Scotland v England...

haggis pakora

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it wasn't a friendly he'd have been sent off for sure.

He stupidly lost the ball in a daft position, went in a strop and then chased Ox down to assault him.

For me that was as embarrassing as how easily we conceded right after we'd finally scored. That 60 seconds when they upped their game truly showed how confortable they'd been beforehand.

Upped their game for 60 seconds :D

We had taken off Hanley and were going for a goal - it's not exactly hard to conclude that rather than them upping their game, they took advantage of our poor defending.

People really seem to be falling over themselves to see England as a massively superior team to is. The reality is that we were shit and they were less so. They were far from all over us, we had a good amount of possession and in truth neither keeper did much.

Games against Poland and Germany show that we can play much better than we did.

We had taken off Hanley and were going for a goal - it's not exactly hard to conclude that rather than them upping their game, they took advantage of our poor defending.

People really seem to be falling over themselves to see England as a massively superior team to is. The reality is that we were shit and they were less so. They were far from all over us, we had a good amount of possession and in truth neither keeper did much.

I think Germany have had a terrible start. It's still very early days and I wouldn't be too surprised if we get a right hard game at the Aviva. The arrogance on that Ireland thread is really f**king stupid imo, making out that we're infinitely superior to Ireland. BS

Very disappointing performance. England passed by us at will whereas we struggled to keep possession. They looked quicker and fitter than us - maybe the Ireland game took something out of us but whatever we werent the same team. England's third goal encapsulated the game in a nutshell - passed the ball into the net.

Watch the goal again and look at how their movement ripped us to pieces at that particular time.

Just back from the game, England played extremely well and were well prepared. Seeing Rooney live for the first time, i was quite impressed with how he marshalled the team, he did have a good reading of the game. Wilshire is just a c**t.

I felt sorry for the Scotland players, just a few days after an excellent result and they were being booed and moaned at. Sometimes you just have to accept, the better team won.

Top stuff. :)

Nice to see us shift up a gear or two from Saturday and we are on a very tidy run of wins. Loved the passing and movement at times and the last goal was particularly sweet. Pleased for Rooney who is bagging them again in good fashion.

Loud support as well, from what I heard on Radio 5 Live and the telly. Jubblies!

Can only reiterate what has been said so far. Very poor all round. I think tonight has been beneficial though, as in England we have a side that we know is better than us, but we will still attack (or at least that was the plan), so our weaknesses can be observed and hopefully rectified.

My main worries player wise from that game is Darren Fletcher, who I think needs to prove himself at club level again before he gets near the national side again as he has looked well off the pace the past few times he's came on. Hanley is starting to worry me, because a lot has been said over the past couple of years regarding his age, and I agreed that he needed time to develop, but does anyone actually see any real improvement in him since his first cap?

Finally Chris Martin. Banging in the goals for Derby, but I don't think he'll work for us. Steven Fletcher is a great forward for us as, yes he won't score loads, but he gives us that outlet, perpetually moving and playing great passes/through balls so our midfield can push up and really attack. Martin can only really hold the ball up for us, and that's about it. Both Russell and May looked more dangerous when they came on.

Thats my first Scotland game in a whilst and will be my last. Took ma boy with mr and for some reason half the Jock Stein stand decided to stand for first 20 minutes. Why I dont know and thos can easily be avoided. My next rant is the Taartan Army who insist in wearing Glengarrys with hige feathers that hit u in the puss every time they lean back. I Get the feeling that they think they are the be all and end all of the Scotland support and the rest can go take a feck.. .Ma laddie enjoyed the atmosphere but at £60 for us boyh I wont rush back.

hqdefault.jpg

Archived