Scotland v England...

haggis pakora

I didn't see anything from him even in the Nigeria game. That's why I found it so odd/contrived that after that match wgs labelled him as one of 'our three main strikers'

Strachan has been wrong about a few forwards before - Griffiths being one guy shown perhaps too much faith for the Belgium and Croatia games.

Wish we had a fast, goalscoring, strong striker that swept all the others out the way.

Last sentence sounds like a description of Stevie May tbh. He's quick, strong and willing to run and hit it from anywhere. Whilst he's still got a lot to learn, if given the chance he will score goals.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strachan has already said that players will be rested and that it will basically be a Scotland reserve team and people are paying £60 a ticket to watch a glorified training match

SCOTLAND!!!!!!! SCOTLAND!!!!! SCOTLAND!!!!!

Can't wait for celtic park to erupt when scotland win. Get it up ye

Last sentence sounds like a description of Stevie May tbh. He's quick, strong and willing to run and hit it from anywhere. Whilst he's still got a lot to learn, if given the chance he will score goals.

Would love that to be true, but at the moment he's touch and go as to whether he'll make it at Championship level (read today he's not scored for Wednesday for 9 games). Here's hoping it's just a settling in period.

Would love that to be true, but at the moment he's touch and go as to whether he'll make it at Championship level (read today he's not scored for Wednesday for 9 games). Here's hoping it's just a settling in period.

was reading elsewhere he's playing well, just struggling to score, which will affect all strikers at that level, I dont think Strachan would have him on the bench, or involved if he didnt believe the ability was there.

I think it's very much a case of Wednesday are shite and don't play him correctly. Get the ball to feet in space and let him run at defenders. He causes mayhem. They apparently persist with long balls and generally play hoofball.

That said I'm not sure how May would do in the Scotland system. I'd see him as a more capable Naismith who'd shoot more, but with the same work rate up top. He's still rough around the edges, but could easily be Scotland's best striker in a few years. So long as he keeps working on his game.

More capable than a striker who is playing and scoring regularly in one of the top leagues in Europe?

In terms of finishing. Don't think I'm for a minute saying he's a better player. Not even close right now.

Gordon

Whittaker - Martin - Greer - Robertson

Brown - Mulgrew

Maloney - Morrison - Anya

Naismith

Bring Russell and May on for their first caps.

Would also be fine for Fletcher to come in, but Mulgrew was fantastic alongside Brown on Friday. If Morrison is still out then bring in either Dorrans or Bannan.

Same back 6 as the Ireland game. Mulgrew and Brown are a good partnership and them both playing at Celtic will help them out. Hanley and Martin need as much time together as possible and Robertson needs to play because he's magic. Whitaker only real option at right back.

Further forward I'd mix it up. One of Russell and May should start, and bring the other on. Play Anya because he's a crowdpleaser and Naismith because he's our best player.

Gordon

Whitaker Hanley Martin Robertson

Mulgrew Brown

Russell Morrison Anya

Naismith

Archived