldn't care which one Fowler drops between Lyle and Baird. I imagine he'll start Baird though after his decent performance against Raith in the last match. Hopefully a repeat performance and goal, with Lyle repeating his performance from that game as well :D When was the last time we had a 17:30 KO at Palmerston? I can't ever recall going to a game at that time.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home win hopefully to further strengthen our grip on a play off berth. After this we have a couple of tougher games coming up and we really need to win this one to compensate for maybe picking nothing up against hearts and sevco. If we defend like we did today we will have zero problems winning the game fairly easily.

And if we as negative going forward as we were yesterday this could end up another very boring game.

No qualms about the Arsenal game for me - I don't have Sky Sports.

I just assumed it would be on Friday tbh. Would've preferred that, though granted it would be a nightmare fir travelling fans.

I'll probably watch the Sky game and if it looks a decent game I'll just flick over now and again to check on the QoS goal tally.

You two must be a barrel of laughs on nights out.

I too will be watching on telly as I have a night out, 2-1 Rovers to continue or good record down there. Let's just hope Baird doesn't score again and break my heart, again.

Don't really know why you're switching on the TV to be honest with that outlook. I'd suggest watching Strictly or Pointless Celebrities instead

It's the Grant Murray effect. Watching us under him has sucked away my enthusiasm for watching the Rovers to point where I'm even thinking twice about watching them from the comfort of my own living room.

All things considered our league position is pretty good at the moment but I think most Rovers fans will agree the standard of football we're playing is horrific to watch at times. As others have said there really wasn't anything on Saturday that would suggest we're improving or having 'turned the corner' so to say. Tough game this. Really depends how Murray sets out the team. Would be very surprised if he sticks with the same team that finished against Cowden as I just can't see him dropping Scott and we'll no doubt go down to Dumfries set out not to lose when I reckon we might look a no bad outfit if we showed a bit more ambition in our play to get forward and press teams high up the pitch. Lost count the amount of times we had the ball in a decent position against Cowden but had lack of numbers forward to support play. Will be watching from the comfort of my living room and if pushed would probably take a draw as Queens seem a decent team this season. A win though would be fantastic....obviously.

It's the Grant Murray effect. Watching us under him has sucked away my enthusiasm for watching the Rovers to point where I'm even thinking twice about watching them from the comfort of my own living room.

think there are many more like you but were not allowed or supposed to feel that way

Hate to be constantly negative but I cant see us taking anything here (I did say we would win on Saturday so I suppose its not all doom and gloom from me haha !) ... Slight credit to Murray for that to, although AGAIN his starting 11 was horrendous with that 4-5-1 crap, he made the right changes that ultimately won us the 3 points. That being said I see another 4-5-1 defensive formation coming into this and we all know how well that works ...

Perhaps if we have Hill & Nade starting it could shake things up a bit, Hill seems to be one of the few who "plays for the shirt" so to speak, he surely must be fit by now ? And although I'm admittedly not a huge fan of Nade, he is a big presence up top that hopefully drives fear into defenders ...

I'm now off to touch up on my Gaelic for the weekend :P !

Don't really know why you're switching on the TV to be honest with that outlook. I'd suggest watching Strictly or Pointless Celebrities instead

Good call. I'll be watching Strictly. No choice really. I'll be overruled.

I would consider these types of programs are aimed more at people of your level - that kind of 'entertainment' is about as painful as watching Rovers. Except that with watching Rovers there's the hope that the viewing might improve.

theres a select few on here that make it feel that way,were continually negative and doom merchants

Yea, we're not even allowed an unchallenged opnion, regardless of how reasoned and obvious. We're persona non grata to the 'we're not that bad brigade'. Its a constant source of amusement on here how merely stating simple facts, let alone opinion, rattles so many of the bird brained's cages.

Can't believe how negative Rovers fans are. You are only 4 points behind us in third. Brighten up will you!

There's more to football than managing to scrape points together.

I just wish our coaching staff agreed.

Archived