Elgin v Queens Park 14/11/14

Well done Queens Park,looks to be tight at the top and I am delighted, like to see good competition throughout the season,and would prefer teams to be close in terms of points etc.

I thought that Clyde would get result today and make it even closer,still time of course,long season only 12 games played, but proud of Queens Park,they are exceeding expectations and are doing so with some key players missing due to injuries,thats credit to all involved.

The teams at the top however could still hit some poor patches of form,but I reckon the three at the top will continue to accumulate points,and hopefully we will see some really hard fought encounters with each other,I still back Queens Park to be up there come season end, unless something dramatic happens, and we have a patch of losses.

:thumsup2

Clyde are fucking bobbins, you don't need to worry about us being anywhere near the top.

Another impressive result for QP. In all seriousness, they're performing well above all expectations - how are you pulling it off? I assume Gusball is still alive and well...do you just have two really tall strikers or what? Genuine question

Cheers Stallion,I do still think Clyde will compete at the top end,things maybe not be clicking now, but as I say you have many games yet to turn things around,I would prefer Clyde to be up there competing and still think they will.

Queens Park have a good manager in Gus,he really motivates the players,and they need this,they need to keep developing and gelling as a team,and they fight hard,these boys are top players from where they have came from,and while opposition fans do not see this you only have to look at games so far,and think back to our first game,same players and, no! pretty average height strikers,although it is mainly our midfielders who are tucking away the goals.

I also think they have came to Queens for the chance to showcase the fact they can compete at senior level,and just want a chance,I get the impression they are really motivated to win and are very happy with the support of the club itself.

Gus is very good tactics wise, and really works hard to play his team man for man, to match the opposition.

I still think it is early days though, and I do hope Clyde pick up some form, as it would be a real shame for the support.

Best of luck to you all and try and keep faith.

Gus might have had a reputation for the long ball, but that's not what he's playing with us. He's picked up some excellent Juniors with Darren Miller, Vinnie Berry and Bryan Wharton really impressive. We got bullied last year but this won't be happening this year.

Four goals today in a deserved tanking of Elgin. They came back into it at 3-0, but we stepped it up again. Salad days.

Archived