Scotland v England...

haggis pakora

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think we'll take them. Am I just a blind optimist?

I definitely think we can. But my main worry is that Strachan treats it as a friendly (which I wouldn't blame him for doing so) and we're not quite up to scratch. Either way, I'm looking forward to it because I think we're definitely capable.

I definitely think we can. But my main worry is that Strachan treats it as a friendly (which I wouldn't blame him for doing so) and we're not quite up to scratch. Either way, I'm looking forward to it because I think we're definitely capable.

If either team treats it as a friendly it'll be England. I think we'll be more up for it and have a decent chance to beat them.

If either team treats it as a friendly it'll be England. I think we'll be more up for it and have a decent chance to beat them.

Aye, pretty much what I was trying to say but less complicated sounding.

I'd love us to get battered into them and, as mentioned above since we don't have another competitive game for about 4 months, play as strong a team as possible. They'll make all the right noises as always but I don't think England will relish coming up against Scotland at this time. They've looked a bit pedestrian and they'll have to up the intensity to be ready for Scotland.

However, I could see the logic if Strachan would like to get some a bit more game time for Scotland. Especially since this is as close as he'll get to replicating a competitive game without it actually being one.

does anyone think Macleod will get some game time v England , will be interesting to see how he gets on if he does?

If they decide to give some players a run out he may make the bench.

More than likely just be another training session with the squad though

If they decide to give some players a run out he may make the bench.

More than likely just be another training session with the squad though

Doubtful. Would send a bad message to Bryson, Dorrans etc if he jumped ahead in the packing order.

Even if we regard this as a 'friendly' - what does that actually mean for our team selection? I'd like to see the same 11 start with perhaps the exception of D.Fletcher and Morrison to start should there be any slight knocks. Martin will also start up front.

I'd love to see Russell get some game time. Anya on one wing and Russell on the other will scare the living daylights out of Cahill and Jagielka.

Even if we regard this as a 'friendly' - what does that actually mean for our team selection? I'd like to see the same 11 start with perhaps the exception of D.Fletcher and Morrison to start should there be any slight knocks. Martin will also start up front.

I'd love to see Russell get some game time. Anya on one wing and Russell on the other will scare the living daylights out of Cahill and Jagielka.

Martin probably deserves at least 1 start, but I expect he will just confirm that he doesn't work for us as the focal point of our attack. Would rather see May given a runout as I think he's more likely to be the right shaped peg for that slot.

I'd like to see May getting a run out as well, just even to see if he's different from what we've been using just now.

It's painfully obvious that our striking options aren't working with our system and it might just be that May will work.

1. It will be a travesty if Robertson doesn't start at left back.

2. Ideal opportunity to look at other striking options; Stevie May, Johnny Russell, anything but what we've had.

Robertson's been amazing for us. Cemented that LB.

Archived