Scotland v England...

haggis pakora

What? So using your (completely ridiculous) logic you are either totally shite at something or absolutely perfect at something? There is no in-between? Someone can't be good at something but still need to improve? Can't tell if you are either trolling or incredibly stupid, doesn't matter either way i suppose.

Who said you had to be perfect or shite at something.

If you chose a profession then I'm sure you would have to be good at that profession all the time.

Look at surgeons, if they made a mistake what on a client,what would be your and the general publics response be?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few of our players were clearly knackered but, surprisingly and depressingly, England were much more up for it than us. Was really impressed by their closing down and regaining possession when they lost it - I expected to see us playing like that but maybe just didn't have the energy.

Positives - scored a great goal... that's about it.

Negatives - we are dreadful at the back and short up front.

I think this game is getting blown right out of proportion! England were posh, we were just a bit worse.

We looked reasonably good going forward and played some nice football but defensively we were a bit of a shambles.

I certainly don't see some gulf in class that some are talking about - they defended better but didn't create many chances and the game was mostly played in the middle of the pitch.

Both May and Russell made a big difference when they came on and that third goal is the sort of thing that happens when you go all out attack.

Just disappointed that Scotland didn't play as well as we can and do ourselves justice. Sill, we've won the games that matter.

If I was Scottish, my main worry would be that when England pressed the Scotland back four high up the pitch, they gave the ball away time and time again. Other teams will take note of that.

Yep, I noticed that too. Could be the breaking of our system

It was always going to be an England win, a far better and superior side, and I think a few people were getting carried away and getting a bit excited in the run up to this game just because we beat the Republic of Ireland on Friday. England never even got out of first gear, and even when we scored they just went straight up the other end and put it in the net as they did against Slovenia at the weekend.

However, the main disappointment for me was the atmosphere. Friday night showed that the atmosphere at Celtic Park can be electric, but 5,000 England fans came up and easily outsung about 50,000 Scotland fans, really surprised at that.

Disappointing night, and the folk that paid £55 quid and over for that must be gutted. Hopefully the Gibraltar game comes round quickly.

They were excellent and a different team playing at that pace. A class above us.

Take the gloating in the stadium.

Take the gloating on TalkSport and ITV.

Friday mattered. Roll on March.

Just one last thing.

Wilshere and Hodgson are kunts.

As I mentioned earlier, I would have taken a scrappy win over Ireland over a result against England any day, it makes it hard to bear because it was England we were playing tonight but the important result was Friday and I couldn't really care less about tonight's result or performance.

Although in future friendlies I would like us to be braver in using players like Russell, May and a few others. This friendly was never going to be the type of game that we could do that in which is a pity as it has kind of left me feeling like it was a pretty pointless match in truth.

If I was Scottish, my main worry would be that when England pressed the Scotland back four high up the pitch, they gave the ball away time and time again. Other teams will take note of that.

I thought the lack of directness in taking English players on was our main attack flaw, the English stood back a number of times our players could have exploited this but they just passed it until it was back in our half. Every time the English got the ball Scotland got too many players behind the ball instead of marking players on the counter IMO.

Not many positives tonight. Apart from the goal. All players were 6/10 at best - rushed into shit passes or beaten to the ball too easily.

England got shit loads of space and time on the edges if our penalty box and up front we were toothless until may came on.

That said, may looked like a good fit once he was on. Russell looks the part too.

Will be more than happy if there are no more of these things for another fifteen years. As a fan, there's no benefit; all you get is relief if you win.

Some friendlies against teams we've never played would be nice. Was amazed to see we've never played Mexico, for example.

Every time I see Mulgrew doing a half arsed jog back for that third goal I die a little bit inside.

Just as bad as Charlie Adam against wales a few years back, probably worse.

To be fair to Mulgrew he gave everything against Ireland and the first half tonight. He was clearly fked along with Robertson.

as has happened since the 60/70's, the english look sharper on the ball and crisper in the pass. they look more confident on the ball even when its 3 to 1, they still seem to have time to look up and play the pass.

I have to say that these are all things England didn't do tonight. They have the ball away almost as much as we did and when in front of the keeper both Rooney and later Sterling chose the wrong options.

People are getting carried away by England's reputation, they did not play that much better than we did.

Archived