Scotland v England...

haggis pakora

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading to this with my Dad, justified the cost by giving him the ticket as an early Christmas present. Going to West in Bridgeton for a couple of lagers and a scranchester before heading round to Parkhead to collect my tickets. I'm optimistic about it - while the odds are (correctly) against us, the England team doesn't exactly strike fear into me. It'd be good to see the likes of May and Russell come on as subs and show what they can do.

The match will be shown live on ITV1, programme starts at 19:30.

£50-60 is a disgrace, rip off. I hope the money is going to a good cause.

Checked the SFA website only 28 seats left in the North Stand Upper as I post .

http://www.scottishfa.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=CP&product=ENGL14&type=H&

http://www.scottishfa.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=CP&product=ENGL14&type=H&

Depends how much of a "good cause" you consider Stewart Regan's summer holiday fund tbh

I know the price is steep and as a result I'm not going (although I had a weak moment yesterday and nearly bought a ticket), but why would the money go to 'a good cause'?

The proceeds of other friendlies go to the SFA as far as I'm aware, unless it's billed as a charity match. Why would this game be any different?

I know the price is steep and as a result I'm not going (although I had a weak moment yesterday and nearly bought a ticket), but why would the money go to 'a good cause'?

The proceeds of other friendlies go to the SFA as far as I'm aware, unless it's billed as a charity match. Why would this game be any different?

You're jumping in there with the assumption that I had the idea the gate money should go to something outside the SFA. I never said it should.

You're jumping in there with the assumption that I had the idea the gate money should go to something outside the SFA. I never said it should.

Accepted, but I think it's fair to say that in normal parlance referring to money going to a good cause would be suggesting it's going to an external charity.

STV running their own coverage do it'll be big rhaman getting a soaking

The 4 clowns will still be there for the coverage in the rest the UK

They made some comment to Glenn Hoddle at the end of last nights ITV4 show about him going to Glasgow.

Accepted, but I think it's fair to say that in normal parlance referring to money going to a good cause would be suggesting it's going to an external charity.

I don't know if some of the gate money will go towards the Ebola Charity or any other external cause, but it would be safe to assume the gate money would be split and some would go towards SFA interests such as coaching and youth development.

There will be donations made towards Unicef's Ebola Charity and the UK government have said they will match up to 5m of public donations. There will be a phone number available if people want to make a donation and an appeal that will go out before and during half time during the broadcast on ITV and Sky. I would assume there will be people collecting outside the ground before the game as well. http://news.stv.tv/scotland/299807-uk-government-to-match-ebola-charity-donations-at-scotland-v-england-game/

Its not being too optimistic, bookies have us at about 3/1 and i would strongly recommend anyone to jump on that England won't be as up for it as we are, plus we're on the back of a great victory from Friday.

Archived